Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today - Part II (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Saw a Vantage in Dundalk last night, same one?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

cabrwab wrote: »
    How was the spin in the aston. That's a vantage right?!

It was my brother in laws in the UK - yeah V8 Vantage - gorgeous car. Wasnt outrageously fast and the suspension is very stiff but the noise - even at 2000rpm was intoxicating. It would be very much a weekend car.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Not an exotic but still fairly rare...

11jvex0.jpg

zm1f80.jpg

Its a funky little thing despite the name!

Also sorry for poor iphone quality!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

It looks diabolical.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I thought it looked pretty cool in flesh...

Still a big girly... Like most renaults lately...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

The Wind looks fine in the flesh, they are probably its two worst angles, but I thought it was fine when I saw one in France over a year ago. It doesn't excuse the name though, how the hell did Renault UK allow that to get through ?

^^ Reminds me of a small vacuum cleaner you pick up by the handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

This is ... well ... mental. This is what happens when you let a large chain motor factors talk you into an aerosol which will blend with your own paint. It's also proof that painting over a scratch won't hide the scratch no matter how many boardsies say it'll look a million times better.

191249.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Owen wrote: »
    This is ... well ... mental. This is what happens when you let a large chain motor factors talk you into an aerosol which will blend with your own paint. It's also proof that painting over a scratch won't hide the scratch no matter how many boardsies say it'll look a million times better.

191249.JPG

WTF? why would you keep going when you see it's a completely different colour?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭mcw92

What i'd do to drive that GTR a few posts up!!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

stimpson wrote: »
    WTF? why would you keep going when you see it's a completely different colour?
    Took the words from my mouth/fingers :)

What .... the .... hell? :confused::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭mcw92

Not sure what Merc it is but i liked it! :)

28photo26012012132540hd.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Top Dog wrote: »
    Took the words from my mouth/fingers :)

What .... the .... hell? :confused::eek:

Reminds me of this:

25821.jpg

"No. It's still not right."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

mcw92 wrote: »
    Not sure what Merc it is but i liked it! :)

28photo26012012132540hd.th.jpg
    Standard merc C-class Sport. Nice looking car all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

If you're talking about the line above both door handles then I regret to inform you that that is known as a dent, not a scratch. I doubt anyone on boards told you to paint over a dent to make it look a million times better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

bijapos wrote: »
    If you're talking about the line above both door handles then I regret to inform you that that is known as a dent, not a scratch. I doubt anyone on boards told you to paint over a dent to make it look a million times better.

I've seen members advise people to do it before..........and I think Owen knows what he is talking about given that he makes his living from respraying cars :)

bijapos wrote: »

Well, that's good then, because I'm not talking about the bodywork specifically on that car, I'm talking about the advice regularly given on here people that painting over scratches with an aerosol will look better than the scratch itself. This is an exaggeration clearly.

BTW, I wouldn't class that as a dent either technically - I'd consider a dent to be something where the paint hasn't broken and there's no hard edges - something that could be removed by PDR. I'd consider the damage on that car deep panel damage.

BTW, I wouldn't class that as a dent either technically - I'd consider a dent to be something where the paint hasn't broken and there's no hard edges - something that could be removed by PDR. I'd consider the damage on that car deep panel damage.
    Still doesn't explain why someone would continue spraying a silver car with light green paint when its obvious they don't match? :confused: Or did you just spot it and not actually talk to the owner?

I wasn't talking to the owner, someone else was. They just asked for a light green metallic hoping it would blend in. He'd been told by a friend that a light green aerosol would be grand, to cover the doors, and blend it in with polish. I'd be after the friend with a hatchett :pac:

Seriously though, whatever about disguising the repair, he's probably cost himself more money in the long run as the new paint will have to be removed and where originally the front and rear doors and quarter would only have to be painted, now the wing will too. Ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Damokc

obviously this is a piss take right?! Nobody could be this stupid to continue spraying a car a different colour? No amount of polishing would get a different colour to blend...unless you polished through all tops coats and into the grey primer!:rolleyes:
    I smell tro......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Damokc wrote: »
    obviously this is a piss take right?! Nobody could be this stupid to continue spraying a car a different colour? No amount of polishing would get a different colour to blend...unless you polished through all tops coats and into the grey primer!:rolleyes:
    I smell tro......

So Owen's a troll now!?!:eek::eek::eek:

Some pure sh1te being posted on this thread today! :mad:

I'm good at photoshop, but not that good!!

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    So Owen's a troll now!?!:eek::eek::eek:

Some pure sh1te being posted on this thread today! :mad:

Apologise, I didn't even look at the name or anything.:o Was just bemused by the picture? Owen are you saying you just saw this on another thread or what? whats the full story behind this "spray job"?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭waxon-waxoff

HWIST is a bit dead lately. Must be the recession, even the Ferraris are 20 years old..... Seen these 348's in Dublin this week.

2012-01-29160131.jpg

2012-01-29160117.jpg

2012-02-03133101.jpg

6817111151_e4d0e038d9.jpg

Wonder if its been sold or registered as a demo?

Either way, I'm definitely jealous of whoever gets to drive it! :D

Top Dog wrote: »
    Wonder if its been sold or registered as a demo?

Either way, I'm definitely jealous of whoever gets to drive it! :D

Yeah, I wonder. It doesn't show up on mywheels:confused:

They can re-reg it as a 2013 next year if it doesn't sell sure!

Probably the only one here, but i'm still not sold on that blue they all seem to come in. Bit pukey looking. :)

It arrived this week - it's their demo...and they're looking for a buyer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

TheBazman wrote: »
    It arrived this week - it's their demo...and they're looking for a buyer

It's been knocking about a while....
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75804493

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement