Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today - Part II (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Where or what is that Mik da man?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Where or what is that Mik da man?

Murphy prototypes LMP2 Le Mans racer from last year.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Yep, in Cork of all places :)

Is there anywhere to find out more info on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Re: Murphy Prototypes

That's this years LMP2. Entered into the ELMS and Le Mans.
    This will be the team's 3rd year running at Le Mans.
    It's shocking how little credit or kudos they've gotten from Irish media.

Greg Murphy (Team owner) is an absolute gent, invited myself and the brother in for a tour of their garage at Le Mans. He also gave us two signed caps each and got the driver's to sign our Irish flag.
    Later the same day we were sitting down eating by the track and he recognised us and came over to sit and chat.

They're looking very strong this year. They won the last race of the 2013 season, and got a top 10 finish last weekend at Silverstone after unlucky incidents had the back in 35th place.

Brendon Hartley drove for them all last year, and was picked to drive with Mark Webber in the factory Porsche LMP1. Karun Chandhook, former F1 driver is in their line up this year as well as other promising young talent.

They proudly fly the Irish flag, heres hoping for a successful, historic season.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Is there anywhere to find out more info on it?

http://murphyprototypes.com/racing/html/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Saw an Alfa 164 about half an hour ago in Nutgrove shopping centre carpark. Not a particularly nice example but I don't ever remember seeing one on the road in Ireland before. I drove around to get a picture but it was driving off when I got there:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Saw an Alfa 164 about half an hour ago in Nutgrove shopping centre carpark. Not a particularly nice example but I don't ever remember seeing one on the road in Ireland before. I drove around to get a picture but it was driving off when I got there:(

There were a few of them around, admittedly I'd say there are very few still on the road at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

They were state cars years ago, Mary Robinson had one, a V6. Its been scrapped though, apparently.

maryrobinsonalfa.jpg

This lives next door tomy girlfriend's grandmother. Just a lowly 2.0.
    7881927448_e5b4d335de_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Thanks for those pics Kaiser D I had a 1991 TS 164 identical to the car in the last pic. I know where there is a special 164 in santry ;)loved the black over graphite colour scheme.

bangernomics too paid 400e with test and tax and 5 new matching pirellis including the spare..original irish car too-great fun down a backroad :D

also bought a later uk import ts in the same colour scheme but in lusso spec that got broken into and ruined in a aldi carpark:mad:

In keeping with the thread title I seen a Z3 M convertible with the roof down on the M2 (on wednesday) I was travelling the other way and couldnt get a pic. The Fugly Z3M Coupe is one of my dream cars:cool:

• Advertisement

davycc wrote: »
    Thanks for those pics Kaiser D I had a 1991 TS 164 identical to the car in the last pic. I know where there is a special 164 in santry ;)loved the black over graphite colour scheme.

bangernomics too paid 400e with test and tax and 5 new matching pirellis including the spare..original irish car too-great fun down a backroad :D

also bought a later uk import ts in the same colour scheme but in lusso spec that got broken into and ruined in a aldi carpark:mad:

In keeping with the thread title I seen a Z3 M convertible with the roof down on the M2 (on wednesday) I was travelling the other way and couldnt get a pic. The Fugly Z3M Coupe is one of my dream cars:cool:

I think I know the 164 you speak of, it lives on the same road as the old guy who reconditions clutches.

I've never gotten a photo of that, but then again I've never fancied Santry for car spotting. Older parts of Coolock are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Kaiser D wrote: »
    I think I know the 164 you speak of, it lives on the same road as the old guy who reconditions clutches.

I've never gotten a photo of that, but then again I've never fancied Santry for car spotting. Older parts of Coolock are great.

Yea the Shanowen area;) I used to know the owner through Octane.ie but I aint seen him in ages now . 164s were great cars fully galvanazised and timing chain too only weak points being clutch hydraulics.

there are a few nice older cars hiding in santry if you look in the right places which I know pretty well by now thankfully. even in Darndale there used to be 2 mantas at 1 stage but long gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

There used to be a green TS outside Kiltale for years and years, gone this 2 years at least.... Wonder where it went to, couldn't be many 96d 164's about....

Probably the bin is the reality :(

davycc wrote: »
    Yea the Shanowen area;) I used to know the owner through Octane.ie but I aint seen him in ages now . 164s were great cars fully galvanazised and timing chain too only weak points being clutch hydraulics.

there are a few nice older cars hiding in santry if you look in the right places which I know pretty well by now thankfully. even in Darndale there used to be 2 mantas at 1 stage but long gone

There used to be a yellow MK1 Capri in a garden in Darndale too, only up until recently. Its gone now.

Now, to keep on topic, a couple of MGs.

7881914204_0878b2847e_c.jpg
    7881914724_be396f39f8_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

I had two 3.0 V6 164's , great yokes altogether but a RWD 75 v6 was the best Alfa I ever had .

I bought my first 164 for half nothing because it was showing up as no oil pressure trade in to a prestigious garage,with red oil light on and gauge at zero bar, a hard high rev test drive convinced me otherwise, and at that stage I didn't own it so if it seized it was not goin to be my problem , Q cheque book out and purchased cheap alfa ! and a 7 punt sender cured the oil pressure problem, got two years out of and doubled my money.

I used to do badge delete, but the 3.0 v6 had the 164 badge on the right hand side of the boot rather then on the left of the boot lid on the twin spark.

A home made kill switch saved it from professional (as in bank robbers) thieves one night , I had the fuel pump wired into one of the interior courtesy light switches of which there were six buttons mounted behind the rear view mirror on the head cloth .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

Yellow Murcielago beside Tallaght Hospital today around 10am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

Yes not very exciting/powerful ect, but not that common down here anyway.

SSssBZB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

nd wrote: »
    Yes not very exciting/powerful ect, but not that common down here anyway.

It is if it has a HEMI.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I like the aggressive look of them but the 3L diesel is a pig of a yoke. Plenty of power in 1st - 3rd but just dies after that. Visibility is sh1te outta them too.

I like them too, so much so that I almost bought one, but inside they're just horrible. I have yet to see one that hasn't got grey leather.

• Advertisement

I like them too, so much so that I almost bought one, but inside they're just horrible. I have yet to see one that hasn't got grey leather.

My appreciation for them has been massively reduced by the fact that a total focking d1ckwad close to me has one.

I also hate the name Kevin too. :mad:

Big Nasty wrote: »
    My appreciation for them has been massively reduced by the fact that a total focking d1ckwad close to me has one.

I also hate the name Kevin too. :mad:

Anyone know a Kevin who drives a 300c?

Anyone know a Kevin who drives a 300c?

If they do they should steer clear of the d1ck! :D

The Bentley badge thing is ****ing ridiclious.

Like seriously, anyone who puts Bentley badges on a Chrysler is a twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭ofcork

There is one in cork with alloys at least 21" if not more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Seen a light blue with audi r8 in clondalkin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

3rd one of these I've seen this week.
    QfMZKRl.jpg

I suppose without the jag badge you wouldn't look at it twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Same here, had a thread here where I was considering a 535d v a 300c a while back.

Same here, had a thread here where I was considering a 535d v a 300c a while back.

You made the right choice dude. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Big Nasty wrote: »
    You made the right choice dude. ;)

Ah yes I'm in no doubt about that!
    Once I test drove the 535, it was clear it was in a different league.
    In another era I'd love to own the 6.1 SRT 300c but I don't think I could justify the "gas" :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement