Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today - Part II (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I'll never understand the allure of the white car, particularly in Ireland.You might as well just write Hotpoint down the side of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

It's the ex-press fleet one, so has been ragged by every motor journalist in the country

I thought that alright! At least the engine has been broken in :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I thought that alright! At least the engine has been broken in :P

Great car in fairness, you should be able to get a fair amount off because of it's early traumatic life :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

It's the ex-press fleet one, so has been ragged by every motor journalist in the country

A mate of mine who is a motor journalist had that car for a week. He had it at a C&C's a month or 2 back and he brought me for a spin in it......very quick car. I really liked it, probably the only Renault I would buy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

dahamsta wrote: »
    I'll never understand the allure of the white car, particularly in Ireland.You might as well just write Hotpoint down the side of it.

I thought hotpoint were the one manufacturer that produces a decent selection of non-white products where all the other manufacturers tend to make exclusively white ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

This Renault was on C&C on December 2011 :)

89241407.jpg

By the way, yesterday saw 01-D Silver Ferrari 550 beside NCT Centre on Tallaght. I wanted to take a photo but i was stressed enough and i was in bad form :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

any luck with tracing the guy that damaged your car marcinek ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

A few I found on my phone
    img1804hx.jpg

img1800a.jpg

img1442ct.jpg

img1312zn.jpg

dharn wrote: »
    any luck with tracing the guy that damaged your car marcinek ??

No... no news...

Went to Garda on friday and gave them all details, they ask me for few more documents and said i will have a phone call in few days... Nothing until now. Went there again on tuesday with all documents (tax, nct, insurance certificat). Man said that he won't accept nct because he need nct certificate. Unfortunately i bought car with nct done and i have only disc so i drive to nct center to get it. Girl on desk told me i have to fill some stupid form that i lost it... i try to explain her that i didn't lost it.. i never get it. She don't care - if i want it, i have to fill it and send it by post with 12.70 fee. Took the form and throw it out. I will not pay for it and if garda don't accept my disc i will take it out of my windscreen as well. I can't understand why he can't accept it :| Somehow i get receipt from garda. So happy enough go to AXA office. And now another suprise, i can't make a claim in office i have to make a phone call... i wanted to ask man what is he doing there for 8 hours a day if he can't help me now... So i made a phone call but they can't do nothing more than fix it from my policy. I said it's fine but how it's work now... Answer: we can fix it from your policy but you have to pay 500e or 400e if you use axa garage and you loose 10% of your "no claim discount". I told man i have full insurance even my "no claim %" are insured. He checked it again: yes but it doesn't change anything you still have to pay 500e or 400e if you use axa garage ( i wanted to tell him "fuc* the axa garage if i have to pay 500e... i will send car to Stuttgart to mercedes factory"). I asked him what if garda gonna catch him but he will have no insurance what's realy possible on 97 micra... axa: then we will fix your car and you won't loose any "no claim discount" but u still have to pay 500e.... bla bla bla... that was too much and i disconnect. I don't know what i'm paying money for if i can't do anything.. Everything looks perfect until something happens. I don't think i can rely on garda so i have 2 option:
    1. fix it on my own - pay 400-500e for re-spray or
    2. claim it and pay 500e or 400e if i use(...) and lost 10% no claim discount...
    Option 1 is better, faster and easier for me so now i have to save few euros and just do it. I leave it like that for a moment as i'm going on holidays on sunday and i don't want to care about it when i'm away :)

Suc*er who did it to me: Green Nissan Micra 97-D-67417

Something what's not OT: i will go on holidays on sunday so new photos from me in 12 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

For sale in the same room are an Aventador, an Enzo and a RR Phantom. Probably the only place in the world it would happen.

6114812575_33d54595d1.jpg
    6114815587_32f9bee998.jpg

Shelby GT500E, Koenigseeg CCXR, Bugatti Veyron. And that was just 3 of their stock.

• Advertisement

smash it's still nothing... :) Check carugati.ch (Geneva, Switzerland) - 3 pagani including huayra... Another is amian-cars.com (Hurth Germany) they have lots of very rare cars for sale and the best of the best autosalon-singen.de (Singen, Germany)... but nothing will never be better than view of that cars on street, little bit dirty parked between "normal" cars.

Red Lotus on Tallaght Square few minutes ago - anyone from here ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

It reminds me of this scene

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Carstuck wrote: »
    See this around a good bit but never got a chance to take a photo until today. Stunning looking car, crappy photo!

Around Galway ?
    Man said that he won't accept nct because he need nct certificate. Unfortunately i bought car with nct done and i have only disc so i drive to nct center to get it. Girl on desk told me i have to fill some stupid form that i lost it... i try to explain her that i didn't lost it.. i never get it. She don't care - if i want it, i have to fill it and send it by post with 12.70 fee. Took the form and throw it out. I will not pay for it and if garda don't accept my disc i will take it out of my windscreen as well. I can't understand why he can't accept it

You will be in trouble there. The garda can at any time require you to produce the full certificate and otherwise fine you for not doing so. That would cost you a lot more. I had the same problem with a car, where I didn't get the certificate from the previous owner and had to send away to get a duplicate made.

It be wise either to get the cert from the previous owner or get a duplicate sorted. Otherwise, you may be in trouble at a checkpoint some time.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Carstuck

Marlow wrote: »
    Around Galway ?

/M

Yeah in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Carstuck wrote: »
    Yeah in Galway.

Saw that one myself last weekend in Salthill.

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

smash it's still nothing... :) Check carugati.ch (Geneva, Switzerland) - 3 pagani including huayra...

CCXR edition... One of six in the world! full stock here http://cohencunild.com/Motorcars/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

In Kildare yesterday...

image003zd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

Saw a white 11 W M5 in cork last night no pic as i was driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Hard to believe it's a 10 year old car. I always liked those SL's, thought they were a great looking car when they came out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

A black SL AMG v12 biturbo lurks around Newry, I may get a pic of it next time I'm in the area :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Here's an X-Type Jaaaag trying to get back to its Ford Mondeo roots....

24fmpg0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

dgt wrote: »
    A black SL AMG v12 biturbo lurks around Newry, I may get a pic of it next time I'm in the area :)

Saw michael flatley driving a silver one last year in cork,hope to see it again to get a pic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

In Kildare yesterday...

Was looking at it in Newbridge today. Its in fantastic condition....take off the plates and no way you'd say its 02.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

Wanted to post this in the Obnoxious Parking thread but it also qualifies here. Outside my office yesterday.

img2012041800907.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Here's an X-Type Jaaaag trying to get back to its Ford Mondeo roots....

24fmpg0.jpg

It's ok, 'cause he's got a Jaaaag :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Wanted to post this in the Obnoxious Parking thread but it also qualifies here. Outside my office yesterday.

Do miss that thread :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Damokc

Do miss that thread :(

Whats was the main reason for its demise?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Damokc wrote: »
    Whats was the main reason for its demise?

I cant remember for sure now but think it had something to do with the constant arguing on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

Terrible picture, taken from my dashcam on the M50. Image rescaled for comfortable viewing.

BMW B5 Alpina (confirmed by carzone). 500+ bhp, <5s 0-100km/h. Serious sleeper of a car if you debadged. Anyone any idea of the pricetag in something like that?

alpinaz.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Current price for 05-06 seems to be 30-35k

New, cost was (as far as I can find out) €78k for the base with €30k in optional extras

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement