Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today - Part II (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

nd wrote: »

A few nice ones there. The renault is a beaut. Like the red audi and the blue vento too :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

151D golf R in cork today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

Here is what I saw today (Sunday 24th):
    vtefA0l.jpg
    9Dkanzc.jpg
    9gRS2vC.jpg
    gm9Ckv4.jpg
    YhVyiqc.jpg
    tZv8Nkp.jpg
    oogeBwp.jpg
    FgQHDmI.jpg
    Gi8fE8X.jpg
    1snt9KV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

17433033634_e04dfc94b7_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

is that a real Merc SL gullwing in Limerick? They are worth about a million quid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭kyote00

j0gxuOK.jpg

Y75uPgb.jpg

mdKvhV6.jpg

loWTPoU.jpg

dQXVEqn.jpg

OeRUGEc.jpg

JgEVJLu.jpg

z9JtE8V.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Those poor old fords getting rekt out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Looks fun. Maybe I can turn my Vento into a banger like that. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

Finally, someone posts photos of stockcar racing! I really miss doing it.

Haven't been at that track in Meath in a while :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Were those cars in Limerick today Marcinek_55 ?
    That's Edo's Golf I think?
    I t amazes me how that man fits in that car. :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

One for TP.

Seeing lots and lots of good metal in Melbourne but rarely get the camera out in time.. More coming at some stage!
    D824A392-B497-4C24-BF47-7E0FE6F5A424.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

17877476119_f9fe2795d5_z.jpg

Today, outside Philadelphia. Fantastic sound.

vectra wrote: »
    Were those cars in Limerick today Marcinek_55 ?

Dublin, There was some small meet just beeside my work and it would be rude not to go. Smell of weed everywhere :D

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

Hachiko wrote: »
    is that a real Merc SL gullwing in Limerick? They are worth about a million quid.

Cartell says that plate (697UYH) is from a Merc Actros truck, but that's understandable. The DVLA probably don't have "300SL" in their list of Mercedes models. A friend of mine was there and talked to the owner who claimed it was a real one and worth €1.2m.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

TychoCaine wrote: »
    A friend of mine was there and talked to the owner who claimed it was a real one and worth €1.2m.

Definitely real and worth that kind of money alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭cullow123

Ferrari 599 outside of the westbury:

[IMG][/img]Ferrari_599_Side.jpg

[IMG][/img]Red_Ferrari_599.jpg

Volkswagen Golf R:

[IMG][/img]VW_Golf_R.jpg

[IMG][/img]VW_Golf_R.jpg

TychoCaine wrote: »
    Cartell says that plate (697UYH) is from a Merc Actros truck, but that's understandable. The DVLA probably don't have "300SL" in their list of Mercedes models. A friend of mine was there and talked to the owner who claimed it was a real one and worth €1.2m.

find it amazing such a rare car would be at a meet up in Limerick.....or anywhere for that matter.

I am not entirely convinced myself.

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Definitely real and worth that kind of money alright.

If its real the owner has some pair to showcase it like that. I cant imagine many of them left in the world in very good condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

find it amazing such a rare car would be at a meet up in Limerick.....or anywhere for that matter.

If you find that amazing you should see the owners entire collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭JamieIsGod

Saw this in Portmarnock earlier
    18089715382_fffec1b8e3_c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

If its real the owner has some pair to showcase it like that. I cant imagine many of them left in the world in very good condition.

The pagoda would be worth around 100k as well!

* goes back a few pages

Is that mean there is two Gullwings in Ireland. I spot one 3 years ago on Terenure. And one more few weeks ago driving in Monaco...
    zeMKLis.jpg
    A8Zl3sw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Convinced that it's a genuine 300SL? I can assure you that it definitely is the real thing.
    I'd imagine the majority of them would be in great condition. The values have shot up over the last few years and any neglected/rough ones would still be worth a serious amount of cash and worthy of an expensive full restoration.
    Is that mean there is two Gullwings in Ireland. I spot one 3 years ago on Terenure. And one more few weeks ago driving in Monaco...

I've seen two - one that lives near me in Dublin (Kilkenny reg) and the one you saw at Terenure. The one in Limerick makes 3 and I'd bet there are a few more hidden away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

PrettyBoy wrote: »

I've seen two - one that lives near me in Dublin (Kilkenny reg) and the one you saw at Terenure. The one in Limerick makes 3 and I'd bet there are a few more hidden away.

Yep, why do people just seem to assume that only a certain number of a particular car exists in Ireland just because its that bit exotic, rare or expensive. Then try and work out numbers on the basis of what they saw on the road themselvesrolleyes.png...Its a small country but not that small...absolutely pointless exercise...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Why so?

do you know how much the car is worth? A simple ding or mishap could be bad news for it, its not like the owner can call micks garage or traynors for a few bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,587 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

JamieIsGod wrote: »
    Saw this in Portmarnock earlier

Love it, not afraid of penal tax for pure comfort instead of rat tat tat, driver who has sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I think more owners of rare exotic cars need to go to more shows. What's the point of looking at them in a garage.

I'm convinced there is a whole lot of rare expensive exotic cars in Ireland, I'm not surprised at all there could be more than 2 or 3 gullwings. There's probably a lot more that doesn't see daylight hidden away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Greg81

jozi wrote: »
    There's probably a lot more that doesn't see daylight hidden away.

True story.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement