Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today - Part II (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

Cannonballer 2014... This Huracan will take part of Cannonball this year :) Saw two of them already but not sure if i like them. There is something missing on the back of this car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭sblythe

That looks like a facelift Murcielago if anything. Honestly, what has happened to Lamborghini? All of their models are way too similar in looks. A bit of originality every once in a while goes a long way, Lambo....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

sblythe wrote: »
    That looks like a facelift Murcielago if anything. Honestly, what has happened to Lamborghini? All of their models are way too similar in looks. A bit of originality every once in a while goes a long way, Lambo....
    They're owned by Audi aren't they? All you have to do is look at practically the entire Audi range and you see where the problem comes from with everything either being a larger or smaller version of the next ;)

Top Dog wrote: »
    They're owned by Audi aren't they? All you have to do is look at practically the entire Audi range and you see where the problem comes from with everything either being a larger or smaller version of the next ;)

Haha, I've just remembered that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

Ya very true they are all just slight variations on each other

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Red Ferrari 430 Spider just passed me on Grange Road in Rathfarnham, sounded absolutely immense.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Joe 90

Funny, there was and advert for Audi on TB last night and I remarked to the wife that the only Audi that I would actually fancy was the sports car that you can't buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Joe 90

Edit to add:
    The Audi sports car looked like a Radical RXC:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

dharn wrote: »
    Ya very true they are all just slight variations on each other

God, I hate when I hear self-appointed car-design gurus blathering on about cars looking the same or how "unoriginal" a new car looks.

It's called "Design Language" , a thing most if not all car manufacturers have, whereby, you know all products in a range follow the same design scheme, to possibly create a brand image and make them immediately identifiable as a certain brand :rolleyes:

All models looking "the same" or looking like a "smaller or larger version of the next" can be said about nearly all maufacturers...

The current BMW 3 Series v BMW 5 series

The new Merc C / E / S Class

Audi A4 / A6 / A8

Lamborghini pretty much have the most extreme styling yet you still get Know-it-all's criticising "originality" :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure Lamborghini's Head of Design knows what he's doing, he didn't get appointed that position by fluke!

Sorry for the rant, its just something that always annoys me to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

Well boo hoo, sorry to upset you, but sometimes upscaling or downsizing a design does not work audi have the a4 which looks ok but just made the a 2 3 etc a shrunken version of it and they look ungainly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Spike Witwicky

ION08 wrote: »
    God, I hate when I hear self-appointed car-design gurus blathering on about cars looking the same or how "unoriginal" a new car looks...

.....Lamborghini pretty much have the most extreme styling yet you still get Know-it-all's criticising "originality" :rolleyes: .....

.....I'm pretty sure Lamborghini's Head of Design knows what he's doing, he didn't get appointed that position by fluke!

Ah Jaysus man, that's a bit harsh. Just ordinary people with ordinary opinions. No need for the insults. You dont need a degree to have an opinion. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Of course manufacturers need to have fluid and linked design language but I think Audi, along with the others you've mentioned have made it a bit too constant across the range.

Ford, Opel, Citroen all follow a design theme but all their cars manage to be distinguishable for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Ah Jaysus man, that's a bit harsh. Just ordinary people with ordinary opinions. No need for the insults. You dont need a degree to have an opinion. :)

Ahh no, I'm not intending to insult anyone but I do have a genuine interest when it comes Automotive Design (wanted to study it in college but that's another story) and it grates on me sometimes when I hear self professed design critics that think they know better.

It kind of reminds me of Homer Simpson...

NO NO NO - its all wrong - it needs, air horns, a bubble roof, fin-tails and giant cupholders!!!

the-homer-inline2.jpg

homer_15.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Spike Witwicky

ION08 wrote: »
    homer_15.jpg

:pac:
    I know what your sayin dude and i actually agree with you. But opinions are like rectums or sumthin or so the saying goes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Cannonballer 2014... This Huracan will take part of Cannonball this year :) Saw two of them already but not sure if i like them. There is something missing on the back of this car.

Is that starting off in Mondello again this year?

Is that starting off in Mondello again this year?

I think it's The O2 this year.

Unfortunately I did not have my camera with me this morning so the photos were taken on my phone's camera which isn't great. This had just pulled up outside where I work this morning. 1934 Ford Model B hotrod. It sounded fantastic. I had a brief chat with the driver; he has just brought it over from the UK, and apparently it had just traveled 250 miles over the weekend without any trouble.
    14803053109_346255cd49_c.jpg
    14803134698_492ab4fa80_c.jpg
    14989388472_7fc16b5486_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Very nice. Could be a bit more aggressive looking but still very nice.

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Very nice. Could be a bit more aggressive looking but still very nice.

I do agree. I see no noticeable difference other than a substantial drop. Nevertheless, a seriously cool car.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I do agree. I see no noticeable difference other than a substantial drop. Nevertheless, a seriously cool car.

Dropped and chopped. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭sk8board

Saw a standard blue and white i8 on Irish plates on the m1 at swords this evening.
    It's amazing how much it looks like a concept car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

I see from chatter on another forum a special motor vehicle may make an appearance at the October c&c. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Greg81

porsche959 wrote: »
    I see from chatter on another forum a special motor vehicle may make an appearance at the October c&c. :)

More info please. Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,412 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Apologies for the awful quality of the pics.. I only had my phone with me. Spotted these beauties in Monterey, California today

Aston Martin DB4 (not sure what year)

tmp_26474-_20140821_2232071040282752_zps72606ed4.jpg

1961 Ferrari 250 GT Spider

tmp_26474-IMG_20140821_2231421468867324_zps27b79fcc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

porsche959 wrote: »

......just tell us........!!

Maserati Ghibli in Rathfarnham, 142-D, grey. First one I've seen, not sure if I like it or not. Same spec as this one:

311nj0g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Rathfarnham? Looks suspiciously Californian to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Dow99

bear1 wrote: »

Good spot,,, driving on the wrong side of the road too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

bear1 wrote: »
    Dow99 wrote: »
    Good spot,,, driving on the wrong side of the road too

That and the fact the OP clearly stated that the one he saw is the same spec as the picture which obviously means the pic he used is for reference purposes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Hogzy wrote: »
    That and the fact the OP clearly stated that the one he saw is the same spec as the picture which obviously means the pic he used is for reference purposes

Hush you!

Bollocks.
    Sorry OP

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement