Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today - Part II (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

Everytime when someone post something not as rare as one-off Lamborghini, not as expensive as Rolls-Royce Phantom, not as nice as my CLK :P the others have some problem with that. I'm in supercars and this is what i'm posting here with some exception like muscle car, rarer classic cars. I'm definitelly not a japanese cars fan and i don't know if that red Suzuki which start this topic is something special or not but i believe davycc who post it know that it's something unusual in Ireland and that's why he took a photo of it and post it here. I would start moaning when someone post red 08 Mondeo which are parked on every corner in this country but i would click "Thanks" if someone post Mondeo ST220.

How i understand this thread is: Here is something i saw today/last week/on my last holidays and it's worth* to post.

* mean rarer, nicer (or even as bad looking as frog), more expensive than common cars you see everyday.

Here is something rare, expensive and very, very bad looking car i saw few moths ago. Just for relaxation atmosphere (did i say that right?)
    15868304768_c501f7d46a_b.jpg
    Bentley Continental GT by TC Concepts

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

FFS Marcin, all that waffling on and all we get is a Bentley? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

FFS Marcin, all that waffling on and all we get is a Bentley? :rolleyes:

I think the common as muck bentley is actually blocking the car he was trying to photograph.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭noelf

RichyX wrote: »
    An unexpected spot in Kyoto.
    332370.jpg

This is my brother in laws never used :( REAR SPOILER OF CARRERA S TO THE LEFT OF PHOTO ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

noelf wrote: »
    This is my brother in laws never used :(

The Kyoto one is definitely seeing use. Think there was a baby seat in the back :)
    They're also mad for classic Minis and modern Alfas there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

Seen today in cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Seen but no pic as I was driving, Bentley Mulsanne near Kenstown in Meath.

https://www.cartell.ie/ssl/servlet/beginStarLookup?registration=12mh3274

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

ofcork wrote: »
    Seen today in cork.

You would expect a dealer to use a better plate and attach it properly after handing over a wedge of that size :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Rippy wrote: »
    You would expect a dealer to use a better plate and attach it properly after handing over a wedge of that size :eek:
    Dull irish day does nothing for that colour. Really not looking the money at all there!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

Jesus Christ....

This forum.

What'd you want me to do about it? Its my birthday!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

Jesus. wrote: »
    What'd you want me to do about it? Its my birthday!

How long have you been planning that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Since last Easter......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Rippy wrote: »

Maybe it was his Butler? He could have imported it himself!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭d-don

A be beetle I seen yesterday in brazil .. The cars here are unreal ... Loads of American old school cars

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

"Jeez Santa we are going to be late..."
    "I don't care! I am driving the bimmer this year!"

GGG.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

bmstuff wrote: »
    "Jeez Santa we are going to be late..."
    "I don't care! I am driving the bimmer this year!"

GGG.jpg

"Stick to the sleigh Santa" it has more street cred than a BMW:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

Bah Humbug to you too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Walked past a BMW i8 today. First time seeing one. I initially thought it was a Ferrari (there are loads of Ferraris where I live) but actually it's prettier. It's aggressive yet sleek. Absolutely stunning car.

I live in China btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Walked past a BMW i8 today. First time seeing one. I initially thought it was a Ferrari (there are loads of Ferraris where I live) but actually it's prettier. It's aggressive yet sleek. Absolutely stunning car.

I live in China btw.

Probably a knock off :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

I live in China btw.

What's the speed limit in China? Strict?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

I live in China btw.

Crazy Germans, they choose to test their new $350,000 sport car in the country where everything is cloned. Well done. We will soon see ten times cheaper copies on the streets of Beijing and Shanghai...

http://www.carnewschina.com/2014/03/28/spy-shots-bmw-i8-bmw-m4-testing-in-china/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

What's the speed limit in China? Strict?

Depends how rich you are. I saw more Lambos. GT-Rs and RS's in the few weeks I was there than ever before. The Panamera is an everyday car there and the Porsche dealership I was in had 20 sales desks, all full and all doing sales.

Traffic laws are fairly non-existent. Anything goes really. But I only saw one crash. Mainly because traffic is moving so slow :pac: If you have one of those cars in China you are either a Party member or extremely wealthy, the import tax on high value goods is astronomical. That said, the prices in the dealerships were competitive to Europe (However the buying power of the average person is not anywhere near European standards)

I wouldn't however fancy taking anything exotic out of the major cities, the roads quickly become boreens unless you are on the highways, and even then, anything goes in terms of quality.

And yes, everything is cloned there. But its a clone, not a replica. So its usually pure rubbish. The X5 being the classic example:

http://www.carscoops.com/2008/05/tlc-transforming-chinese-sceo-into-bmw.html

But I doubt BMW or the major brands will care as its a massive market for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

ironclaw wrote: »
    Depends how rich you are. I saw more Lambos. GT-Rs and RS's in the few weeks I was there than ever before. The Panamera is an everyday car there.

What city you're there? Is there still law banning foreigners from driving on their own?

zom wrote: »
    What city you're there? Is there still law banning foreigners from driving on their own?

I was mainly in Beijing. They do not accept foreigner licenses at all. In fact, we looked at rallying into China and the paperwork to get a car in is frankly not worth it. The closest you can get is the Mongolian border (If anyone is looking at that thinking 'hmmm' then take a look here: http://www.theadventurists.com/mongol-rally/)

I believe you can get a temporary Chinese license or apply and sit for a full one. I have no idea why anyone would want to however. Its one of those countries that no matter how good you are, its better to let the locals do the driving and talking. There are severe restrictions on movement and places you can go, its best not to just go wandering and certainly unadvisable to get into trouble / crashes etc with police involvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭easygoing39

ironclaw wrote: »
    Depends how rich you are. I saw more Lambos. GT-Rs and RS's in the few weeks I was there than ever before.

By RS's,do you mean real RS's or audi models???

Mainly Audi RS6, RS5, RS4 and RS3. Aston Martin is also very popular out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

Here is what i saw today:
    Tid4tvp.jpg
    5Qg8oc6.jpg
    1Y4JKCo.jpg
    Q0O1nFX.jpg
    OYQq42n.jpg
    yBUCImQ.jpg
    wavoJTt.jpg
    4mCa0hj.jpg
    Aket9LG.jpg
    tQK7n5J.jpg
    xBiq4lk.jpg
    RiWhIZw.jpg
    3TXkWLi.jpg
    7uyrJbG.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

A few from the last two days near Dover. Not the best shots and posting from the phone hoping that works.

332971.jpg
    332972.jpg
    332973.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

OuwFMUT.jpg?1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement