Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today - Part II (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Gotta appreciate the time, effort & money that goes into the dub scene stuff, could never get into it myself but it sure is nice to look at!

That little VW UP! is fookin class looking.

Great pics, thanks Marcinek for posting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

Jesus. wrote: »
    To each his own but I'll never get the car lowering thing

slammed and cambered silly more like.

I wouldnt drive any of em.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

I also saw a new Audi S8 on the Dublin Quays yesterday
    Registration 151D8106
    Make AUDI
    Model S8

Audi sequential indicators (first seen on '65 T-bird - and my '70 Shelby Mustang!)

Next 'trend' here ??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

That lowered VW up is the most ridiculous thing I've seen in a while, embarrassing. I really don't understand peoples fascination with lowered diesel golfs and a4s with stupid looking wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

MadYaker wrote: »
    That lowered VW up is the most ridiculous thing I've seen in a while, embarrassing. I really don't understand peoples fascination with lowered diesel golfs and a4s with stupid looking wheels.

I would agree that looks silly and generally lowered cars are odd until you see the lowered Porsche in the pics above. It looks stunning. Best pic of the lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I don't understand people's fascination with Fwd Hondas but here we are.

If it makes them happy..

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Daaryl

Most people who have lowered golfs or a4's can't probably afford to run a petrol car, Or they have something nicer at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Seems like here's a lot of unnecessary hate towards lowered cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

I don't think it's the lowering that's the issue, it's the "stanced" look that seems to divide opinion, I think it looks terrible personally,

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ShaunieVW

Some people dont get why others remap there cars or chase big power on a road car. Horses for courses lads. I like both sides and have had slammed cars in the past, I did all the work myself and was proud of it. Never cared for the negative comments I received. That up! looks class. Its the owners vision so fair fu*ks!

Raging I missed Dubshed this year and last year, was there since the first one in 2008. To think how small it started out to where it is now just 7 years later is insane. I know a lot of the guys who own the cars in those pics, the work that goes in is mental. Whether its installing a hybrid turbo or installing bags its all work on our own cars to improve them in our own image. I never got the "divide" and the hatred/bitchiness that goes along with it. Just respect the work gone in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

Saw a 141 reg Bentley conti gtc in ballincollig cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

They look good on the A8s, saw one in Limerick recently. And better at drawing your attention too IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

OSI wrote: »
    They're standard on the new Mustang as well. Thought they looked great when I last saw them. Not sure they'll work as well here though:

The facelifted Audi R8 has them on the back but not on the front

Good to see that they started putting them on the front of the facelift A8 as well. I did notice that when the indicator is going that the DRL on that side is off so the indicator is visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

ofcork wrote: »
    Saw a 141 reg Bentley conti gtc in ballincollig cork.
    Prsume this one often parked in car park at work must own one the businesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

BigEejit wrote: »
    I did notice that when the indicator is going that the DRL on that side is off so the indicator is visible.

Corvette too, first 20 sec of this vid..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

There is so much wrong with this…the state of the bonnet scoop.

Po45EbR.jpg

bwahahahahahahaha oh man. A responsible adult should have stepped in here.
    Are they vortex generators on the front wing? Glow in the dark stickers? Moar chrome?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

BigEejit wrote: »
    I did notice that when the indicator is going that the DRL on that side is off so the indicator is visible

All Audis with the led DRL's have this function you can activate/deactivate it with VCDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Are they vortex generators on the front wing? Glow in the dark stickers? Moar chrome?

I was wondering what on earth the bits on the wing could be!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

A couple from over the weekend, the M5 is very reserved looking, you would barely take any notice of it.

The GTR looked lower than usual with wide & fat rubber but maybe just the black on black look gave it that impression.

No love really for the SLS in white with the black bonnet, much nice in silver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

Stuck behind this in traffic. Surprisingly, I didnt mind :p

Lexus IS300h - Very nice colour in a rare car (well, rare in thurles anyways. Never seen one before!)

Worth a mere €45k for a brand new one of these :)

rk28es.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

The question on everyone's mind, mhackett, is of course, did the A4 boooooooo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 chrissy_W

Quite expensive cars those Lexus'. My parents test drove a silver IS300h in September and were most displeased with it, generally very cramped inside and everything was white. The hybrid E Class is much nicer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Either way the Caddy's getting the road first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭goochy

That white bentleys a gt not a gtc . Like that lexus but rear lights on them dont look good from side also heavy on fuel and not supposed to be gud to drive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

Prob a daysul also, nice way to wreck a Beemer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Hachiko wrote: »
    Prob a daysul also, nice way to wreck a Beemer.

At least it's still a 6 cylinder anyway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

It does indeed boooo lad.

The owner is an absolute twat too!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

WP_20150331_006.jpg

WP_20150331_007.jpg

WP_20150331_003.jpg

WP_20150331_005.jpg

this must be a rare late example being a 20vt 2001 and original dublin car from new by the looks of it:D

• Advertisement

Nice to see one still mobile and in use by the look of it. Any other ones I've seen lately are growing algae and looking a bit sad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement