Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today - Part II (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

smash wrote: »
    The latest round of BMWs all have a very sporty look. This leaves the M models in a position where they don't look too special compared to their lesser counterparts.

I would disagree, in the flesh there's a big difference, the flared arches especially, they look nothing like a 320/325/420etc IMO even if they do have a M sport pack.

Colour helps, I do see a Yas Marina Blue M3 around my way regularly & it definitely sticks out. However I also see a black M4 regularly and there is no way it can be/could be confused with a debadged 420

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Looks pretty good to me!

BMW-F82-M4-Yas-Marina-Blue-On-VMR-Wheels-1_zpsmamsbwdp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Whatever way it may or may not look, the M3 and M4 are the best versions of those cars you can get :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I'm not trying to derail this but what would be the outcome if a child or an old person or a visually impaired person tripped over one of those charging cables. The one on the i3 is all over the gaff.

And we have just invented a whole new income stream for injury shysters... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

The i3's never really took off or at least they didn't last year anyway. They're pricey for what they are and are nearly a fashion statement if that makes sense.

Got to drive a few of them and they're very very good. Very quick upto 60mph so great around town, big spacious cabin which has a very airy feeling to it, and they're surprisingly stable even at higher speeds.

There's two models, a fully electric one and an electric one with a small petrol engine for longer range.

If you're not used to electric drive you can end up feeling sometimes nauseous after a few drives, with the acceleration and regen braking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

20151125_001.jpg

20151125_003.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

Spotted this W210 E55 in Cornelscourt at the weekend.
    Cartell says its the real thing, though a UK import.
    They do have a Q-car status, though not as much of a sleeper as the W124 E500 in my mind

sorry, its a W211 (I think the w210 E55 is even more of a Q-car)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

You would pick that up for 5k in the UK that's a w211 btw

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

You would pick that up for 5k in the UK that's a w211 btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Was making terrible progress through Wexford on Monday, finally caught up on the problem. An Avensis towing numerous precariously stacked bales of hay at 50km/h in a 100 zone.

IMG_20151123_132204.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Haven't noticed the i3s around Donnybrook, not yet anyway.

No pics but a e60 M5 touring passed me earlier today in Donnybrook followed by a R8 second layer on a foreign (Saudi? ) reg.

Think the M5 is the rarer beast I'd pic over the two.

Anyone know of any Ferrari testa rossa in Ireland? Colleague thinks he spotted one in Dun Laoghaire recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭waxon-waxoff

jozi wrote: »
    No pics but a e60 M5 touring passed me earlier today in Donnybrook followed by a R8 second layer on a foreign (Saudi? ) reg.

Anyone know of any Ferrari testa rossa in Ireland? Colleague thinks he spotted one in Dun Laoghaire recently.

I seen that R8, its a grey V10.

Theres two Testarossa's going around, one Irish, one Italian. The Irish one goes to a few shows like Terenure.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Nice 456 I spotted this morning

IMG_20151126_060958_zps9odghgaf.jpg

I seen that R8, its a grey V10.

Theres two Testarossa's going around, one Irish, one Italian. The Irish one goes to a few shows like Terenure.

What year are they? Apparently is one like this he spotted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

The Italian one is a 348, similar to Testarossa.
    jozi wrote: »
    What year are they? Apparently is one like this he spotted

That's a 250 Testarossa that sold last year for $40million so I'd guess that your friend saw a replica or something.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/02/04/1957-ferrari-250-testa-rossa-record-39-million/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Nice 456 I spotted this morning

Saw that in the exact spot last Friday. I've seen it there a few times over the last year or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

A Ford Flacon FG XR6 flatbed just drove past me. Like this but in red/wine. Never saw one on Irish roads before.

post-193515-13119012711896132471.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,551 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Was making terrible progress through Wexford on Monday, finally caught up on the problem. An Avensis towing numerous precariously stacked bales of hay at 50km/h in a 100 zone.

http://s1.postimg.org/zbk9yrblr/IMG_20151123_132204.jpg[/Iurl

F3kkin Toyota drivers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭waxon-waxoff

PrettyBoy wrote: »

I know what a Testarossa is, had a poster on my bedroom wall many years ago... I met it in traffic in west Dublin in summer. Very wide but i was a little disappointed. Unlike the F40, when i finally seen one in the metal it looked great.

I actually put a pic of the Italian 348 on here, must be two years ago now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I know what a Testarossa is, had a poster on my bedroom wall many years ago... I met it in traffic in west Dublin in summer. Very wide but i was a little disappointed.

Sure it wasn't a 512tr?

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

I know what a Testarossa is, had a poster on my bedroom wall many years ago... I met it in traffic in west Dublin in summer. Very wide but i was a little disappointed. Unlike the F40, when i finally seen one in the metal it looked great.

I actually put a pic of the Italian 348 on here, must be two years ago now.

Maybe it was a MR2??

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭JamieIsGod

Here's what I saw today:
    22727425593_1f6d47dd2b_b.jpg

stupid question but if that GT3RS is sold why is it sat in the dealership the last month?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭JamieIsGod

AMGer wrote: »
    stupid question but if that GT3RS is sold why is it sat in the dealership the last month?

Honestly, I've got no idea but the purple one they had was collected today apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Maybe waiting 6 weeks for a 161 plate?

Top Dog wrote: »

Possibly the best reply I've ever seen on here :D

PrettyBoy wrote: »

That's a 250 Testarossa that sold last year for $40million so I'd guess that your friend saw a replica or something.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/02/04/1957-ferrari-250-testa-rossa-record-39-million/

Not saying that was it but it was one like it. Anyone know I'd there might be one on the country or if it's a replica

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Saw that in the exact spot last Friday. I've seen it there a few times over the last year or two.

Twas gone when I came back that evening.
    Don't see many around Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Top Dog wrote: »

If that's true, then I just... just... ehh... :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement