Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today - Part II (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Marlow wrote: »
    First sunday every month, 10:30am, Cherrywood Industrial Estate, Cabinteely, D18.

It's organised via Octane, but a lot of people across the different forums come. It's for a bit of coffee, car talk and good fun.

/M

Popped my Octane cherry today - great gig despite the cold and rain! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Popped my Octane cherry today - great gig despite the cold and rain! :)

I'm the geezer with the hat and the red Rally jacket, just if you're in doubt. Didn't get to say hello, then again, it's always a busy place.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Dazza Mc kenna

Some cars from the Cars and Coffee meet up
    P1060457.jpg
    P1060441.jpg
    P1060483.jpg
    P1060516.jpg
    P1060449.jpgP1060523.jpgP1060534.jpg
    P1060494.jpgP1060514.jpgP1060531.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

There was some very tasty metal at the meet today, but it was freezing! It took me about 2 hours to thaw out properly!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭phoenix_nights2

Saw a swimming pool today ! :)

2011-12-06_10-05-04_434.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,502 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

That Plymouth Satellite is sweet!

I've seen that black Trans Am* on fire before :D

I'm fairly sure it's the same one, Eddie Rockets organise a similar event, was working in Stillorgan and he was touring round the car park and something came loose and went on fire under the hood. He got the extinguisher and put it out, spent the next hour fixing it and complaining that the foam did more damage than the fire.

That Plymouth Satellite is sweet!

I've seen that black Trans Am* on fire before :D

I'm fairly sure it's the same one, Eddie Rockets organise a similar event, was working in Stillorgan and he was touring round the car park and something came loose and went on fire under the hood. He got the extinguisher and put it out, spent the next hour fixing it and complaining that the foam did more damage than the fire.

That wasn't my car, it was a black Camaro that happened to about four years back? Eddie Rockets didn't organise any event either, we just go there the odd time after a cruise. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,502 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    That wasn't my car, it was a black Camaro that happened to about four years back? Eddie Rockets didn't organise any event either, we just go there the odd time after a cruise. ;)

hmmm... maybe it was a camaro, it was about 4 years ago.

Fair enough ER didn't organise anything, I thought there was some connection...

hmmm... maybe it was a camaro, it was about 4 years ago.

Fair enough ER didn't organise anything, I thought there was some connection...

Definitely was, the engine bay was all chromed up and had metal pipe covers that came loose and then eathed off the bonnet. I'll try find you a pick of the car.

Never seen a rat car in person and today i saw two.

2011-12-07_10-17-24_411.jpg

Got talking to the VW guy and he showed me this BMW that the garage guy where he works was ratting it. Its a work in progress.

2011-12-07_10-07-43_521.jpg

2011-12-07_10-09-54_73.jpg

2011-12-07_10-10-54_682.jpg

2011-12-07_10-11-54_8.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

^^^^^^^^^

Am I the only one that doesn't "get" the rat look. I think it looks ridiculous.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

That yellow Lotus Elise that Marcinek posted lives in my area :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Mr Magners wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^

For some reason I really like the Rat look, providing its done right.

33010010650_large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Mr Magners wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^

Each to their own I say but there doesn't seem to be any individuality about it. They are all lowered a bit, bonnet is rusted along with the wheelarches, some of the chrome is removed carefully, possibly a dent put in a door and then to top it off a rat look roof rack with a 1950's Pepsi/Coca Cola cooler, a wooden box or suitcase and a duffel bag on top. Nothing really different about them.

Reminds me of the Emo's who hang around the Central Bank claiming to be "different" but they all dress and act the exact same. Ah well, live and let live.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

This "rat look" is new to me... :confused: What an odd thing to do to a car

For some reason I really like the Rat look, providing its done right.

he is doing the same trailer as this one ...

rat_bmw_640_04.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Seen in Edinburgh recently

184393.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Nice spot ;)

Damn you TopDog, damn you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Is it parked or in moving traffic? If parked, obnoxious parking thread is that way >>>>>
    Ummm - the drivers door is open and there's a bloke getting into it ... so I'm gonna guess parked. Or at least stopped anyway :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I was sitting outside LeasePlan in Sandyford earlier when this passed by me on the back of a truck, being taken to the Vodafone building.

Took some pics and was chatting to one of the truck drivers for a minute. Apparently the only way they can get it into the carpark is to put it on special equipment and "drive" it sideways because it's too low to go in front-to-back.

184421.jpg

184422.jpg

184423.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Here is an album of cars that I saw in UAE last week(includes a Bugatti Veyron)
    http://imgur.com/a/hA25s#13

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

I imagine that F1 is heading indoors as per the one in Voda UK.

Shouldn't be anything stopping randoms heading up for a look see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

E39MSport wrote: »
    I imagine that F1 is heading indoors as per the one in Voda UK.

Shouldn't be anything stopping randoms heading up for a look see.

It's not, it was in a laboratory company I was working in there the other day. It's in sandyford allright

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭sk8board

kwalshe wrote: »
    It's not, it was in a laboratory company I was working in there the other day. It's in sandyford allright

As far as I understand from someone at Vodafone, they have a loan of it for a year for corporate events etc etc. Its one of those 'fake' shells of the car of 2 or 3 years ago

Since we don't have an obnoxious driving thread (The Opel in this clip), I'll leave it, with what I did see today.

New York Taxi on the M6 near Kinnegad.

/M

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

What did they do that 99% of other drivers on Irish roads doesn't do?

kbannon wrote: »
    What did they do that 99% of other drivers on Irish roads doesn't do?

Yer man in the Opel was besides the taxi, probably snapping a video or picture or whatever. Moving at the same pace. Not an inch faster.

He only started to react, when I was up his arse, then hit the brakes and slowed down to 60 km/h to pull in behind the taxi. In general, that's actually dangerous driving, but the wrong thread to discuss those sort of shenanigans.

/M

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

In an underground car park in town. They haven't moved in some time!

IMAG0092.jpg

IMAG0093.jpg

IMAG0094.jpg

Any guess what's under the tarp? A free thanks for the winner! (I'll get a photo of her if I can on Monday) (answers here...)
    IMAG0096.jpg
    (my girl on the left)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Some oldies.
    scaled.php?server=809&filename=51641165594376776113538.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=808&filename=51641165594136770113538.jpg&res=medium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

i usually criticize a post like, this ie no picture but saw a delorean driving through ballinasloe the other day northern reg very noisy sounded more like broken exhaust rather than wide bore

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement