Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today - Part II (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

Was that white California on english plates ? Didn't knoww he still in Dublin. I thought he back home last week. I also saw other Tesla in Dublin 142-D....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭vandriver

Was that white California on english plates ? Didn't knoww he still in Dublin. I thought he back home last week. I also saw other Tesla in Dublin 142-D....

Yes,UK plated. V8 XPE

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭cullow123

Seen a black M6 on St Stephens Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

20141212_202007_zpsj7jwzbkp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Pure awesome, sounded savage, proper old school race car sound...hardly surprising given it's basically a road legal race car.
    16006890011_2432c9735f_b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Bray today, softtop being eaten by green mould it looked like:

G9mLiA1.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Pure awesome, sounded savage, proper old school race car sound...hardly surprising given it's basically a road legal race car.

I think I recognise the fella in the red top standing behind the car, intials S.D.?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Not my pic robbed off a guy on facebook page. Spotted in Galway. R8

331709.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Joe 90

Thargor wrote: »
    Bray today, softtop being eaten by green mould it looked like:

G9mLiA1.jpg?1
    Just like the one I had before the Exige. Funny thing is the Exige is the same paint code but looks slightly different. I only discovered after I'd had it for a while that it is in fact the same paint but with a coat of clear lacqour over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Joe 90 wrote: »
    Just like the one I had before the Exige. Funny thing is the Exige is the same paint code but looks slightly different. I only discovered after I'd had it for a while that it is in fact the same paint but with a coat of clear lacqour over it.

Is it true that if you jack them up incorrectly you can write them off? Recall reading that quite a few of them in the UK have being wrote off over the years by garages jacking them up incorrectly...If so going for the NCT must be a bit of an ordeal!

Tis many a time I lusted after having one but never hardly see any for sale here much. That and the fact I'd probably end up hopping it off something:(
    Would imagine insurance on them is no walk in the park either. Hit and miss depending on the provider you go to I'd think...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Joe 90

Is it true that if you jack them up incorrectly you can write them off? Recall reading that quite a few of them in the UK have being wrote off over the years by garages jacking them up incorrectly...If so going for the NCT must be a bit of an ordeal!

Tis many a time I lusted after having one but never hardly see any for sale here much. That and the fact I'd probably end up hopping it off something:(
    Would imagine insurance on them is no walk in the park either. Hit and miss depending on the provider you go to I'd think...
    You could certainly do a lot of damage but the jacking points are marked shown in the owners handbook and marked with a big blue label on the chassis.
    Insurance is definitly a shop around situation. When I bought the Elise the ink wasn't dry on the English licence and I paid £1600.

I say the ink wasn't dry on the English licenec because as I hadn't changed over the Irish licence when I got here I did a test here and started from scratch rather then fiddle it and possibly have some awkward questions to answer at some point in the future.

Next year it dropped to £1400 but then I bough the Exige so back up to £1600. After that I shopped around hard every year and this year its was a couple of quid over £300.

Dunno how you would manage on and NCT over there, here ther are enough around so that someone will know and MOT place where they know what they are doing. It must be possible, there are some in Ireland.

They are in fact cheap motoring for the performance, assuming that you have the patience to find a decent insurance deal and stay away from main dealers. The alternator on mine packed in a few weeks ago. Given that I would have had to drive 30 miles one way or 10 misles in the opposite direction to get to people who knew what they were doing I decided to change it myself on the driveway outside. A refurbed alternator, a Rover part, cost me £125 delivered. A lot of the parts are like that, from a mass produced car and pretty cheap.

Last set of tyres I bought was under £400, how much under I can't remember. Toyo Proxie T1Rs as I like to have useable wet performance. If I wanted out and out dry day track performance it would have been Neo Advan ADO48s at about £700 but with rubbish wet wethr performance on the road.

Fuel, about 35mpg on a longish run driving as fast as you can go without getting nicked.

In Ireland road tax whatever it is for 1800ccs.

Probably no depreciation on an S1 Elise and the S1 Exige is definitely appreciating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

rizzodun wrote: »
    I think I recognise the fella in the red top standing behind the car, intials S.D.?

Couldn't tell ya to be honest.

Thanks Joe90...You were very insightful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Spot the boardsie...?
    16026790491_6c02b35863_h.jpg

15842984037_e6e5d37616_h.jpg

He lied through his face....!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

RCZ?

RCZ?

I'm fooling no one this time...!

Thought it was cool to see another one though

dgt wrote: »
    I'm fooling no one this time...!

Thought it was cool to see another one though

Facelift too, so very sexy.

Needs moar black alloys though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Any more pics of that Carina?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Any more pics of that Carina?

Thought you'd have wanted more pics of the Civic! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,297 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Was behind that R8 in traffic saturday in my yellow boxy transit (yarr), not very loud atall super low profile for a supercar tbh.

Was taking phone out to take a snap but decided not to as i was driving and he was turning right to go to dunnes terryland :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭cullow123

Seen a Ferrari 599 and a Audi S7 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

stimpson wrote: »
    Fun day today. I went to pick up my car after having a few bits done to it and this was in the garage having the last few bits of its kit

F6EBDB1A-0FF4-4F0A-B2F9-6E12075E3498_zpsamuoioux.jpg

Seen it today at D2:
    kahn01.jpg

kahn02.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I wonder how much that would have cost.
    She's a 3.0TDV6.

Thats a different car?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The reg number is different anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭Crumbs868

Disco and Range Rover very different!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The reg number is different anyway

Just did a check on it and it has a very different engine as well ;)
    4.4 V8

Looks a bit on the scanger side to me to be honest. Scanger with buckets of money. Either way wouldn't interest me too much...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Looks a bit on the scanger side to me to be honest. Scanger with buckets of money. Either way wouldn't interest me too much...

Agreed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

Id take that 02 porsche by the other lad tbh over that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement