Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today - Part II (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

tc20 wrote: »
    re the S8 above, what is MTM in Audi parlance?
    Is it a non-Audi styling/performance outfit similar to Lorinser or Carlsson?
    That's exactly what they are. - www.mtm-online.de

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭cullow123

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Almost certain it was you that said the same thing a few times in this thread already but it's not true - one person owns the Ferrari and another person owns the Audi.

Probably was me , Having read your post and other posts on this thread I can now see what you said is true.

The Audi S8 is tuned by MTM from 525 BHP to 650 BHP. The person who owns this car also owned a black version of the same in 2013.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭AG918

Dropped into Joe Macari over the weekend and took a quick video, the stock they have in the showroom at any given time is just unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

that Ferrari spyder at the end is something else, what a colour. Don't suppose there was a price tag on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭waxon-waxoff

el diablo wrote: »
    Yeah, some bloke showed up in his ten year old Kuwaiti reg Mustang last year.

Maybe there was or maybe some people just cant say anything positive.

For anybody who cares, theres two Kuwait Mustang GT V8's that drive around Dublin 14. One is bright blue and the other a dark red. They are last of the old shape, so 2013-2014 models. Ive pics of the red one on my phone, ill try and stick them up some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

cullow123 wrote: »
    The Audi S8 is tuned by MTM from 525 BHP to 650 BHP. The person who owns this car also owned a black version of the same in 2013.

Looks like a standard S8 no mtm badges or any of the mtm styling.

ofcork wrote: »
    Looks like a standard S8 no mtm badges or any of the mtm styling.

I don't think the person wanted the badges on the car. The reason how I know that it is tuned is that the person who owns the car told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

What have MTM done to the car so ? A remap ?

tossy wrote: »

I don't know what they have done to, All I know is it has its bhp upped by them.

It sounds like its remapped.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭AG918

UhOh wrote: »
    that Ferrari spyder at the end is something else, what a colour. Don't suppose there was a price tag on it?

No price tag on display but "around £8 million".

Crazy, crazy money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭goochy

and that means the audi warranty is void ! is it worth it !

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭AutoMan79

Seen a Tesla 151 in Dublin this morning and not that impressed how it looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

goochy wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but I'm guessing that someone who has the money to buy a brand new Audi S8, then get an MTM tune done .... probably isn't overly worried about voiding their warranty ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Unlike anyone in F1 this season, I was overtaken by a McLaren today.

No Pic as I was driving, but just before 07.00 on the M1 Southbound at Julianstown.

S50 YYY - coming back as an MP4 - 12C.

Stunning looking, all shiny and black. Being driven very sensibly as well, as he didn't really get too far ahead all the way to the Airport.

I think you are giving Audi dealers a lot of credit in assuming they could spot it was mapped :D

Mercedes-AMG GTS Selenite Grey:

[IMG][/img]1hYN6TI.jpg

[IMG][/img]R0VzqtJ.jpg

[IMG][/img]jYPINTx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Ill be stopping off in Castleknock on my home so, have to see that in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

MTM do a lot more than remap if you wish. You can go anywhere between a remap and a full tuning including internals and exhausts. I was in an MTM RS4 in the States and it was fantastic. Totally different car.

I don't blame them for not badging it. I wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭JamieIsGod

19144142662_1c9c13ac8d_b.jpg

• Advertisement

ironclaw wrote: »
    MTM do a lot more than remap if you wish. You can go anywhere between a remap and a full tuning including internals and exhausts. I was in an MTM RS4 in the States and it was fantastic. Totally different car.

I don't blame them for not badging it. I wouldn't.

I know all about MTM. I was asking what MTM had done to that car.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Mercedes-AMG GTS Selenite Grey

Spotted a white one of these in Leon and had a good look around it. I made a man stain over the engine noise.

I know all about MTM. I was asking what MTM had done to that car.

I have been looking at the MTM site and it seems to be M-Cantronic engine modification (650 BHP) that is done to the S8. I also see this part costs nearly €5,600 plus €210 installation cost.

I have been looking at the MTM site and it seems to be M-Cantronic engine modification (650 BHP) that is done to the S8. I also see this part costs nearly €5,600 plus €210 installation cost.

Serious MTM tax there it's probably some breather mods or exhaust mods and a map.

if audi test drove car when in for service / repair wouldnt they spot it was chipped ?

i see a few merc. dealers have s class coupes in stk now, havent seen one in flesh but from pics. doesnt seem to look as impressive as the cl models going back the last 20 years.

i am actually probably more interested in the motor trade than the car models themselves !

anyone know if Bradys castleknock are going to do anything with their merc. showrooms ? they are a good dealer but their showrooms are down a side road and are not up to latest mb standards !

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

if audi test drove car when in for service / repair wouldnt they spot it was chipped ?

i see a few merc. dealers have s class coupes in stk now, havent seen one in flesh but from pics. doesnt seem to look as impressive as the cl models going back the last 20 years.

i am actually probably more interested in the motor trade than the car models themselves !

anyone know if Bradys castleknock are going to do anything with their merc. showrooms ? they are a good dealer but their showrooms are down a side road and are not up to latest mb standards !

I know someone that rented an Audi from Audi Enniscorthy a few weeks ago. Apparently they had no problems doing so!

Not sure if Bradys are doing anything, but I drove past it a couple of weeks ago and it seemed very poor for a Mercedes garage.
    Also, I was in Fitzpatricks Mercedes garage in Kildare during the week. Nice selection of stock, and a nice selection too - but the showroom and yard were very small. I could barely turn the car in the courtyard and the second I walked into the showroom I was practically at the salesmans desk.
    Apart from the lack of space, I couldnt fault them for anything else. The place is kepy in an immaculate condition and the staff were very nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Good to see the R8 still in it's usual spot all these years later :D

yes fitzpatricks are small but good and seem to be doing well , but it seems michael moores may as well still be merc. dealer , advertising new cars- obviously getting from athlone- and plenty of used. mercs. merc. should stop them masquerading as main merc. dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭JamieIsGod

dgt wrote: »
    Good to see the R8 still in it's usual spot all these years later :D

I've photographed it twice in three days :pac: Just thought I'd try something new with the edit:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

20150625_001.jpg

20150624_001.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement