Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today - Part II (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I worked in Beijing in 1994/95 and saw Rolls Royce's, Bentleys, Ferraris, Lambos. Except back then they were all sneaked/bribed into the country from Hong Kong etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

SuperS54 wrote: »
    Few from today;

20150619_151830%201024x576.jpg

Rear light looks like an after thought and probably won't be too long before it parts company with the car...

That is factory? :eek:

See the wires at the bottom!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

nd wrote: »
    That is factory? :eek:

See the wires at the bottom!

It's definitely homemade looking! I did an image search and couldn't find any with a rear light like this. It may be a China regulation requirement for a foglight or something. Perhaps it's temporary for delivery although it seems to be screwed into the body work...Who knows, I certainly don't think it will be there or working for very long though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

SuperS54 I think possibly your sarcasam detector might be a bit wonky todaywink.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

It's definitely homemade looking! I did an image search and couldn't find any with a rear light like this. It may be a China regulation requirement for a foglight or something. Perhaps it's temporary for delivery although it seems to be screwed into the body work...Who knows, I certainly don't think it will be there or working for very long though!

yeah I was thinking the same thing :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

I don't normally stop to take random pictures of cars, but I thought some of you might like this one...

20150619_125147%20-%20Copy.jpg

20150619_125129%20-%20Copy.jpg

20150619_125103%20-%20Copy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

K.Flyer wrote: »
    I don't normally stop to take random pictures of cars, but I thought some of you might like this one...

Essen?

tossy wrote: »
    Essen?

Not much in the photos to give that away... Other than the E on the other car reg. (??)
    EDIT: the phone number in the window?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

SuperS54 I think possibly your sarcasam detector might be a bit wonky todaywink.png

:confused: It must be because I'm totally lost now....It's a brand new Mustang just off the delivery truck, as ridiculous as it looks it has come from the factory like this!

:confused: It must be because I'm totally lost now....It's a brand new Mustang just off the delivery truck, as ridiculous as it looks it has come from the factory like this!

After a bit of a rummage it appears that rear fog lights are not a requirement in the States, but are a requirement in China under CNCA—02C—058:2005. So its obviously a get by for the importation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

18338414474_14672cec53_z.jpg

18960966295_6b952b8f22_z.jpg

18773262590_3afdabacaa_z.jpg

No idea as to the age of this.... saw it for sale today.

The Porsche 914 or VW-Porsche 914 was a mid-engined, targa-topped two-seat roadster designed, manufactured and marketed collaboratively by Volkswagen and Porsche from 1969 to 1976. (WIKI)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

These ones?

LX 570 ?S is what it says on the tin

you wont get them over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

K.Flyer wrote: »
    After a bit of a rummage it appears that rear fog lights are not a requirement in the States, but are a requirement in China under CNCA—02C—058:2005. So its obviously a get by for the importation.

IIRC a lot of the early JDM imports didn't have fogs here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Hachiko wrote: »

you wont get them over here.

There is an older model one in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭cullow123

Seen a 1974 Seat 850 near the North Circular Road. (No Pictures )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Spotted a metallic yellow feshty ST yesterday in limerick, is that a poster on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

Saw that AMG GTS arrived to Ireland :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Saw that AMG GTS arrived to Ireland :)

Pics please. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

mmm... I love these Dodge Chargers... sounded lovely too

18807924218_7ffb486bcc_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Have you see Stavros' latest video, Gold Ferrari 458 and CLS covered in crystals at 06:54

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

Mc Love wrote: »
    Have you see Stavros' latest video, Gold Ferrari 458 and CLS covered in crystals at 06:54

gold ferraris and crystal covered mercedes....

zzzzzzzzzz

money cant buy class

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭edburg

That merc add probably just got thousands just turning up to look at it.

The scooby doo looked like a halfords kit car amongst all them uber cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

^^ That Charger I posted, is the same one I spotted a couple of years ago

18828589929_b76ccbc88a_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭FreeFallin

I saw the Merc in daylight near Harrods earlier this year. It looked rough to be honest as the wheels and interior were filthy... Lipstick on a pig.

Article about the car http://tinyurl.com/kr9srjo

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

I'm just back from Toronto and there was always some nice cars parked outside the hotel -

A new shape Mustang GT:
    IMG_3701.jpg

IMG_3702.jpg

BMW M4:
    IMG_3704.jpg

IMG_3703.jpg

Shelby Mustang:
    IMG_3721.jpg

And weirdest of the lot, parked in an e-car charging bay, an old converted Jag XJ:
    IMG_3719.jpg
    IMG_3720.jpg

FreeFallin wrote: »
    I saw the Merc in daylight near Harrods earlier this year. It looked rough to be honest as the wheels and interior were filthy... Lipstick on a pig.

Article about the car http://tinyurl.com/kr9srjo

I find it sad that these arabs feel the need to drive to London each summer to get a kick in their expensive toys.

If I had a few million in the bank i most likely would buy a supercar, would I go driving to dubai..

meh., as much as I would encrust it in ridiculous gold and whatnot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

Have a photos of that Merc somewhere on my phone and here's the golf Ferrari. I saw it last year.
    WEJFWTn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

There was a program on before about residents complaining about the noise of the cars, while it may be a novelty at first, i think I'd go mad if I lived beside a pit lane every day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

There was a program on before about residents complaining about the noise of the cars, while it may be a novelty at first, i think I'd go mad if I lived beside a pit lane every day

I saw that program and there was a big thread on motors about it.

The residents came across poorly (editing the racist narrative in) as it was all about those Arabs in their fast cars. They had the cars screaming down small streets like Jeremy Clarkson in a tunnel with a fast car, same effect. Cops pull them but can do sod all. A fine means nothing.

The thread here was split between "aren't noisy cars great and they can do what they like" and "they are a nuisance and too noisy and breaking the law". Effectively boys racers vs old people, young vs old.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement