Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today - Part II (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,554 ✭✭✭✭vectra

DSC_1954.jpg

DSC_1955.jpg

DSC_1963.jpg

DSC_1966.jpg

DSC_1976.jpg

DSC_1980.jpg

DSC_1986.jpg

DSC_1983.jpg

DSC_1981.jpg

DSC_1988.jpg

DSC_1990.jpg

DSC_1992.jpg

DSC_1995.jpg

DSC_1997.jpg

DSC_1999.jpg

DSC_2003.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

That new Mondeo is actually very pretty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Diablo GTR, what a machine.

tumblr_lga79iMOyk1qg4ayxo1_400.gif

Its a sure sign of the state of the motoring world in Ireland, when a Mondeo is getting a better reception than one of the best super cars ever produced.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Roland.B.

CianRyan wrote: »
    No recession in Tallaght!
    jl2adw.jpg

j79egl.jpg

On Swiss plates, anyone know exactly what it is?
    Looks like a Diablo, has GTR badge but the wing is wrong and the wing mirrors are pretty crazy.

I'm pretty sure this car was at cannonball this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I also want to point out that the front of that €700,000 Diablo came from a Nissan parts bin.
    300ZX anyone? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

The new Mondeo looks nice from the outside, the interior though is a bit meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

bear1 wrote: »

Agreed. Was in one today. The interior does it no favours. The one I was in was a top or the range one and had a motorbike wheel as a spare,and no room for a full spare....for around € 38/9 k:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

15232733353_95e3b98ed7_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

^^Sloppy enough parking by the Ferarri driver.
    Agreed. Was in one today. The interior does it no favours. The one I was in was a top or the range one and had a motorbike wheel as a spare,and no room for a full spare....for around € 38/9 k:confused:

Not sure if its the motor bike rim as a spare of the price your confused about but if its the price I would think that would be pretty much on the money for a top spec Mondeo. I would have thought they may have being even more than that maybe.

I do like the look of them. The interior while hardly breakthrough looks functional, does what it says on the tin...all that most would expect from a Mondeo. Rear of it hardly looks absolutely dramatically different to the model it replaces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭rubin_spitfire

You serious? Even though its a 131 reg? Thats mad if thats the case. Mind you it looks ok from the photos as I can see apart from needing a wash maybe....

Cracked light lens, massive paint chip gone from one door on other side, dent too. PRetty poor considering the age and type of car.

Not sure if its the motor bike rim as a spare of the price your confused about but if its the price I would think that would be pretty much on the money for a top spec Mondeo. I would have thought they may have being even more than that maybe.

I do like the look of them. The interior while hardly breakthrough looks functional, does what it says on the tin...all that most would expect from a Mondeo. Rear of it hardly looks absolutely dramatically different to the model it replaces.
    Wasn't the price,but if I'm gona spend nearly 40 k I would expect at least a full sized spare,not necessarily alloy but full size. There isn't even room for one.

Cracked light lens, massive paint chip gone from one door on other side, dent too. PRetty poor considering the age and type of car.

I'm going to hazard a guess that the car was vandalised by some little git with a chip on his shoulder, who was walking along the street and spotted the expensive car. Most likely didn't know the owner from Adam, moreso just being a rebel against those who are successful in society sort of attitude. Still amazing the owner does not put it right if its being like that for a while...

Wasn't the price,but if I'm gona spend nearly 40 k I would expect at least a full sized spare,not necessarily alloy but full size. There isn't even room for one.

But is that not the case with with many mainstream cars nowadays...even more expensive ones than that? Of course it is due in no small part to cost savings but the manufacturer will tell you it for space and weight savings. Its just I think Ford are hardly the only ones at it. I hate those bloody wheelbarrow tyres too, a disaster they are.

But is that not the case with with many mainstream cars nowadays...even more expensive ones than that? Of course it is due in no small part to cost savings but the manufacturer will tell you it for space and weight savings. Its just I think Ford are hardly the only ones at it. I hate those bloody wheelbarrow tyres too, a disaster they are.

Don't know about other marques but it's a deal breaker for me. They could save money by removing that fookin self parking yoke that's on most cars now(it's on a Skoda I bought and have Never used it in 12 months) I have however used the spare which is full sized. It's not the fact that's its a motorbike wheel,it's the fact that there is no room in the wheel well for anything bigger..

Don't know about other marques but it's a deal breaker for me. They could save money by removing that fookin self parking yoke that's on most cars now(it's on a Skoda I bought and have Never used it in 12 months) I have however used the spare which is full sized. It's not the fact that's its a motorbike wheel,it's the fact that there is no room in the wheel well for anything bigger..

Suppose thats the way they're made though and the general trend in the industry. If you were to take that standpoint your choice in buying a new car may be very limited eventually. Park assist is most likely something I'd be unlikey to use or very seldom to justify it if I did but suppose some do like the benefits of it too, particularly the wimmens (and some men) who explain their difficulty with parking with "its very big at the back":D

Yep you are right, the choice is dwindling alright but to date I refuse to spend a lot of money with no option for a full spare.:mad:
    Anyway we've dragged this thread off topic enough,the bussies will be onto us:eek:,anybody see anything interesting today.?
    Just to go back for a second the driver of that Ferrari could have done with park assist.:P:P.€100k+ and can't park.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

bear1 wrote: »

Alloys look small 16" maybe and is the mondeo badge on the back curved,looks weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Roland.B. wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure this car was at cannonball this year

Yup, was talking to the driver of it at the cannonball myself. Two of them took turns to drive it on the whole run as he says it,d break your balls to drive it for more than 2 hours a day on Irish roads!! Only six of them made for some Sultan in the middle east by all accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

If I had a Ferrari I think I'd go out of my way to park sloppily. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

The Gran Coupe as BN said is still a 4er because it's a coupe regardless of doors.

Still stupid :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

cadaliac wrote: »
    Saw a Maybach on the South Link, Ballincollig bypass yesterday evening. It passed me and I just went "Wow".
    Its Huge. The physical presence is just, well, huge. :)

Two big circular objects (flagpole holders??) on the boot lid.
    No pics, sorry, in the dark and driving wifeys 206, which added to the size differential.

https://www.cartell.ie/ssl/servlet/beginStarLookup?registration=04ts777

That is car of well-known horse breeder I'd say. Almost certainly, given Tipp reg.

Which model exactly was that?

vectra wrote: »
    Which model exactly was that?

Titanium,half cow,heated seats front+ back, huge gunner,18 wheels:eek:electric boot lid,led's 6speed box(manual) auto about €3k more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Those new Mondeos have been around for a while in North America (Ford Fusion). I drove one last year (rental) and it was nothing special.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

20141022_173923_zps8cc8afbc.jpg

20141022_173936_zpsdd36e305.jpg

My neighbors motors, apologies for the terrible pic quality. I was off to work. This guy has a AMG G wagon and a Ferrari also.

My house mate just got a new F150, I'll grab a pic tonight beside my OH's Chevy spark for comparison.

Jude13 wrote: »
    20141022_173923_zps8cc8afbc.jpg

20141022_173936_zpsdd36e305.jpg

My neighbors motors, apologies for the terrible pic quality. I was off to work. This guy has a AMG G wagon and a Ferrari also.

My house mate just got a new F150, I'll grab a pic tonight beside my OH's Chevy spark for comparison.

Jesus Jude you must live in a right kip of a nerghbourhood..!:D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

I defo bring the standards down. My Christmas lights have gotten a few looks too.

There is a basement under the Blocks, the cars in there make me feel very poor. I will take a few snaps when I am home from work and go for a jog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

Sure why not?!

685E03E9-788B-416F-914A-5A2E79A8B60B_zpsiovbhtek.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭B00056718

On the way to Monaghan today.
    I don't know anything about Ferrari they just all red and fancy but it sounded like F1 when overtook.
    Impressive machine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement