Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today - Part II (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

dharn wrote: »
    right hand drive ? where is it from with that reg

OU is a identifier for Hampshire in UK if I know.

Nice spot - I'd love to see that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

thanks guys, the small plate confused me a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Going back to the FF. There already is one in the republic. I know someone who spotted a grey 12 reg outside the merrion hotel a few weeks ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Saw a 2011 Audi A8 L this morning on the quays. Was driving so no time to take a photo.

Reminded me of Top Gear when they were talking about the Chinese cars and that the most important factor for them is leg room in the back, as a result longer versions of cars were built with the L after the model.

Nearly all the luxobarges come in long wheelbase versions, the ones in China are oddities in that they're stretched versions of mid-sizers like the A6. Must look weird, bit like the current Skoda Suberb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

611996.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

God could you imagine the boot space.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

RR Evoque.... Not so sure about this ..

516078c5.jpg

2348df1a.jpg

86bf1aa2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Awesome colour on that evoque.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Chriscl1 wrote: »
    Awesome colour on that evoque.

Tis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Nice machine in that colour, I'd still say "poor man's RR" if I saw one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

staker wrote: »
    Nice machine in that colour, I'd still say "poor man's RR" if I saw one though.

I completely disagree. Just because its the cheapest doesnt mean its the "poor mans" range rover. It is without doubt the best looking range rover so if someone buys this they are buying with their eyes and taste rather than buying a car because its expensive.

A boxter is a poor mans 911 because they look so similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Hogzy wrote: »
    I completely disagree. Just because its the cheapest doesnt mean its the "poor mans" range rover. It is without doubt the best looking range rover so if someone buys this they are buying with their eyes and taste rather than buying a car because its expensive.

A boxter is a poor mans 911 because they look so similar.

And I disagree that the Boxster is a poor mans 911, it was targeted at a totally different market, entry level in the spirit of the 924 to get people into the Porsche brand early. You could argue that the car helped to keep the out of receivership, although Porsche is doing well now, it nearly went to the wall a couple of times in the 1990's.

The only thing is that they never built it like the original concept from the early 90's, I saw it in the flesh and it was much better proportioned, I think they only changed the shape to suit some impact legislation in the US.

boxster_concept_06.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

bijapos wrote: »
    boxster_concept_06.jpg

As ugly as the boxter is, that's worse IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Saw an FJ today finally in Ireland, but dont know how to upload a picture without having it as a link. Any way around this? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

20120220090039.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Rik - Did you let him overtake you just so he wouldn't think that he wasted a pile of money? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

@stealthyspeeder, did you see that Ferrari in Belfast?
    Pique wrote: »
    As ugly as the boxter is, that's worse IMO.
    Boxters, truly hideous things :rolleyes:

2013_porsche_boxster_actf34_ns_105121_717.jpg
    2013-porsche-boxster-12_6533.jpg
    0911_06_z+2011_porsche_boxster_spyder+profile.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

shortys94 wrote: »
    Saw an FJ today finally in Ireland, but dont know how to upload a picture without having it as a link. Any way around this? :P

An FJ cruiser?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

Rik - Did you let him overtake you just so he wouldn't think that he wasted a pile of money? ;)

I would say a 458 wouldnt have too much difficulty dispatching a 1st gen RS6 if the owner had less common sense and more balls! However, I overtook him as he was driving sloooooooow!

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    @stealthyspeeder, did you see that Ferrari in Belfast?

Yes, saw it twice that day, once in the morning in the east side then saw it again in the evening in on the west side. Have you seen it there as well? (I think I know who owns it!)

• Advertisement

Yes, saw it twice that day, once in the morning in the east side then saw it again in the evening in on the west side. Have you seen it there as well? (I think I know who owns it!)

Saw a red one in Belfast around New Years, didn't catch the plate though so not sure if it's the same one you saw, I know there are a few knocking around up there..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Yea a Toyota FJ cruiser

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

A Ferrari in Roscommon town. Not the usual thing you see.

418914_10150598429078682_698008681_9389533_1525597174_n.jpg

86-KE reg. Unfortunatly, he opted for the machine wash.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭rob180

Marlow wrote: »
    A Ferrari in Roscommon town. Not the usual thing you see.

418914_10150598429078682_698008681_9389533_1525597174_n.jpg

86-KE reg. Unfortunatly, he opted for the machine wash.

/M

If that's a real Ferrari( MR2 ) , i personally wouldn't put it through a machine wash, jet wash yes.

rob180 wrote: »
    If that's a real Ferrari( MR2 ) , i personally wouldn't put it through a machine wash, jet wash yes.

It's a real 328.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    It's a real 328.

Someone of that stupidity doesnt deserve to own a Ferrari.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

rob180 wrote: »

It unfortunatly is. And there's an attended carwash just down the road.

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

How can you tell if its a real 328 or just a mr2 ferrari replica ?

How can you tell if its a real 328 or just a mr2 ferrari replica ?

Do you assume all Ferrari's are MR2 replicas?

• Advertisement

shortys94 wrote: »

Click on attachments when typing a post :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement