Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today - Part II (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

I spotted a rover 75 with a jaguar badge. When I say jag badge I mean the 6 letters in chrome stuck on the boot lid.

Beats any rs4 tdi iv spotted in rarity at least

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I always liked the look of these

Nice car, but still think red on Mercs is wrong, even though this is not the worst example and it's a nicer, subdued red. I was thinking more of a Ferrari style red. I can't quite explain it, maybe it's because it's a color of passion, it that should be on something that spits and pops flames out of the exhaust. Mercedes are a bit more sedate than that to my mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Nice car, but still think red on Mercs is wrong, even though this is not the worst example and it's a nicer, subdued red. I was thinking more of a Ferrari style red. I can't quite explain it, maybe it's because it's a color of passion, it that should be on something that spits and pops flames out of the exhaust. Mercedes are a bit more sedate than that to my mind...

I have to agree here. I have never thought of Mercs that way (I owned an E200 previously) but yes, red isn't the color for them.
    Red is a difficult color for most cars however - it's rare to find a nice "run of the mill" red car.
    Ford does a nice red in the new mondeo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

I too tend to subscribe to 'anything but red' for a Mercedes. Perhaps the old R107 SL (a la Bobby Ewing) was the last Merc to look good in red. The last saloon was probably the W123.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

mb1725 wrote: »
    I too tend to subscribe to 'anything but red' for a Mercedes. Perhaps the old R107 SL (a la Bobby Ewing) was the last Merc to look good in red. The last saloon was probably the W123.

+1

Only colour to have it in.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

mb1725 wrote: »

Actually the W123 is the very reason I susbscribe to the "anything but red" argument for Mercs.
    They look good in blue, silver and even white, except the coupé. Again, red is a color of passion and excitement. The W123's were excellent cars and I love them to bits, but passion and excitement are not two things I would associate with them and that's why they always looked wrong in red. Or can anyone imagine a gullwing or fintail in red?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Cardinal Red on the current C63/C63S looks great, but as mentioned previously, it's not that Ferrari type red...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

You'd think its sedate but youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu'd be wrong! Clarkson's review of that yoke back in the day was one of his finer moments I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

When i said I like some eyecatching colour on Mercedes i was thinking more about supercars than normal C or E class. Would never buy red or yellow S-class unless it's tuned by Carlsson and have their wine colour. But the other way I wouldn't buy silver or black AMG GTS or SLS. That's in my opinion cars which should be visible between other boring black/silver cars and yes i'm driving by silver Mercedes. Here is some red/yellow Mercedes I have seen and I like all of them. The nicest AMG GTS I saw was in blue but didn't upload a photo yet.

And here is some different than everything colour:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

When i said I like some eyecatching colour on Mercedes i was thinking more about supercars than normal C or E class. Would never buy red or yellow S-class unless it's tuned by Carlsson and have their wine colour. But the other way I wouldn't buy silver or black AMG GTS or SLS. That's in my opinion cars which should be visible between other boring black/silver cars and yes i'm driving by silver Mercedes. Here is some red/yellow Mercedes I have seen and I like all of them. The nicest AMG GTS I saw was in blue but didn't upload a photo yet.

And here is some different than everything colour:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Dero

Haven't posted here before, but I couldn't resist posting this...

M4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

OSI wrote: »
    I know they're an animal of a car, and something to dream of owning. But there's something unwittingly dull about the M4 in the flesh.
    The latest round of BMWs all have a very sporty look. This leaves the M models in a position where they don't look too special compared to their lesser counterparts.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Dero

I have to say, this one looked really well in person, despite being a bit grubby on a dreary November day. I should have got a side profile really. The wheels work really well, especially with the ventilated discs (and I wouldn't be a fan of dark wheels generally).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Greedy boards for my car transporter....

20151124_131628%201024x576.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Only a Rolls Royce hearse here in Donnybrook earlier today.

The m3/4 need to be certain colours for them to stand out a bit over the normal non m cars

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

There is a mustard type colour M4 in cork that stands out alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Not the greatest photo, nor is that anything spectacular, but they're not very common, are they?

23254862296_541eb4ecda_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

GvidoR wrote: »
    Not the greatest photo, nor is that anything spectacular, but they're not very common, are they?

[ig]https://farm1.staticflickr.com/711/23254862296_541eb4ecda_b.jpg[/img]

Hopefully not

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Citroen cactus and a nissan juke's b'stard child.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Spotted one the other day too. Weird wheels on them, they looked like R18 but only maybe 4-5 inches wide, like bike wheels.

IMG_20151120_142518.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I see 2 or 3 i3s a week. They're really not worth taking a photo of.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I like seeing this i8s here. Find them very interesting, would love to be able to get up close with one and see how that rear door works because it looks fecking tiny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Spotted one the other day too. Weird wheels on them, they looked like R18 but only maybe 4-5 inches wide, like bike wheels.

Think their designed for economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

smash wrote: »

I've seen about 3 in total. They're more of a city car, and I live in the middle of nowhere. Then again I do about ~2000+ KM a month and still have only seen around 3 till this day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

smash wrote: »

First one i'd ever seen :)
    pippip wrote: »
    Think their designed for economy.

Yeah, figured it was to do with reducing the contact patch to reduce resistance and the large radius would fill the arch and reduce drag.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

GvidoR wrote: »
    but they're not very common, are they?
    I pass at least 4 daily around Donnybrook. This morning I also passed a 152 i8.
    They always remind me of the wheels/tyres on an old Citroen 2CV.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I'm not trying to derail this but what would be the outcome if a child or an old person or a visually impaired person tripped over one of those charging cables. The one on the i3 is all over the gaff.

I'm not trying to derail this but what would be the outcome if a child or an old person or a visually impaired person tripped over one of those charging cables. The one on the i3 is all over the gaff.
    It's like asking if there would be any outcome if they tripped over a petrol pump pipe.

They're generally located away from normal pathways and are clearly marked for all people to see or locate.

EDIT: Ignore I didn't realise it was in reference to the image of the white one charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,950 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

ba_barabus wrote: »
    It's like asking if there would be any outcome if they tripped over a petrol pump pipe.

They're generally located away from normal pathways and are clearly marked for all people to see or locate.
    If I'm walking around a forecourt, I'd expect to meet the odd petrol pump line or two, but if I'm walking down the footpath I'd be fairly pissed off if I tripped over a power lead some lazy so and so left lying about.

It's without a doubt more of a trip hazard than a petrol pump line.

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    It's without a doubt more of a trip hazard than a petrol pump line.
    Opps I didn't realise the white one was hook up in the image, and yet that's a pretty bad cable to be left around. Sorry I had imagined something like you'd see in a garage like a Mayfield in Kildare.

Possible the question is worthy of a thread?

Thread here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=97849267#post97849267

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement