Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today - Part II (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

But there are the x5 or x6 35d or now 40d engines with 4wd... or is that a stronger 4wd system to the car's x-drive??

You probably won't have space for that drivetrain in a 3-series :)

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

I must have one of those Camaros :o

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭KingIsabella

335i is what it sounds like. Nice machines.

Thought the 335i had twin pipes, but only one on either side? Stupid question, only because ive never seen one, does the 335i come in 4door?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Thought the 335i had twin pipes, but only one on either side? Stupid question, only because ive never seen one, does the 335i come in 4door?

I think that's what he meant (twin pipes but one on each side as opposed to twins R & L).....
    How have you never seen a 335i, they're not that rare...
    335i also comes in 4 door alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

Saw an english reg 3 series last night, twin pipes on both sides but at the edge as opposed to the m3 closer in the middle, anyone any ideas or just a random 3er with modded pipes?

Id say that was a tuned or modded 3 maybe alpina.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Woops, sorry, misread your post. Right you are, 335i has one pipe left and right. Not two.

Could have been modded, or it could have been an alpina or something!

Could have been an alpina b3,the version of the 335.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Not quite today. Some pics from my '07 trip to Spa. My favourite one for obvious reasons ...

spa1.jpg

spa2.jpg

spa3.jpg

spa4.jpg

spa5.jpg

spa6.jpg

spa7.jpg

spa8.jpg

spa9.jpg

spa10.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

skodafelicia.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Kerbdog2007

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

^^ CLK-GTR!!! :drools:

More of the CLK GTR Roadster.........

IMG_0019.JPG

IMG_0021.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Wow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

More of the CLK GTR Roadster.........

IMG_0019.JPG

IMG_0021.JPG

That roadster is 1 of 6 ever built and was the only RHD ever built, made for the Sultan of Brueni (who else :rolleyes:), who also had the only RHD CLK-GTR coupe built. They were sold a couple of years ago.
    The top seller of the night was a 2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR Roadster, the only right-hand drive example built, for £616,000. An equally rare 2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR Coupé achieved an impressive £522,500,

More pics of the coupe here. Incidentally one of the pics names it as 13/25, there were actually 26 built, the first was kept by Mercedes.

LF09_r137_03.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭S Line

Ah yes the CLK GTR !!!
    Mercedes Benz’s first and only foray into the world of passenger air travel !!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQbgSe9S54I

• Registered Users Posts: 33 jonnynitro

S Line wrote: »
    Ah yes the CLK GTR !!!
    Mercedes Benz’s first and only foray into the world of passenger air travel !!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQbgSe9S54I

not true they made the engines for the greman airforce in WW2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭S Line

Whell i did say 'passenger air travel'

The luftwaffe are harldy Ryanair !!!!

Although when you think about - A large organiation that owns a lot of planes that brings terror & pain to 1000's of innocent ordinary people !!!!!
    :eek::D:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

No pic as was driving, but spotted a DeLorean on the back of a car trailer last night, around 9.20pm. It was heading down the hill towards the Silversprings Hotel as we were travelling up. Couldn't tell you what was towing it, apart from it being a dark saloon. The DeLorean kinda took what attention I could spare :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Top Dog wrote: »
    No pic as was driving, but spotted a DeLorean on the back of a car trailer last night, around 9.20pm. It was heading down the hill towards the Silversprings Hotel as we were travelling up. Couldn't tell you what was towing it, apart from it being a dark saloon. The DeLorean kinda took what attention I could spare :D

You won't believe this but that same car with the DeLorean passed by my house this morning at about 8:50 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Jesus, Merc' have really made some horrendously ugly cars.

Are you seeing the same photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

You won't believe this but that same car with the DeLorean passed by my house this morning at about 8:50 :D
    Show off! :P

Bet you got to see it in daylight when I was looking in the dark & rain :mad:

Top Dog wrote: »
    Show off! :P

Bet you got to see it in daylight when I was looking in the dark & rain :mad:

Yes! Well, daylight to a certain extent!

My question was to cianryan and the ugly comment just to clarify.

ofcork wrote: »
    My question was to cianryan and the ugly comment just to clarify.

Sh!t, my apologies :o

A few from Ford Fair a while back. The white and blue MK1 is an Irish car with a 2ltr Zetec engine. I see it around Kilkenny quite a bit.

030.JPG

032.JPG

043.JPG

046.JPG

040.jpg

Saw a cls63 amg today with a lorinser bodykit on it a 09 D reg in west cork,no photo as i was driving nice motor though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

We're definitely seeing the same pictures!
    There's been some nice Merc's but I really don't like the look of some of their preformance cars.
    Sticking an old E Klass front on a super car just does not appeal to me.

I've voiced my opinions on German cars on here before, not interested for another 30 years! :P

• Advertisement

Each to their own i suppose but that was how the clk looked at that time and it transferred to the clk gtr.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement