Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today - Part II (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

OSI wrote: »
    I'd do dirty things for a Tesla Model S P85D. A four door saloon with every gadget going and Nissan GTR beating performance? **** yeah!
    I'd like to see a poll of opinions on the tesla with the results divided between petrol and diesel fanboys.
    I suspect that derv fan boys are less positive, despite the huge torque from even lower revs and none of the clatter and soot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

While I love the Tesla, I find the paint job horrendous, it's full on orange peel all over (not that any other premium brands are better). Didn't find the seats that supportive either my 147 seats give more support. That's just my initial first impressions, still a cool car I'd like to see more often.

Vancouver had lots of them as well the time I was there in May

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

That giant touchscreen is obnoxious, can't like it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭JamieIsGod

A few from South Dublin yesterday:
    20923018845_17a9897018_b.jpg
    20923019235_158a81ba23_b.jpg
    20300442574_4e7e7f9cbe_b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I'd have to agree and say that the Tesla Model S would be up there on my list of wants. Add in some nice aircooled classics from VW & Porsche and I'd have a dream stable. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

That E63 is some sleeper...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

That giant touchscreen is obnoxious, can't like it at all.
    The oppisit here, I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

cadaliac wrote: »
    The oppisit here, I love it.

Gets absolutely filthy with finger prints and with some sun on it, looks horrendous. Great in showroom, bad in practice. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I'd love one, the exclusivity of it alone makes it worth it.
    What's the bhp figures on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

bear1 wrote: »
    I'd love one, the exclusivity of it alone makes it worth it.
    What's the bhp figures on them?

1.21 Gigawatts

Great Scott! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

OSI wrote: »
    I'd do dirty things for a Tesla Model S P85D. A four door saloon with every gadget going and Nissan GTR beating performance? **** yeah!

sounds like a car polish.

Im not a fan of the gigantic touch screen, ott.

If I was given a GT-R over a Tesla I would take a GT-R all the time, every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭cullow123

Aston Martin V8 Vantage in the IFSC today:

[IMG][/img]IUlI43Hl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

el diablo wrote: »
    They're a very impressive car but it just looks a bit bland and I'm also not a huge fan of the giant tablet on the dash either. I'd love a Model S but it's just not my dream car. :)
    I wouldnt take it in that grey colour alright that does nothing for it, feck knows why they use it as their display model, the white with black alloys is stunning looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Thargor wrote: »
    I wouldnt take it in that grey colour alright that does nothing for it, feck knows why they use it as their display model, the white with black alloys is stunning looking.

White me bollix. I fookin hate white cars at this stage. The Telsa looks hot in that bronze colour they do tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

2e1ykux.jpg

New Golf R beside a 1980 911sc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Speaking of the R, I saw an ad on the tele for the new R estate in that lovely Blue colour. Must say it looks the business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

vintagevrs wrote: »
    New Golf R beside a 1980 911sc

You've got to thank the heroes who spend that much cash on a Golf only for it to depreciate rapidly so us common folk can pick them up for a bargain price in a few years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

I've no new photos until tomorrow but this is one of the first Ferrari 488 GTB I saw and first in my favorite supercars colour - yellow. Spotted at Hungaroring during Ferrari Racing Days 2015.

I'll come back tomorrow evening with some new photos.

Heatwave 2015 (29.08.2015):

Outside:
    EK6qZRr.jpg
    9vRTX8f.jpg
    Kh3aMR4.jpg
    xQZxu4B.jpg
    j8lZeZ1.jpg
    kKTVl9r.jpg
    JRsOAxK.jpg

And the better part. Raceism United hall:
    CaecwPB.jpg
    3UtEztw.jpg
    AoElSZR.jpg
    XskwZu5.jpg
    J7Rjs4e.jpg
    6c1pmfL.jpg
    vNslvsC.jpg
    7UH2170.jpg
    SLgd7Bg.jpg
    4fsjamm.jpg
    Q2riLDF.jpg

• Advertisement

YLFVIAl.jpg
    CZxkEky.jpg
    hu1ApNY.jpg
    zerH0tQ.jpg
    IycgeHy.jpg
    TUsKlMl.jpg
    obmDVVC.jpg
    Nmx4D33.jpg
    LTouVdk.jpg
    SXdmF3X.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

V6W7Wsrh.jpg

don't get all them undriveable cars, but maybe that's just me. The Lexus looks ridiculous, its a diesel also which makes matters worse. The s2k is the best of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It was undrivable from factory :)

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It was undrivable from factory :)

true....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

The wheels just look daft. Can someone disagree and tell me why they look good?

Maybe I'm weird but I like looking at cars like this but will never drive by one of those. It's still not my favorite type of cars. I'll be back next week with some supercars photos I promise :D ha

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

They're not to be thought of as cars anymore at that stage.
    It's almost like a sculpture, like a concept car.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Spun over to Ballymount yesterday and was genuinely delighted to be stuck in traffic behind a 4.2 Jaguar E-Type. Think it was a 1960s model. Absolutely beautiful, and driven by an older gentleman who even had the retro leather jacket down.

Bus driver passing actually stopped to say "I have to say, that car is absolutely stunning."

Lovely moment.

Similarly, I saw a chap out on a 1960's Triumph motorbike heading into town. I was on my mid-90s Honda and fell in love (with the bike, not the biker!) :D

So much admiration for people who put the time and effort into keeping these beautiful cars and bikes in amazing condition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Does this count?

97ED111E-2737-4DB5-B451-E855CA86E6E4_zpsghnxxg2a.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement