Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today - Part II (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭goochy

Kearys have a new m3 saloon in phoenix yellow in showroom Looks great but alot of money for small saloon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

goochy wrote: »
    Kearys have a new m3 saloon in phoenix yellow in showroom Looks great but alot of money for small saloon
    If you consider an M3 to be just a "small saloon" then you're in the wrong forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭share_bear

I don't think anyone goes in a drops excess 100k cash for one. Its just a notional value to up its status. In reality its really the financing or leasing option for the first three years you have to consider as the real price, which is more reasonable and looks a bargain compared to notional cash price.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭share_bear

wtlltw wrote: »
    Saw a NI reg'd one on the M1 last Saturday.

5 series BMW refused to let him past, sadly, it all got messy after that.

Lovely car

Why what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Daaryl

ShaunieVW wrote: »
    Am I the only one that doesn't get the whole ae86 thing? Great for drifting but they don't look great and they are shocking slow!

http://www.carthrottle.com/post/this-is-why-the-toyota-ae86-is-so-damn-legendary/

They maybe slow with the standard 4age, But if you put a 20v they're alot difference, Even if you put trumpets on the 4age they make it sound so much nicer and make it a bit quicker, I suppose drifting and initial D made the car so legendary.

• Advertisement

An m3 is a small saloon whatever way you look at it would prefer something a bit more substantial myself at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

An m3 is a small saloon whatever way you look at it would prefer something a bit more substantial myself at that price

such as?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

So you'd prefer to spend €100k on a Range Rover or something because it's physically bigger?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭FreeFallin

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    So you'd prefer to spend €100k on a Range Rover or something because it's physically bigger?

In fairness, you could get a 3.0 TFSI A7 Quattro for that price. Granted while the performance wouldn't touch an M3, I think it's a worthy alternative for someone who wants a bigger sports saloon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

FreeFallin wrote: »
    In fairness, you could get a 3.0 TFSI A7 Quattro for that price. Granted while the performance wouldn't touch an M3, I think it's a worthy alternative for someone who wants a bigger sports saloon.

That is such a huge load of ****e.
    An M5 is comparable, or an RS6, not a **** 3.0 nothing Audi.

• Advertisement

I suppose i am not really into performance cars and think it doesnt look 110k or so worth of car a porshe macan turbo or a jag f type couls be bought instead ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Nope mate, a 316d is a small saloon.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭FreeFallin

CianRyan wrote: »

Chill out. Talking about a 100k car here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

No photo unfortunately as I was driving, but I saw a 2015 Audi S8 (D reg) in Galway today. It looked like a serious, serious machine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Nope mate, a 316d is a small saloon.

An A3 Saloon or an Astra Saloon would be a small saloon. An M3 a not so small saloon but its still 2 classes below a 7 Series and one behind a 5 Series.
    CianRyan wrote: »

Ah come on now - context! Since when did 333BHP from a V6 become a **** 3.0 nothing Audi?

How many people here drive something bigger and more powerful?

In comparison a V8 M3 with 450hp - maybe? But thats pretty rarefied air!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

If you have a decent wad of cash lying around and looking for something hi-performance but more practical than a 2 door than its the RS6 you head for all day long. Nothing comes near to it when you look right across the board. Spent about 45 mins oogling one at Worthersee and its a truely brilliant piece of kit, all while having 550-odd BHP and the space to bring the dogs and the whole family for a walk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Silver Porsche 918 waiting to board on the St. Malo docks last week. Only just back myself and going through this thread, didn't realise what exactly it was. Plenty of M4 6 Rs4 6 Maserati, Ferraris and whatnot on Jersey Island but that 918 was an absolute beauty.

I suppose i am not really into performance cars and think it doesnt look 110k or so worth of car a porshe macan turbo or a jag f type couls be bought instead ?

So you consider an M3 to be a small saloon and then recommend an F-Type as an alternative better car to buy even though it's smaller and more expensive if you want to match or better performance? As for the Macan... no comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

911 50th Anniversary Edition, 430 hp, 1,963 of them made!

itsjaybud wrote: »
    Pretty sure I saw a 151 plate one on the N11 a few days ago. I wanted to get a closer look but he was ahead of me and gaining distance fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

itsjaybud wrote: »

Fcuk me that's a sweet motor I love the wheels! !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

share_bear wrote: »
    Why what happened?

Hit the 80KM zone just outside the airport, BMW was refusing to allow the Merc to pass, (it was on top of it at this point), so the Merc undertook, then they proceeded to act like prize fools racing against each other. Nice car, but it isn't much good wrapped around a lamp post!!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

Truckermal wrote: »
    Fcuk me that's a sweet motor I love the wheels! !

Yeah a beautiful machine, nice rumble off her aswell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Spotted this in Frankfurt a couple of weeks ago.

Buns a speciality it'd seem.

R47KDnRl.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭JamieIsGod

A few from Howth today:
    19335438121_df444b18db_c.jpg
    19143869050_a22f8bfd37_c.jpg
    And my first 152 Reg, and my first time seeing a new one of these:
    19305372086_9779943283_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

19144418268_07d6d66dbf_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

Two C63s in one pic and the new one is the s version with over 500bhp!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

JamieIsGod wrote: »
    A few from Howth today:

do my eyes deceive me or does that say E63 S on the back? Damn, that's one serious car, few bhp up on the regular E63, 152 aswell, so must have been picked up today! Great spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭cullow123

JamieIsGod wrote: »
    A few from Howth today:
    19335438121_df444b18db_c.jpg
    19143869050_a22f8bfd37_c.jpg
    And my first 152 Reg, and my first time seeing a new one of these:
    19305372086_9779943283_c.jpg

That is a nice colour in the 152 C63 AMG S.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭JamieIsGod

UhOh wrote: »
    do my eyes deceive me or does that say E63 S on the back? Damn, that's one serious car, few bhp up on the regular E63, 152 aswell, so must have been picked up today! Great spot!

Nearly certain it was a C63S and thanks I struggled to get the camera out in time to get that shot

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement