Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today - Part II (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Big Nasty wrote:
    That's an Aventador I think?

Yep that's what it said on it anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭goochy

he must be very happy with his child minder . lol

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

a0ed008259ed58c7aa8e7843d7ec0009.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

That snapchat screen grab is kind of getting on my nerves. If you insisted on using snapchat why not say "First time seeing one in the flesh" like you stated. Or something else tasteful instead of pointing out that "Someone's got money".

Really? The snaps were for my own personal use, amongst my friends. I'm sorry I was so insensitive not to think of the kind people of boards, and if my choice of words would cause offense. Obviously someone splashed out, and went off to the left.
    I saved the second pic before captioning it, forgot to save the first, hence the screenshot, and thus hence the the wording remaining.

Cripers, everything you post around here really gets nitpicked, some people almost go out of their way to find something to argue/cause a stir/complain about. I'm sick of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

One for the Duke. Can't be many left.... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

smash wrote: »
    That snapchat screen grab is kind of getting on my nerves. If you insisted on using snapchat why not say "First time seeing one in the flesh" like you stated. Or something else tasteful instead of pointing out that "Someone's got money".
    :confused: I think most people's initial reaction upon seeing that car would be in relation to the price - and at £350,000 retail one would definitely be wondering what line of work the owner is in.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

K4t wrote: »
    one would definitely be wondering what line of work the owner is in.

smacks of jealousy IMO. Who cares what the owner works at or how they made their money.....enjoy the car!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

UhOh wrote: »
    smacks of jealousy IMO. Who cares what the owner works at or how they made their money.....enjoy the car!!!

Saw that Aventador today in Galway, recognised the driver. I've spoken to him a few times. He has a Bentley continental for the winter and the last car I saw him in was a very nice ferrarri. Nice guy, (I don't know him but he is pleasant enough to converse with)

Driving around a £300,000 car anywhere in the world is going to provoke that kind of reaction and intrigue, never mind the back water of the west of Ireland. Don't see any jealousy here, only a strange attitude by yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

FortySeven wrote: »
    Saw that Aventador today in Galway, recognised the driver. I've spoken to him a few times. He has a Bentley continental for the winter and the last car I saw him in was a very nice ferrarri. Nice guy, (I don't know him but he is pleasant enough to converse with)

I thought I was posh having a set of winter wheels :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

YbFocus wrote: »
    I thought I was posh having a set of winter wheels :(

Posh enough! I don't even own winter shoes! :D

only a strange attitude by yourself.

how's that now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Cripers, everything you post around here really gets nitpicked, some people almost go out of their way to find something to argue/cause a stir/complain about. I'm sick of it.

I hear you Noccy_Mondy. All I'll say is that its very very easy to offend some people these days. I tend to put it down to some stress or pressure going on in their lifes, negative equity, work pressure, rocky relationships etc. Anyway, this is intended to be a light-hearted forum and I for one wouldn't see your post being in anyway offensive. Nice spot by the way.

how's that now?
    Taking offense at someone mentioning the monetary factor of owning a car that costs more than most houses in Ireland is most strange, even more so when it's not your car. Mentioning money is not jealousy, nor is it begrudging, it's simply relevant, and much more relevant than the aesthetic/performance of the car (which isn't that great imo and I've seen it up close a few times this week). Entirely impractical car for this country also, especially where it is doing most of its driving, but I guess that's just jealousy on my part..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

One for the Duke. Can't be many left.... ;)

Ah jaysus, between yourself today and 166 man yesterday only up the road I can't go anywhere :pac:

Anyway...outside my house today on a Mk1 Audi A3

attachment.php?attachmentid=5345&d=1440186893

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭NickDunne

Minx

DSC_0154.jpg

but I guess that's just jealousy on my part..

yep, sure sounds like it to me. How dare anyone flaunt a flash car in the West of Ireland. Suppose you'd be happier if the owner bought some generic grey/silver/black TDI to blend in....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Uhoh, what are you actually on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

sounds like a troll to me

• Advertisement

bear1 wrote: »
    Uhoh, what are you actually on about?

I'm on about typical Irish begrudgery. Nice Lamborghini spotted in Mayo, all that is mentioned is how much money must yer man have, what does he do and those general thoughts some people have rather than appreciate a nice car.....I'm actually quite shocked you're getting onto me, presumably you have same typical begrudging attitude us Irish do so well

UhOh wrote:
    I'm on about typical Irish begrudgery. Nice Lamborghini spotted in Mayo, all that is mentioned is how much money must yer man have, what does he do and those general thoughts some people have rather than appreciate a nice car.....

Ahh shag off.

How is it begrudgery? I said someone has money. I didn't say "they don't deserve money" or "They don't deserve that car". Go and do something productive with your day, instead of spoofing shyte around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I'm on about typical Irish begrudgery. Nice Lamborghini spotted in Mayo, all that is mentioned is how much money must yer man have, what does he do and those general thoughts some people have rather than appreciate a nice car.....I'm actually quite shocked you're getting onto me, presumably you have same typical begrudging attitude us Irish do so well

So you're begrudging that the Irish begrude?
    You are either off your head with drink or deliberately being silly.
    An extremely rare car is spotted driving around the place, it's then told that he has a Ferrari and a Bentley to add to the collection.
    No **** people would think "I'd love to know what line of work he is in".
    Hows it that begrudging?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

20150819_001.jpg
    20150822_001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭cullow123

This is what I saw yesterday:

Lotus E-Spirit S2:

[IMG][/img]OMflgSVm.jpg

Porsche 911 Carrera (993):

[IMG][/img]sI97Xr4m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Greg81

Mercedes 190SL Cherywood

IMG_6631_zpshahk8qfn.jpg

Amazing Toyota MR2 :) on N4

IMG_6596_zpsbqzrkkqv.jpg

yep, sure sounds like it to me. How dare anyone flaunt a flash car in the West of Ireland. Suppose you'd be happier if the owner bought some generic grey/silver/black TDI to blend in....
    Ah so because I'm not fawning over the car while ignoring the price and impracticality of the vehicle in Ireland, I'm jealous? Nonsense. It's a class machine and I admire many things about it, but cut the sh*t whereby any mention of money is automatically a case of jealousy - if I won the euromillions tomorrow I wouldn't buy one, just doesn't do it for me, and again would be pointless around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Really? The snaps were for my own personal use, amongst my friends. I'm sorry I was so insensitive not to think of the kind people of boards, and if my choice of words would cause offense. Obviously someone splashed out, and went off to the left.
    I saved the second pic before captioning it, forgot to save the first, hence the screenshot, and thus hence the the wording remaining.

Super spot! I heard it before i saw it on pearse street on thursday night - what a noise :eek: Absolute stunner! Owner made his money in kitchens as far as i know. Good luck to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Chris_Heilong's Chaser in Clarehall today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Bad quality pic of a LaFerrari passing by my apartment.

A bargain at CA$1,750,000. :)

4e35754e-4732-4990-bb57-17b72f37ea08_zpsn5kf6asr.jpg

abc4ffe1-99a7-407c-92bf-0e475c2cc998_zpsxzs3pyyk.jpg

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement