Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today - Part II (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭goochy

So is joe duffy dun laoghaire porsche only these days ?

Saw x2 irish reg. Testarossa in my time . Blue 89Rn reg one resprayed red and 91mh red one.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Mac 3

goochy wrote: »
    So is joe duffy dun laoghaire porsche only these days ?

Saw x2 irish reg. Testarossa in my time . Blue 89Rn reg one resprayed red and 91mh red one.

Pic of the Blue one. Taken in 97 in the Phoenix park races.

scan0001-8_zps86999c20.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

11EBE65C-9E6F-4873-81F9-E849ECC90B8A_zpsnv8ih822.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭goochy

couldn't remember if Testarossa was OY or RN REG, I thought it was a lighter blue - maybe its just the light or maybe it was repsrayed another blue and then red ! think Sport and classic and few other places had it for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

goochy wrote: »
    couldn't remember if Testarossa was OY or RN REG, I thought it was a lighter blue - maybe its just the light or maybe it was repsrayed another blue and then red ! think Sport and classic and few other places had it for sale.

Same one, looks darker in that picture but it was the one that was for sale a few years back before it was resprayed red. Used to belong to someone from Pink Floyd apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Same one, looks darker in that picture but it was the one that was for sale a few years back before it was resprayed red. Used to belong to someone from Pink Floyd apparently.

It would be a rare colour so respraying it was a very bad idea. Especially if it had that history.

smash wrote: »
    It would be a rare colour so respraying it was a very bad idea. Especially if it had that history.

It was for sale for a long time - think it was around the time the recession hit too and not many people were interested in buying an old blue Ferrari. Someone eventually bought it after it was resprayed and it's probably worth at least double the price that they paid for it now :)

It was for sale for a long time - think it was around the time the recession hit too and not many people were interested in buying an old blue Ferrari. Someone eventually bought it after it was resprayed and it's probably worth at least double the price that they paid for it now :)
    It probably would have sold in the UK a lot quicker.

It probably would have sold in the UK a lot quicker.

No VRT rebate scheme was in place at the time so probably wasn't a feasible option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

jozi wrote: »
    Anyone know of any Ferrari testa rossa in Ireland? Colleague thinks he spotted one in Dun Laoghaire recently.

There's a red 91MH one local to me that makes the odd appearance now and again.

Most times I see it refilling at O Neils in Wilkinstown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

I know what a Testarossa is, had a poster on my bedroom wall many years ago... I met it in traffic in west Dublin in summer. Very wide but i was a little disappointed. Unlike the F40, when i finally seen one in the metal it looked great.

I actually put a pic of the Italian 348 on here, must be two years ago now.

I'm aware of at least one in Ireland. I've seen the MH one a couple of times and it turns up at Ferrari OC events. While it's a great car, the design hasn't aged well unlike other Ferraris of the era.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Tropheus wrote: »
    I'm aware of at least one in Ireland. I've seen the MH one a couple of times and it turns up at Ferrari OC events. While it's a great car, the design hasn't aged well unlike other Ferraris of the era.

There's also this one...;)

http://www.mywheels.ie/free-car-check-report/?VRN=89oy2215

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

There's a Testarossa often sitting outside a house in Carrkickines/Foxrock, so that may be the one spotted in Dun Laoghaire.

hi5 wrote: »
    So 89-OY-2215 and 89-OY-2222 were both Blue Testarossa's... And both still classified as blue by the VRO so neither resprayed as mentioned earlier.

Someone in Offaly was living it up in the 80's :D

Found a pic of the red one:
    19437881882_8a840353e3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Mac 3

Another Testarossa at C&C Limerick earlier this year.

2x4gvgw4_zpsrjikrdra.png

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Those wheels look terrible on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Those wheels look terrible on it!

Money can't buy class. ;)

So 89-OY-2215 and 89-OY-2222 were both Blue Testarossa's... And both still classified as blue by the VRO so neither resprayed as mentioned earlier.

That's very odd..have only seen the 2222 one which is definitely red now. Hi5, have you seen the one with the 2215 reg?

There's another red Testarossa that's sat in the Mondello museum for as long as I can remember, think it's still there. Probably at least 6 or 7 in the the South and a few more up North.

xqe5qf.jpg
    2mq54bd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I'll just post this here...(it's a great channel)

That's very odd..have only seen the 2222 one which is definitely red now. Hi5, have you seen the one with the 2215 reg?
    QUOTE]

No I've never seen it, I suspect its the same car as 2222, which was probably a reserved number and the VRO cocked it up by issued the next number in sequence and never removed it , just guessing?

• Advertisement

hi5 wrote: »
    No I've never seen it, I suspect its the same car as 2222, which was probably a reserved number and the VRO cocked it up by issued the next number in sequence and never removed it , just guessing?
    That would be very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭NickDunne

33d8qjq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I'll just post this here...(it's a great channel)

Sonny Crockett eat your heart out !!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

NickDunne wrote: »
    33d8qjq.jpg

I really hope this is photoshopped :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

The MX-5-A10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

I really hope this is photoshopped :confused:

Nope, I actually saw that car the other day

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Nope, I actually saw that car the other day

I often see it around Carlow, it breaks the monotony:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Those are all testarosa, what my colleague claims to have seen was a testa rossa. Look it up, different car altogether and very surprised if it was a real one which is why in wondering if anyone knows anything about it?

I'll ask him about it again when I see him and tell him to get a picture

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

jozi wrote: »
    Those are all testarosa, what my colleague claims to have seen was a testa rossa. Look it up, different car altogether and very surprised if it was a real one which is why in wondering if anyone knows anything about it?

I'll ask him about it again when I see him and tell him to get a picture

88OY2222 has been exported and now red

88OY2215 never existed so as said earlier must have been a clerical error

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

That's not the model he spotted.

Testarossa
    ferrari-testarossa-05.jpg

Testa rossa
    article-2548337-1B0DF83300000578-681_634x370.jpg

The latter above is what he claims to have seen, much more expensive and many times rarer which is why I'm doubting it's real if there's one around Dublin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement