Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today - Part II (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

1454987_649254995095159_585596715_n.jpg

1456028_649255038428488_1382901059_n.jpg

969195_649255065095152_1596519433_n.jpg

It's got a VW 1200cc engine from the old Beetle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Dord wrote: »
    Saw a '91 Honda Civic saloon on O'Connell St (Dublin) yesterday. Looked in quite good nick too. A little bit of bubbling on the rear arches but overall it looked good. It's been a while since I've seen one. It was the very blocky one... can't find a pic.
    That would be an EF, rare enough these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Who does the coffee at C+C? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Saw a brand new frosty white Audi S6 and silver AM DB9 in Limerick this afternoon. No pics unfortunately :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Saw a brand new frosty white Audi S6 and silver AM DB9 in Limerick this afternoon. No pics unfortunately :-(

Nice!
    Irish plates?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Brian wrote: »
    Who does the coffee at C+C? :D

Costa (fortune) Coffee.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Scortho wrote: »
    Nice!
    Irish plates?

The DB9 was on Irish plates ya, seen it around before.
    Lets just say I wasn't looking at the plate on the S6, I was pre occupied by its other features :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Old & New

0DBDC56F-AD08-4792-9956-9B42C3A5CEBA-5152-000005743B0D229E_zpsa1e7a6a6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Well I had an interesting drive into work today. Saw these three cars on the road in Belfast in the space of about 10 seconds. (didn't take pics myself, but they were these cars / colours / editions )

First was a brand new BMW M3 in white with black alloys. mmmm
    2013_bmw_m3_performance_edition_7_1024x768.jpg

Then was a very quirky Renault Twizy (which I see quite often actually)
    220-Renault-Twizy.jpg

Then was a brand new Mercedes A45 AMG Edition 1. holy crap that thing had road presence! it looked tasty with the big spoiler!
    355BHP FROM A 2 LITRE ENGINE!! ON A ROAD CAR!!! sweeeeeeeeeet.

mercedes-a45-amg-edition-1-got-on-sale-photo-gallery_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

You seem to drive past a lot of places with white backgrounds :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

You sure as hell didn't see a brand new E92 M3 :D

Or did you???

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

That AMG is class! Lovely car. Saw one in London when over there a few weeks back to an NFL game.
    We were down near Soho at around 3am and all the rich kids were driving around in their Ferraris, lamborghinis, R8s etc.
    I couldn't use my phone due to been forced to drink beer all day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

You sure as hell didn't see a brand new E92 M3 :D

Or did you???

Whether it was a 2 door or a 4 door I honestly don't know. I've seen three different M3's in Belfast now in the past few weeks (e90 / e92). A blue one, a red one, and the white one today. Awesome looking yokes. I had to stop and oogle the red one (black alloys) the other day which was at the garage beside the local shop. I saw a guy beside it thinking "he looks like a builder or electrician or something ... how the hell can he afford that?!" I came out from the shop and the boot and bonnet were up; in the boot.... bundles of insulated cable, boxes of whatever, tools, reflective jacket etc... complete workmans mess of a boot. I was stumped! Shiney New model M3
    yop wrote: »
    That AMG is class! Lovely car. Saw one in London when over there a few weeks back to an NFL game.

I actually had to google it this morning. It's not just an AMG, it's a special edition of the AMG. looked class! expensive as F*ck, but it defo looks like a fun car!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Whether it was a 2 door or a 4 door I honestly don't know. I've seen three different M3's in Belfast now in the past few weeks (e90 / e92). A blue one, a red one, and the white one today. Awesome looking yokes. I had to stop and oogle the red one (black alloys) the other day which was at the garage beside the local shop. I saw a guy beside it thinking "he looks like a builder or electrician or something ... how the hell can he afford that?!" I came out from the shop and the boot and bonnet were up; in the boot.... bundles of insulated cable, boxes of whatever, tools, reflective jacket etc... complete workmans mess of a boot. I was stumped! Shiney New model M3

I actually had to google it this morning. It's not just an AMG, it's a special edition of the AMG. looked class! expensive as F*ck, but it defo looks like a fun car!

It depresses me when I see lovely cars that I am not and won't ever be rich enough to have one :D
    In fairness to the lads over in the UK I had a chat with a few of them at the traffic lights and the finish in the Lambo was incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

20130801_213148_zps124d7a7a.jpg

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

First time Ive seen a Golf R in person:

20131118_133946_zps8209ea5f.jpg
    20131118_133935_zps5d12980c.jpg

Also new RS6 advert at the Airport. Not a TDI (at least the road car isnt?):
    20131114_124638_zps023a82ee.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Here, it'll be

"Audi A6 Avant with the new 2.0 TDI engine" :D

Hope you're enjoying yourself in NZ, Matt!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭tc20

spotted on Bray seafront yesterday - a German reg (no, I mean it really is from Germany ;) ) Opel Ampera charging at one of the e-points, (though he was facing the wrong way on the one-way system there) First one I've seen in the flesh. Looked pretty good in white. No pic as I was driving at the time, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

tc20 wrote: »
    spotted on Bray seafront yesterday - a German reg (no, I mean it really is from Germany ;) ) Opel Ampera charging at one of the e-points, (though he was facing the wrong way on the one-way system there) First one I've seen in the flesh. Looked pretty good in white. No pic as I was driving at the time, sorry.

Theres a German reg'd one parked down the road from me as well (in celbridge).
    Reminds me of a civic that's been stretched.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I actually think those Amperas are a lovely design, would drive one myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Didn't see these today, but you get my drift :o

Drove this for work for a while, 5.7L v8 (chevy engine i believe), very very torque-y, but slower than i expected, and the truck chassis does it no good, understeer was ridiculous
    uwjv.jpg

Saw this cool take on a y60 (gq) patrol, lazy axle though
    null_zpsb2aa6d13.jpg

Have many more to upload, just gotta get a better internet connection first. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭MarkN

Odd way to treat it I thought! Had to grab the pics and run so couldn't take anything decent.

10949390243_f61e52bfea_c.jpg
    10949472743_8759153719_c.jpg
    10949172895_e41df052f6_c.jpg
    10949203315_c19c26e12c_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

Talking of Ferrari :-) ... this one parked close to me today

F1.jpg
    F2.jpg
    F3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

MarkN wrote: »
    Odd way to treat it I thought! Had to grab the pics and run so couldn't take anything decent.

10949472743_8759153719_c.jpg

Was that Dundrum shopping center? I posted up pics of that Ferrari a few months ago parked there, there still getting away with paying the VRT anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Here's an estate I saw
    281383.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Fabritzo wrote: »
    Here's an estate I saw

What an 18 year old Audi estate? That has no place in here..... i know that's the reaction you were fishing for :D

nice spot,pity it's only an 'S' though,while a nice bus the just don't have that 'special' feel of the RS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭MarkN

Was that Dundrum shopping center? I posted up pics of that Ferrari a few months ago parked there, there still getting away with paying the VRT anyway.

Dublin airport!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

Dun Loaghaire. Few weeks ago.

y3g9.jpg9aye.jpgj6r9.jpgmvfv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

tossy wrote: »
    What an 18 year old Audi estate? That has no place in here..... i know that's the reaction you were fishing for :D

nice spot,pity it's only an 'S' though,while a nice bus the just don't have that 'special' feel of the RS.

Dude. There was no RS in that era. They weren't about until the naughties.

The Audi 80 S2 and Audi 100 S4 were "the" thing in the 90's, when it came to VAG. And they were real special.

The Audi 100 S4 or later Audi S6 basically replaced the Audi 200 Quattros.

And the Audi 80 S2 was the next thing after the Ur-Quattro.

But you should know all that already.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Far Q Boss

Didn't know such a thing existed!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement