Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today - Part II (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

07022012080.jpg

07022012081.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Oh I like that paint! Even in dull light it stands out nicely!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭blackwhite

191967.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Sweet Holden V8 Maloo (Ute).

Just a note, driver wasn't speeding, he was behind me on the on ramp and I took my time getting up to speed to encourage him (I'm sure he didn't need it:p) to overtake so I could hear that sweet, sweet sound!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,551 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Sweet Holden V8 Maloo (Ute).

Just a note, driver wasn't speeding, he was behind me on the on ramp and I took my time getting up to speed to encourage him (I'm sure he didn't need it:p) to overtake so I could hear that sweet, sweet sound!

You are right.
    Robbie doesn't need any encouragement to put the foot down ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

kwalshe wrote: »

Love where it says;
    >CL 55 AMG 360 BHP

>THIS IS NOT A REPLICA ITS THE REAL THING.

>200K STERLING NEW

>360 BHP OF RAW TORQUE & POWER.

Mmmmmm, Cartell does not agree......!!

Registration 02D79219
    Make MERCEDES BENZ
    Model CL500
    Description Not Available
    Fuel Type PETROL

vectra wrote: »

You are right.
    Robbie doesn't need any encouragement to put the foot down ;)

Ha, figured someone driving a car that rare on these roads would either be a boadsie or be known by one. I saw it pass in the opposite direction an thought "that was a Holden:-o".
    Then glanced in my rear view later as the headlights caught my eye. From then on I had my GF on camera duty just incase:-P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,551 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Ha, figured someone driving a car that rare on these roads would either be a boadsie or be known by one.

Ya,
    He has that a couple of years now. Lives literally 1km from me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Love where it says;
    >CL 55 AMG 360 BHP

>THIS IS NOT A REPLICA ITS THE REAL THING.

>200K STERLING NEW

>360 BHP OF RAW TORQUE & POWER.

Mmmmmm, Cartell does not agree......!!

Registration 02D79219
    Make MERCEDES BENZ
    Model CL500
    Description Not Available
    Fuel Type PETROL
    Cartell would show my car as an Austin with a 4300cc Petrol engine. It is not an Austin.

When the VRT computer doesnt have the model in question they do an individual inspection and just put in into the computer any way they see fit. I queried the Make and they said it was standard practice. They wrote no model, but the description gave the full name and model.
    I'm not saying that is what happened here but I am certain it is a possibility. Perhaps the owner would like to know this to help his sale? (assuming it is legitimately a CL55 AMG)

• Advertisement

fluffer wrote: »
    Cartell would show my car as an Austin with a 4300cc Petrol engine. It is not an Austin.

When the VRT computer doesnt have the model in question they do an individual inspection and just put in into the computer any way they see fit. I queried the Make and they said it was standard practice. They wrote no model, but the description gave the full name and model.
    I'm not saying that is what happened here but I am certain it is a possibility. Perhaps the owner would like to know this to help his sale? (assuming it is legitimately a CL55 AMG)

Maybe as the real AMGs were new enough to the market then... What made me suspicious was the listed 360bhp but apparently that is correct for the 55 in 2002, it got a supercharger in 2003 to bump the power...
    But why is there no quads??? Still not convinced...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Maybe as the real AMGs were new enough to the market then... What made me suspicious was the listed 360bhp but apparently that is correct for the 55 in 2002, it got a supercharger in 2003 to bump the power...
    But why is there no quads??? Still not convinced...:confused:

Surley a CL55 AMG would have drilled/grooved disks too but the car in the links does not seem to have?

EDIT:

Then again maybe not

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/769/Mercedes-Benz-CL-55-AMG.html

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Saw an Aston Martin Rapide parked on the side of the street, amazing looking car but couldnt get a pic as I was driving and my phone was in my jacket pocket in the back seat :(

One thing I did notice was the lenght of the bonnet, its huge, about 5ft long.. parking it must be a nightmare.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

in blanch

vectra wrote: »

Ya,
    He has that a couple of years now. Lives literally 1km from me :P

1km....so you must hear it whenever it fires up :D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

in blanch

?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

el diablo wrote: »
    ?

I think he's looking for the obnoxious parking thread :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Nothing spectacular, just the same model, in the same colour, with 10 years in the difference.

newandold.jpg

Nothing spectacular, just the same model, in the same colour, with 10 years in the difference.

Nice 20"s

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

in blanch

Wrong thread man, who the **** wants to see a badly parked Bora of all things?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

Saw a nice Supra (uk plates) on Airton Road beside Opel or Chrysler garage. Lots of camera's around there... i think chrysler garage is just open today. No photos as i was driving to the gym. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Why do they always make each model bigger. The difference in size is crazy.

The E39 has aged well though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Why do they always make each model bigger. The difference in size is crazy.

The E39 has aged well though.

Cheers. I do look very fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Dazza Mc kenna

P1070104.jpgP1070105.jpg
    P1070119.jpg
    P1070118.jpg
    P1070128.jpg
    P1070126.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

OMFG!!! That car in that colour is damn sexy

[IMG]http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/attachments/6/1/0/2/7/a3859645-135-Homer Drool.jpg[/IMG]

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Crowne Plaza Dundalk 10.02.12 (Obnoxious parking thread is gone :( )

9f2bb9d0.jpg

e5791b76.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

^

Love that and the M5. Im in love with the new 997 GT2 RS, series car:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Really like the interior of the M5......and I don't normally say that about BMW's!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Holden GTS or HVS or something like that, sounded great.

191698.jpg

HSV GTS 6.2L V8 325KW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

Saw a 2011 Audi A8 L this morning on the quays. Was driving so no time to take a photo.

Reminded me of Top Gear when they were talking about the Chinese cars and that the most important factor for them is leg room in the back, as a result longer versions of cars were built with the L after the model.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement