Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today - Part II (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

If I ever caught someone doing that to my car for whatever reason I'd beat them to a bloody pulp.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

I'd kill them. End of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,572 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Merchants Quay carpark in Waterford today. They started putting up the Waterford On Ice rink in that car park today. Generally that's where I park. This evening they were looking to clear a few of the stragglers who hadn't left the car park yet, this is how!

I've seen cars lifted on forklifts before but i'm not sure i'd be pleased if I found them moving my Celica like this.

I'd be in such a rage I would certainly be arrested for either assault or disturbing the peace or driving the forklift in to the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

If I ever caught someone doing that to my car for whatever reason I'd beat them to a bloody pulp.
    YbFocus wrote: »
    I'd be in such a rage I would certainly be arrested for either assault or disturbing the peace or driving the forklift in to the sea.

I think too many superhero movies have been watched lads...bit of overkill there. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

166man wrote: »
    I think too many superhero movies have been watched lads...bit of overkill there. Lol

Your just not a bad ass like us. .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

He's an alfa driver he used to moving his car with a forklift :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

You should send those into the local news paper, that kind of carry on shouldn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Ah, as an enthusiast, it'd bother me. I'd say most people wouldn't care or see the harm. The sort of person that happily owns a Kia Rio Mk2 definitely doesn't care.

I just think it's poor as on Tuesday I parked there and there were no signs or notice that anything would be happening there and then on Wednesday, that. So if you left your car there overnight etc, this was it's fate.

I'm sure the cars were unharmed, it's just a bit jarring to watch, usually when they are on one of those forklifts, they are about to get flipped into the crusher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭5W30

Ah, as an enthusiast, it'd bother me. I'd say most people wouldn't care or see the harm. The sort of person that happily owns a Kia Rio Mk2 definitely doesn't care.

I just think it's poor as on Tuesday I parked there and there were no signs or notice that anything would be happening there and then on Wednesday, that. So if you left your car there overnight etc, this was it's fate.

I'm sure the cars were unharmed, it's just a bit jarring to watch, usually when they are on one of those forklifts, they are about to get flipped into the crusher.

It's quite illegal too AFAIK.

You can only move cars blocking your property by hand, legally. At least that's what the laws said anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

The only one in Ireland I'd imagine?

20151111_100649_zps7m8htm0q.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I'm over 4 years building my car, sticking a forklift under it to move it will do damage, I think I would ape**** if they even thought about moving it that way never mind actually do it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

New 7 - looks unimpressive and bland dispite all the fancy chrome bits, assumed it was a 5 series at first.

877F0468-7786-4D79-9F50-B07872CC67C5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

@ Marty McFly - that's a 911 993 Turbo, right?

Would they be that rare here (as in only one in the country)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Saw a gorgeous, yellow 98 Fiat Coupe last night. 20v turbo with only 50k on it.
    Too dark for pictures but it was at work so it might appear again.

Big Nasty wrote: »

No it's a Porsche Turbo 3.6 there was only about 1500 produced worldwide so a very rare car.

The Mechanic told me after they rang Porsche about it Porsche rang them back and offered the owner over 200k for it straight away which he turned down despite never driving it and had actually forgotten he owned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Big Nasty wrote: »

Porsche 964 3.6 Turbo

No it's a Porsche Turbo 3.6 there was only about 1500 produced worldwide so a very rare car.

The Mechanic told me after they rang Porsche about it Porsche rang them back and offered the owner over 200k for it straight away which he turned down despite never driving it and had actually forgotten he owned it.
    I wonder could I actually convince him that he gave it to me if he is so forgetful.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

h3000 wrote: »
    I wonder could I actually convince him that he gave it to me if he is so forgetful.

It's got to be worth a shot anyway :pac:

Just reading there was only 159 of them produced in right hand drive.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Brought this for a spin today :

IMG_20151112_091224_zps5ttycrul.jpg

IMG_20151112_091211_zps3s0ch3l2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Brought this for a spin today :

Fcuk me that's nice. Was it not a bit awkward driving with an erection?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

smash wrote: »
    Fcuk me that's nice. Was it not a bit awkward driving with an erection?

you keep accidentally flicking the wipers and indicators on and off i'd say.

nice car is right. did they get a demo down for you to test drive or what's the story behind it.

• Advertisement

If was meant to be down for an event a few weeks ago but didn't make it.

I told the salesman that I wanted a spin and they got it back in, not sure if it was just for me, but luckily I was off work today so was able to bring it for a good spin.

Pretty awesome car, great noise, puts down the power really well and launch control is a cool feature :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

You would want good traction today on the south ring brutal driving conditions!

ofcork wrote: »

I actually did some good tests there, didn't skip a beat, great road handling :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

ofcork wrote: »

see sig for more, :D

Good to hear your thoughts on it Mick, these seem a serious car, remapped versions were making muck of stock versions of seriously high BHP cars down the 1/4 mile at inters the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Yeah all the tough guys with the big talk about assaulting someone for moving a physical possession...!

Good lord. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭5W30

Easy acting the hard lad with a slammed car where you can't fit the forklift forks :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

This made me laugh, if I was the mechanic I'd be denying to the owner that he ever left a car with me in the first place :P

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭BillJ

I saw a Carver on the South Ring in Cork this week, no picture unfortunately. Must be one of the rarest cars in Ireland?

Seen it in Douglas before as well, tilted over sideways going around a bend :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

BillJ wrote: »
    I saw a Carver on the South Ring in Cork this week, no picture unfortunately. Must be one of the rarest cars in Ireland?

Seen it in Douglas before as well, tilted over sideways going around a bend :pac:

Had to googolise that. Bananas lookin thing. Brill fun is say. :D

• Advertisement

Had to googolise that. Bananas lookin thing. Brill fun is say. :D

Yeah was behind it around pairc ui rinn the other day, it's odd looking but looks like fun all right :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement