Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today - Part II (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭vandriver

Tesla S
    15577990526_9bc7e92b79_c.jpgTesla Model S by vandriver, on Flickr

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

smash wrote: »
    Lets face it, there's rarely anything 'outstanding' posted here any more.

Spotted this today......

IMG_20141023_134548_zpssuk9gvzs.jpg

IMG_20141023_134526_zpswps5hzcr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

Road tests taking place around belmullet, and bangor erris.

had a close up look at these today. they had security with them and the brown jeep is their support. nice job to have !

enjoy

notice the DVR in the dash of one of them. thats vehicle CCTV. hidden cams onboard and telemetry. off site recording and trackers.
    also all 3 were debadged, as if that made a difference....must be weight !

IMG_1799_zpsb67ab75a.jpg

IMG_1794_zps26557a41.jpg

IMG_1793_zps68be12ef.jpg

IMG_1798_zpsd5f3b9d9.jpg

IMG_1797_zpsf533dec3.jpg

IMG_1796_zpsbfa6d223.jpg

IMG_1795_zps5302329a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

Great find that, there are probably spy sites or mags that would pay for those

mcclaren and ferrrari were there during the summer.
    they all seem to relish the belmullet road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

eirlink wrote: »
    mcclaren and ferrrari were there during the summer.
    they all seem to relish the belmullet road.

The reasons why are not ones to be proud of lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

Na its just a lame excuse to come to ireland im sure you can find potholed roads anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

dharn wrote: »
    Na its just a lame excuse to come to ireland im sure you can find potholed roads anywhere

Its actually because its in the middle of no where and few people would blink an eye on a passing group of cars. Same in the remote parts of Norway for the ice / cold weather testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Many OEMs base their bottoming out road profiles on Irish roads. One I worked at previously did. It was their world standard of shitness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

enda1 wrote: »
    Many OEMs base their bottoming out road profiles on Irish roads. One I worked at previously did. It was their world standard of shitness!

Well thats depressing.

• Advertisement

Well thats depressing.

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Yea, Porsche have been testing in Ireland for years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Something tells me our roads are better than the ones in Nepal.

CianRyan wrote: »

But ours are reliably shit, in a first world country with breakdown assistance, accessible, business friendly etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

CianRyan wrote: »

First hand experience of driving in Laos & Cambodia, and I will tell you, our sh1t roads don't even come close to their sh1t roads, the main highways of Cambodia are unsealed stone (not even gravel) roads. You could lose an entire car let alone a wheel in the potholes of Laos, perhaps Porsche could head over there instead of the wild west :P

My neighbour just bought a second super-car.

5FZSQZ.jpg

(Sorry about the **** photo)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

(Sorry about the **** photo)

I'm not accepting that apology... Go sort yourself out man!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

I know where that is. Its a hotel and apartment car park. Nearly got towed when i parked beside the red ferrari by mistake.

madalig12 wrote: »
    I know where that is. Its a hotel and apartment car park. Nearly got towed when i parked beside the red ferrari by mistake.

No hotel. Just apartments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

No hotel. Just apartments.

I have a pic, but it must be a different one.

• Advertisement

Cheensbo wrote: »
    First hand experience of driving in Laos & Cambodia, and I will tell you, our sh1t roads don't even come close to their sh1t roads, the main highways of Cambodia are unsealed stone (not even gravel) roads. You could lose an entire car let alone a wheel in the potholes of Laos, perhaps Porsche could head over there instead of the wild west :P

first time i read your post i read it as LaoIs & Cambodia. prob close enough in parts of laois. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I live in Mayo and the roads are not potholed. But they are (how can I put this very bouncy) like their are dips, humps and twists and turns. I enjoy driving on roads like that, great fun. Not great for the shocks and springs though. Or bushings etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

first time i read your post i read it as LaoIs & Cambodia. prob close enough in parts of laois. :eek:

Ditto!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Haha, fair point though, probably similar enough

A lot less inbreeding in Laos though

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I live in Mayo and the roads are not potholed. But they are (how can I put this very bouncy) like their are dips, humps and twists and turns. I enjoy driving on roads like that, great fun. Not great for the shocks and springs though. Or bushings etc...

Sounds like the Dublin/Wicklow boarder on the military road, it goes from lovely(high speeds are fine) to bumpy, wavy and straight up mental for the speed you could do 10 meters ago.

I tell ya, you'll hit the middle one hard and you'll only make that mistake once. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

'Undulations' I think they're called:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

15440115020_cc79789095_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

^^^^
    Secret surveillance of the opposition ;)

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Greg81

Dublin and surroundings. Last few weeks.

IMG_4762_zpsaad14ade.jpg IMG_4691_zpsf3413160.jpg IMG_4790_zps6d4922dd.jpg IMG_4665_zps088647da.jpg IMG_4681_zpse929e0ff.jpg IMG_4664_zps03f9ead8.jpg DSC_0142_zps02afbe58.jpg IMG_4419_zps159cfe6e.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Terrible picture I know but it appeared to be some sort of Jag XJ test mule around Cork city. Front and back were well covered.

DSC_0136_zpsquvrurbe.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement