Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today - Part II (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

I keep a roll of gaffa tape in the car especially for eedjits like that. Pull one string about 3 foot long and just apply to the drivers door, stand back and watch horrified owner when he/she reappears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

smash wrote: »
    Car park looks mostly empty. I don't really see a problem there.
    Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

You just can't win and you can't please everyone. You park in that one spot, along the kerb, the furthest corner in the car park with no one else around and when you come back someone had decided to park next to you and for good measure they leave a nice ding in the door of your pride and joy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

K4t wrote: »
    Seriously?
    I can see at least 7 empty spots there. Granted they could have taken a spot with nobody on either side but even still, it's not like they're causing an issue for anyone who needs a spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

Car park looks mostly empty. I don't really see a problem there.

it was actually busy enough, Friday lunchtime after all. I know it doesn't look it in the pic alright.

• Advertisement

I can see at least 7 empty spots there. Granted they could have taken a spot with nobody on either side but even still, it's not like they're causing an issue for anyone who needs a spot.
    The problem arises when everyone decides to take that attitude though and you end up with a less than capacity car park - It's ignorant and entirely disrespectful to other road/shop users.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

And it's just a bog standard Merc. I'd understand if it was a Ferrari or Lamborghini etc.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭JC01

el diablo wrote: »
    And it's just a bog standard Merc. I'd understand if it was a Ferrari or Lamborghini etc.

It's someone's pride and joy. To hazard a guess a young persons first brand new car that they've worked there ass off for. I don't see any problem with them taking up two spots ona half empty car park to save the hassle of someone coming along in their pile of scrap and hopping a door off it.

JC01 wrote: »
    It's someone's pride and joy. To hazard a guess a young persons first brand new car that they've worked there ass off for.

seen it around my way a few times, always driven by a woman that looks to be 50/60ish.

It's someone's pride and joy. To hazard a guess a young persons first brand new car that they've worked there ass off for. I don't see any problem with them taking up two spots on a half empty car park to save the hassle of someone coming along in their pile of scrap and hopping a door off it.
    Ah fair enough, because lads on building sites, hotel cleaners etc don't work their asses off to purchase and maintain their mode of transport. . .

• Advertisement

K4t wrote: »
    Ah fair enough, because lads on building sites, hotel cleaners etc don't work their asses off to purchase and maintain their mode of transport. . .

Don't get that one at all? Could well be a cleaner or builder?

UhOh wrote: »
    seen it around my way a few times, always driven by a woman that looks to be 50/60ish.

I was generalising because iv noticed a lot of people my age driving them rather than the older type you "generally" get in say an e class. A 50/60 year old woman can still be car proud though.

Don't get that one at all? Could well be a cleaner or builder?
    Right. Even so, it still doesn't make it right for them to park like that. Next you'll be saying it's alright for the Merc to drive in the middle of the road and that the rest of us should pull in on the hard shoulder when passing it..

If the car is that precious to the owner and they are that worried about possible scratches, they have plenty of alternatives to parking like a pr*ck. Because that's exactly what it is, being an ignorant pr*ck.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I was generalising because iv noticed a lot of people my age driving them rather than the older type you "generally" get in say an e class. A 50/60 year old woman can still be car proud though.

Can just as easily be an ignorant cvnt too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

I reckon that kind of parking is more likely to attract some form of vandalism than the chances of accidental damage occurring from parking normally would.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Icepick

l5WE56J.jpg
    Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Spotted this awkward situation the other week!

20150808_181952.jpg

No more "star" for me. That make started to be worse and worse from early '90s

I was never a big Merc fan, especially the 00s stuff which I thought looked dull, I like the newest stuff though, even the C Class looks good now...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

UhOh wrote: »
    Nothing special just shocking parking in Super Valu Waterford earlier today.....we get that you don't want people breathing on your 1.5l Diesel but come on, park in a single space at the back of the carpark, don't be so ignorant

Thats not in the hypercentre, is it? Well with that place people just throw cars around anywhere they like and park too close to the car next to them.As for parking between the lines, pfffft......

Of course it could apply to any parking area too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Fiat Ritmo 125 TC Abarth

358614.jpg

• Advertisement

Dia1988 wrote: »
    Fiat 125

No, Ritmo abarth.

jimmyw wrote: »
    No, Ritmo abarth.

It said 125 on the Tax disc and on the side wing

358615.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Where did you see that? Saw a very similar one myself in Bray last weekend.

Also saw a De Tomaso up around Marlay Park this evening.

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Where did you see that? Saw a very similar one myself in Bray last weekend.

Also saw a De Tomaso up around Marlay Park this evening.

In Drumcondra, it's not a car I've seen before around here. I reckon it was only here for a match in Tolka park.

Dia1988 wrote: »
    It said 125 on the Tax disc and on the side wing

Ah yeah, a Ritmo 125 abarth.

I thought you meant :p

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:MHV_Fiat_125S_1969_01.jpg#/media/File:MHV_Fiat_125S_1969_01.jpg

Anyway, considering its a Fiat, its in good nick.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Icepick wrote: »
    l5WE56J.jpg
    Dublin

Well Holy God Biddy,did you see that yoke? !!!!!!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭5ub

I have seen that Ritmo in Dublin before. Some car

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭goochy

those cla mercs are suppose to be **** !

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

goochy wrote: »
    those cla mercs are suppose to be **** !

Absolutely FA room in them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Dia1988 wrote:
    Fiat Ritmo 125 TC Abarth

I seen that car literally an hour ago in Co Roscommon. The ZV plate caught my attention. Nice hum out of it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement