Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today - Part II (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

The CLK was always deigned as a cabriolet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

The Xr3i Cabriolet, favoured transport of Essex girls circa 1991. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭daveohdave

CianRyan wrote: »
    The CLK was always deigned as a cabriolet.

True, I should have asked why they'd apply a DTM kit to something like that. Each to their own, but I think it looks ridiculous.

I feel the same way about hard-top Lamborghini's and the like. I just don't see the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Seen a 131 vw beetle today. It was all done up like herbie - the red and blue stripes along with the 53 logo on the bonnet, boot and sides. Looked class. Phone battery was dead so I couldn't take a pic :(

daveohdave wrote: »
    True, I should have asked why they'd apply a DTM kit to something like that. Each to their own, but I think it looks ridiculous.

I feel the same way about hard-top Lamborghini's and the like. I just don't see the point.

Because there's no better way to spend a sunny day than going for a top down rip in a sports car!

• Advertisement

A Lamborghini is a sports car?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

A Lamborghini is a sports car?

No, it's a small van. What the fortified furk, man?? :pac:

To be fair, traditionally all Lambo's cane without roofs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

No they didn't. Roadsters/Spiders/Soft-tops have always been a small portion of Lamborghini sales, and they came to them pretty late.

Unless you're talking about the tractors - in which case, sure. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Sportscars can be hard-top too, y'know! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Spike Witwicky

Saw this Type S today. Apologies for pic quality. Taken on a phone while holding a snack box and a can o coke

858b14e3-ba14-4ef6-a8a9-0f4296c851ca_zpsf0a24fd5.jpg

jimgoose wrote: »
    Sportscars can be hard-top too, y'know! :cool:

I know, I just love having the top off. :p
    alastair wrote: »
    No they didn't. Roadsters/Spiders/Soft-tops have always been a small portion of Lamborghini sales, and they came to them pretty late.

Unless you're talking about the tractors - in which case, sure. :D

Bingo, it was a tractor reference. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

A bad pic of a Tesla Model S.

_20140608_132742_zpsuqyrbva_edit_1402682929472_zpsrexkmxvu.jpg

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

el diablo wrote: »
    A bad pic of a Tesla Model S.

G]
    They are such a rip off styling wise of the Jaguar XF

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

What..? :confused:

A Gallardo maybe, it's a poseurs car, but a Murcielago or a Diablo? I'd like my supercar with a roof thanks.

And no, I wouldn't consider them sports cars. They're supercars. An MX5 is a sports car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Saw a white 141 Bently In ballincollig today looked class.

Metallic holy Mary blue Continental? Great car, appalling colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Gavman84 wrote: »
    Say a white 141 Bently I ballincollig today looked class.

I'll say it anywhere you want. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

It was a continental but was definitely white, not the colour I'd pick but serious car!

• Advertisement

A Gallardo maybe, it's a poseurs car, but a Murcielago or a Diablo? I'd like my supercar with a roof thanks.

And no, I wouldn't consider them sports cars. They're supercars. An MX5 is a sports car.

What are you saying? You don't see the point of convertible Lamborghini's?

You realize that the Diablo, Murcielago, Gallardo and Aventador all come in hard top and convertible versions don't you? Doesn't matter if it's a Peugeot or a Lambo, some people simply prefer driving with the roof off or at least having the option to on a sunny day.

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    What are you saying? You don't see the point of convertible Lamborghini's?

You realize that the Diablo, Murcielago, Gallardo and Aventador all come in hard top and convertible versions don't you?

Super quick on the uptake.
    Doesn't matter if it's a Peugeot or a Lambo, some people simply prefer driving with the roof off or at least having the option to on a sunny day.

Indeed, poseurs. The simple fact of the matter is that a car without a roof is compromised -- it doesn't handle as well, it's slower, and it's more dangerous in the event of a crash.

For pootling around it's super lovely, and that's what hairdresser cars like the Peugeot CCs and 6 Series are perfect for; but again, I'll stick with the roof in my supercar thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Indeed, poseurs. The simple fact of the matter is that a car without a roof is compromised -- it doesn't handle as well, it's slower, and it's more dangerous in the event of a crash.

For pootling around it's super lovely, and that's what hairdresser cars like the Peugeot CCs and 6 Series are perfect for; but again, I'll stick with the roof in my supercar thanks.

What supercar are you currently driving?

If you think having the top off is only for poseurs then you are off my Christmas card list.

It's the sounds, the wind, the sun on your skin.
    And most of all, the fact that I don't fit in my car properly with the roof up. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

You're watching too much TopGear. I suppose a F1 car is compromised without a roof? Manufactures develop rigidity into the chassis. They don't just cut the roof off and sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

In Cork today.

Porsche 997 GT3

:rolleyes: Just wanted to clarify, poor phrasing on your part:

LOL :P Do you own - sorry, no - have you ever even driven a supercar? I'd agree with the poster that suggested you watch too much Top Gear. The differences in handling, performance, etc. are minimal in modern supercars. You'd have to be considerably talented and capable on the track (which you are not) to notice any substantial difference between a 458 coupe and a 458 Spider. As you don't own the supercar to which you keep referring to, you should book yourself in for a few performance driving lessons in Mondello and, in the meantime, try to learn how to form an opinion by yourself instead of paraphrasing someone elses ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Some pics would be great!

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Some pics would be great!

Back on topic.. :)

n4xd09.jpg
    m7e2o4.jpg
    350vs5f.jpg
    2wmi5mp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

WTF was a porsche doing in halfords lol, at the we'll fit it place especially.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement