Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today - Part II (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

I trust it has a disabled badge? :)

Why do people do this every time. The OP posted a pic of a nice car. Leave it at that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

cadaliac wrote: »
    Why do people do this every time. The OP posted a pic of a nice car. Leave it at that.

It is a tiny bit obnoxious to drive a car like that and then engage in arseholery.
    Unless the owner is disabled, I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

Sitec wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it was sold, the colour is unbelievable in the flesh. They had an orange GT3RS in stock to but not on display. I didn't see a price but I'd say 190,000e wouldn't be far off.

€310,000 excluding plates and delivery. Here's the orange one - same buyer for both. No 2+2 back seats though!

Ha4PCey.jpg
    uuIcOhZ.jpg
    Ga0F3Rw.jpg
    p7g86jc.jpg
    1KrC9JB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Sitec wrote: »
    GT3RS in Porsche Dublin.

GT3RS

GT3RS

GT3RS

GT3RS

There's my Euromillions car right there... sigh

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

woejus wrote: »
    €310,000 excluding plates and delivery.

When you say "excluding plates" I assume you mean the €20 it would cost to print them and not the VRT?

• Advertisement

just being tongue-in-cheek - can't imagine them hitting you up for the price of two halfords specials! 20 years' work for the average industrial worker after tax.

Sales guy said €310k was the final price alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Odd that one person was able to buy two considering that the demand for them was/is so high..it's normally the kind of thing most manufacturers wouldn't allow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Odd that one person was able to buy two considering that the demand for them was/is so high..it's normally the kind of thing most manufacturers wouldn't allow.

He probably has a good standing with them, one will go into mothballs i'll imagine and the other will be driven on, all going well one could pay for both in time.

tossy wrote: »
    He probably has a good standing with them, one will go into mothballs i'll imagine and the other will be driven on, all going well one could pay for both in time.

If he were to flip one of them now he'd get a very considerable return on his investment - UK RHD cars are selling for £100k over list. If I had to guess I'd say that's what he's going to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Not begrudging, but anyone know the buyer or industry they are in? €300k is beyond the reach of most Irish millionaires, you're talking someone with serious cash behind them. Are they definitely going on Irish plates?

• Advertisement

If he were to flip one of them now he'd get a very considerable return on his investment - UK RHD cars are selling for £100k over list. If I had to guess I'd say that's what he's going to do.

Sure if he can afford 2 he can afford to sit on one for a few years and make all his money back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

ironclaw wrote: »
    Not begrudging, but anyone know the buyer or industry they are in? €300k is beyond the reach of most Irish millionaires, you're talking someone with serious cash behind them. Are they definitely going on Irish plates?

That's why it's usually multi-millionaires who buy cars like this....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Sure if he can afford 2 he can afford to sit on one for a few years and make all his money back.

If he can afford 2 of them he is hardly bothered about doing that. He could have bought one for the road and one for the track.

Who knows, who cares. Not directed at you Tossy but some of the speculation is hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

Two very different hot hatches spotted over the last few days.
    I've always had a soft spot for these Mk1 (new) Pandas. I think a user on here has a 100HP model, are they a hoot to drive, or is it a case of over-egging the pudding?

Why have it collecting dust for a few years when he can capitalise on the huge demand for them now and make a larger profit? In any case, I don't believe that the orange one and the purple one were both bought by the same person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

If I were buying 600k of prestige car and the sales fellow was mouthing off to random chaps about my business I would be seriously pissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

If I were buying 600k of prestige car and the sales fellow was mouthing off to random chaps about my business I would be seriously pissed.

Maybe the sales guy was taking the p1ss?

'So eh, you sell many of these or what?'

'Sure we do, the last chap in just bought two of them!'

:D

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Maybe the sales guy was taking the p1ss?

'So eh, you sell many of these or what?'

'Sure we do, the last chap in just bought two of them!'

:D

I have reason to believe the sales guy. No reason to think the buyer gives a damn who knows. He did, after all, buy two copies of an incredibly rare car in lurid orange and Prince purple. He's not exactly going for discreet!

--> :mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭cullow123

I seen this Audi RS5 down in the IFSC today:

[IMG][/img]PSrJQV6.jpg

Why have it collecting dust for a few years when he can capitalise on the huge demand for them now and make a larger profit? In any case, I don't believe that the orange one and the purple one were both bought by the same person.

Why is there so much chat over this on the inherentnet, fair play to him no matter what he does with them.

• Advertisement

Why is there so much chat over this on the inherentnet, fair play to him no matter what he does with them.

Because two very rare, interesting Porsches have landed in Ireland - when someone then claims that the same person bought the two of them at a cost of €600k+ then it will naturally generate a bit of discussion, hardly surprising.

Like I said though, I don't believe the same guy owns the two of them. I think the salesman was playing the whole thing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

woejus wrote: »

Ha4PCey.jpg

I can only imagine how impressive/huge that wing is in the flesh. Again, like the purple one a week or two ago I just love how this car looks.
    Fair play to however owns them both.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

PhotoEditor-1447073595664_zpscl0i3yp6.jpg

I'm about 97 per cent sure this has a V8 (huge tires and tHE NOISE) etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

@Duke O, was it a 260 or 280? I used to own an unmolested original 240z, 20 years ago in the states.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

inherentnet

What does this mean?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

This is what I saw today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

@Duke O, was it a 260 or 280? I used to own an unmolested original 240z, 20 years ago in the states.

I'm not sure to be honest, I couldn't get a look at the badge on the back, it was terrible out. It didnt sound stock

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

from that pic it looks like a 260z to my tired old eyes.:)

reg is XKI845 ran it through motorcheck and got a suprise :confused:

1974 Nissan

BODY TYPE 4 Door Other Light Goods
    FUEL TYPE Petrol
    COLOUR Grey
    TRANSMISSION Manual

according to cartell its:

Registration XKI845
    Make NISSAN
    Model UNKNOWN
    Description
    Engine Capacity (cc) 2565:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

davycc wrote: »
    from that pic it looks like a 260z to my tired old eyes.:)

reg is XKI845 ran it through motorcheck and got a suprise :confused:

1974 Nissan

BODY TYPE 4 Door Other Light Goods
    FUEL TYPE Petrol
    COLOUR Grey
    TRANSMISSION Manual

according to cartell its:

Registration XKI845
    Make NISSAN
    Model UNKNOWN
    Description
    Engine Capacity (cc) 2565:confused:

240z was from 1970 and had a 2.4L engine
    260z was from 1974 and had a 2.6L engine
    280z was from 1975 and had a 2.8L engine

So...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Merchants Quay carpark in Waterford today. They started putting up the Waterford On Ice rink in that car park today. Generally that's where I park. This evening they were looking to clear a few of the stragglers who hadn't left the car park yet, this is how!

I've seen cars lifted on forklifts before but i'm not sure i'd be pleased if I found them moving my Celica like this.

IMG_20151111_162452.jpg
    IMG_20151111_162456.jpg
    IMG_20151111_162513.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement