Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today - Part II (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

Jesus how can they drive some of that scrap it's so low.Love the Jetta,more exhausts than a 747 and lower than a snakes belly, and is a 1.9 tdi 103 hp:eek:

I still don't get that lowering thing. Why do guys do it? Better handling?

Cos it looks like sh*te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Stanlex

The second coolest M3 I've seen after the green one I posted a while back

20140812_123525.jpg

Could you please tell me if that M3's plate is "INFINIT"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I saw the weirdest Spanish civil-war era yoke today... when I get above the 50 post count, I´ll throw it up...

ok, now that I have a better look at it from my computer... never seen it before...

318206.jpg

318207.jpg

PS, is it possible to embed images from your computer, or is that only for hotlinked images..??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

ok, now that I have a better look at it from my computer... never seen it before...

318206.jpg

318207.jpg

He still thinks there's a war on with the way he parked it.:p.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

^^ I scrolled down as far as the DE LA FUENTE truck in the background, and was wondering WTF you talking about. I was going from left to right to see what car was there, and asking whats so special about a pug a volvo or was it the piaggio.
    Then I scrolled down. duh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

Given how few sold these can't be too common!

lcn4g52.jpg

e01vywa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

nd wrote: »
    Given how few sold these can't be too common

/thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

Saw it last monday:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Gorgeous blue Rolls Royce Ghost just passed me on Grange Road in Rathfarnham, UK plates. Couldn't get a picture in time but exact same spec as this one.

1z3y13l.jpg
    izoync.jpg

I've seen a few in black and always thought they looked a bit bland but this one was lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Just back from hols in California. For the first day I was so excited to see a mustang, challenger, camaro etc. but then I realised that they're everywhere! A mustang is basically like a Corolla over there.

Anyway, months ago I organised a mustang rental to drive down the coast for a few days.

318271.jpg

That's not mine though. Got to the rental desk and was offered a free upgrade to a Camaro convertible. I said yes please! However, then she came back and told us that there'd be an hour wait for it. I said no problem we'd wait. But she kept looking and said she had another car that was "quite nice" and available immediately, but would have to charge me an extra $50 a day. That car was the one on the left. :D

I even let the gf drive it (briefly)
    318275.jpg

As I said before, nice cars over there are everywhere so didn't bother taking a pic of most. Here's one I'd never seen before though
    318276.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Greg81

Just back from hols in California. For the first day I was so excited to see a mustang, challenger, camaro etc. but then I realised that they're everywhere! A mustang is basically like a Corolla over there.

Anyway, months ago I organised a mustang rental to drive down the coast for a few days.

That's not mine though. Got to the rental desk and was offered a free upgrade to a Camaro convertible. I said yes please! However, then she came back and told us that there'd be an hour wait for it. I said no problem we'd wait. But she kept looking and said she had another car that was "quite nice" and available immediately, but would have to charge me an extra $50 a day. That car was the one on the left. :D

I even let the gf drive it (briefly)

As I said before, nice cars over there are everywhere so didn't bother taking a pic of most. Here's one I'd never seen before though

What rental did you use?It is good to know they have new Corvette that you could rent.

I did similar thing few years ago. Rent a C6 Corvette in Miami and went to Key West and back through the 15 miles bridge. I remeber it like it was yesterday. I was a great day.

4523198958_bd66d14b6b_b.jpg

OSI wrote: »
    Hertz will rent you anything from a Fiesta to a Porsche in the states as long as you've got the cash. Last time I checked they had Camaro SS, Challenger R/Ts, Merc SL55, Porsche 911 and Corvettes. Had a Camaro SS for 2 weeks last year.

That is what i thought. I got that Corvette from Hertz as well. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Awful awful photo, and I'm sure it's been spotted before (but I could only find a dutch one on the thread), but that blurry brown object is a Tesla Model S, seen in it's native environment, feeding from an electrical cable.

Spotted in Newcastle, Co. Down at the Airshow on Saturday last. There were plenty of dirty great airplanes to offset the Teslas low carbon emissions :)

527ae810-528a-4239-99ce-4858f61ae266_zps58bb9e1b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Greg81 wrote: »
    Wilton House. UK

Jesus Greg, easy with the photoshop there... Tone down your saturation.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭markeymark

No pics but spotted a top down convoy of Bentley Continental convertible, DB9 Volonte and Ferrari California going up airport hill in cork, presumably on the way to Kinsale. English reg I think. The Ferrari sounded and looked best, IMHO of course :-)

smash wrote: »
    Jesus Greg, easy with the photoshop there... Tone down your saturation.

I like green :) I know i have to fix that photo.

But first:

14886511406_1d03a3e4e3_b.jpg
    McLaren F1. Old School. by kurzew, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Greg81 wrote: »
    What rental did you use?It is good to know they have new Corvette that you could rent.
    Got the corvette from budget. Standard rate was $350 per day, but I got it for about 130. It was the woman's last day on the job so she just didn't seem to give a damn :D

For the second half of our trip we were supposed to switch to a Rav 4 or equivalent. Decided to chance my arm and see what I could get for an upgrade and ended up getting a challenger for an extra ten bucks.

318361.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

318206.jpg

318207.jpg

That's not a Spanish civil war era anything. It's a late sixties/early seventies VW 181 - essentially a beetle/karmann ghia with a jeep/buggy body.

I see someone was on the same event i was... Show people good event and they will go there next year hehe
    14728826247_875cb5ae44_b.jpg
    McLaren F1
    by Marcinek_55, on Flickr

• Advertisement

I see someone was on the same event i was... Show people good event and they will go there next year hehe

Sorry mate I didn't know it was a private event ;)

alastair wrote: »
    That's not a Spanish civil war era anything. It's a late sixties/early seventies VW 181 - essentially a beetle/karmann ghia with a jeep/buggy body.

Thanks Man, I never got a picture of the inside, but I saw inside ... there was nothing in it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭sblythe

There was a VW 181 at the show on in Terenure a few weeks back. Absolutely class things (geddit, because they're called Things).

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭lway

Not too familiar with various Ferrari models but spotted these two outside a Hotel while on holiday in Italy.

Apologies for the quality of the first pic.

2_Ferrari.jpg
    imagehosting

2014_07_27_12_21_48.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭lway

Go to sit in this one. Owned by the guy who owns the Hotel.

2014_08_01_21_15_29.jpg
    upload images free

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

No picture as I was driving myself but I spotted either an Alfa 4C or 8C this evening heading for Clontarf on Italian plates. Only got a passing glimpse. Red, obviously!

No picture as I was driving myself but I spotted either an Alfa 4C or 8C this evening heading for Clontarf on Italian plates. Only got a passing glimpse. Red, obviously!

Red Alfa on Italian plates in Ireland must be 4C :)

14920429035_cf84cae8d9_b.jpg
    Big Cat by kurzew, on Flickr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

220 J belongs to a Vauxhall Astra.

How illegal of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

In Dublin's fair city
    318506.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement