Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today - Part II (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭sblythe

Saw a white GT86 Trd on griffith avenue today, 131 WW, female behind the wheel

Simonigs' car I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

It's Worthersee time down my neck of the woods. Few spots from around the place today, guaranteed to piss off the purists without a care in the world

17279998116_055fc0d643_c.jpg

17305540521_845c626a4c_c.jpg

16685709903_f1ed956bf4_c.jpg

17119763569_7a5bc5fc0e_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Ferrari GTO

c6ce0d6c-9598-420e-958b-1313965fab8c_zps8fj83ucu.jpg

209b2944-1f15-40c4-ae45-3edcb9ef7dfd_zpsecwharej.jpg

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Nice Hertz Rental in Germany:

17034827797_23afbf0d25.jpg

Not my spot, but a good friend in Alberta, Canada saw this. Felt it worthy of a mention given how rare they are:

17307602602_b55213747c.jpg

17102004027_793ce8e84a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

I was lucky enough to see this few days ago. It's second I saw on public street but first driving. It's one of the best car I have ever seen:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

2lnx2zr.png
    I thought plates had to be blocked so I didn't bother blocking the reflection of it :v
    211jr7r.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

I see a Carrera gt has been registered to take part in the cannonball this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭cullow123

ofcork wrote: »
    I see a Carrera gt has been registered to take part in the cannonball this year.

There is also a Ford GT40 taking part.

And two more hypercars (not supercars) coming soon to registered list for Cannonball :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

sblythe wrote: »

Simonigs' car I think?

Sounds like girlfriend material. Ive spotted another lady driving a red one a few times around phibsboro heading towards the keys.

Koenigsegg is prob top of my list for cats I want to spot right next to pagani and with good company from a CGT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

Any chance a veyron will be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭goochy

Veyron costs a fortune to run compared to all other supercars even , i heard that it would be cheaper to have one flown from country to country than drive . All to do with servicing / parts costs. Would prefer one of the 3 hybrid supercars any day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

sblythe wrote: »

Simonigs' car I think?
    jozi wrote: »
    Sounds like girlfriend material. Ive spotted another lady driving a red one a few times around phibsboro heading towards the keys.

Koenigsegg is prob top of my list for cats I want to spot right next to pagani and with good company from a CGT

Hah, would have been mine alright

Hah, would have been mine alright

You've got 2?

I'd love one some day if they are as good as the reviews say thhy are (and a mates opinion).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

You've got 2?

I'd love one some day if they are as good as the reviews say thhy are (and a mates opinion).

Ah no, just the one, white trd

I was sure the one I seen was red.

And two more hypercars (not supercars) coming soon to registered list for Cannonball :)

Would one be a particular Red Ferrari delivered to the North recently enough??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

CianDon wrote: »

Do Ferrari even have a hypercar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Do Ferrari even have a hypercar?

There's no official definition of what a hypercar is, (there isn't a definition of what a supercar is either for that matter). But the LaFerrari would easily fall into that bracket, not just for it's outright 0-60 and top speed performance figures, but it's construction, exclusivity, speed cross country and price tag get it into any hypothetical hypercar club without any question IMO.

laferrari_100465391_l.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

cullow123 wrote: »
    There is also a Ford GT40 taking part.
    I'd be interested to know if it's legit or a replica. Very very rare if it's the real deal.
    ofcork wrote: »
    Any chance a veyron will be seen.
    Ignoring the engineering, they're very underwhelming in the metal.

• Advertisement

smash wrote: »
    I'd be interested to know if it's legit or a replica. Very very rare if it's the real deal.

There's a real one, if you go some pages back Marcin posted up pics of one that was at the cars nd coffee last month

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Red Kev wrote: »
    But the LaFerrari would easily fall into that bracket, not just for it's outright 0-60 and top speed performance figures, but it's construction, exclusivity, speed cross country and price tag get it into any hypothetical hypercar club without any question IMO.
    They should have named it LaNdrover.?
    :)

CianDon wrote: »

I have no idea what that will be. I can only guess it will be some kind of Pagani and probably Porsche 918 - the blue one from Belfast or some other one from Scotland. I don't think it will be Veyron as there in none of them in Ireland and there was noone at Cannonball who can afford Veyron. Running costs of them is just to high. For example $30,000 for tires which need to be changed every 4.000km or 2.500 miles + wheels change every 16.000km and I guess owner of this will need to change set of tires after Cannonball as they're not driving too slow (still slower than me haha). But I wish to see Veyron in Ireland even if I will see few of them in June on my "big" plan holidays.
    There's a real one, if you go some pages back Marcin posted up pics of one that was at the cars nd coffee last month

Here it is at Dublin Cars & Coffee:
    U2l3UCX.jpg
    XE8N4Ir.jpg

And here it is again on last week American Car Show:
    0hldgfd.jpg
    CatbPTG.jpg

And yes, it's a real one.

I remember that Veyron at the Phoenix Park races years ago. They were only brand new at the time and it was brought out for a spanking round the track and after about 5 laps........the brakes lit on fire :-/. Anywayyyy, anyone for more Worthersee??

16702429224_bb6638012d_c.jpg

17117448027_04914538aa_c.jpg

17137327710_c381538b69_c.jpg

17298922246_5e1f73bf67_c.jpg

17324486441_5ccb9aa39b_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Greg81

I don't think it will be Veyron as there in none of them in Ireland and there was noone at Cannonball who can afford Veyron.

Bold statement mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,217 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

That afla :( seriously wtf? Why would you ruin it like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

I don't think it will be Veyron as there in none of them in Ireland and there was noone at Cannonball who can afford Veyron.

One of the regular Cannonballers had a Veyron for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

There was previously two Veyrons in Ireland, and as mentioned above there's a canonball regular who owns/owned another one but as far as I'm aware it was never in Ireland. A Grand Sport if I remember correctly.

smash wrote: »
    There was previously two Veyrons in Ireland, and as mentioned above there's a canonball regular who owns/owned another one but as far as I'm aware it was never in Ireland. A Grand Sport if I remember correctly.

My bad. Never knew it... Nice to see that there are some rich people in Iraland but pity all their cars are abroad.

Remember when I saw photo of Enzo somewhere in city centre and other one in some garage around Dublin. I guess all those cars gone to UK :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

MadYaker wrote: »
    That afla :( seriously wtf? Why would you ruin it like that?

What are you talking about? It looks very nice. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement