Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today - Part II (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

E39MSport wrote: »
    smash wrote: »
    It's a sad state of affairs compared to a few years ago when this thread now consists mostly of people holiday photos and the likes of an A7, a 9yr old XK8 or a Phaeton.

this recession sucks :(

Disgaree.

Good riddance to the days of people driving cars they can't afford on credit.

More cash is King Phaetons, M5's and the like :)

Have to disagree with you there mate. All these high end motors that were bought on credit will mean a good supply of second hand exotica that can be got at bargain prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

It's a sad state of affairs compared to a few years ago when this thread now consists mostly of people holiday photos and the likes of an A7, a 9yr old XK8 or a Phaeton.

this recession sucks :(

You young whippersnappers thought the bubble was the new norm, it never was. Believe it or not, the standard of motors on the roads is still a lot better than in the 1980s or early 1990s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

An (ahem !! cough cough! ) AMG with a roof rack and a towbar. What in jesus christ is the world coming to?

290520121509.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

maybe it is just using borrowed badges otherwise it could be owned by a travell..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

090520121490.jpg

090520121489.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Anyone else spot where that RS5 is parked, check out the pillar to the LHS of the first picture

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Mr Magners wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Anyone else spot where that RS5 is parked, check out the pillar to the LHS of the first picture

Spotted that as well but thought of being pedantic and saying "It's not an A5 per se" :p (Oh well, I just said it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

E39MSport wrote: »
    Disgaree.

Good riddance to the days of people driving cars they can't afford on credit.

More cash is King Phaetons, M5's and the like :)

I don't want to take it off topic, but the Phaeton was a uk reg, M5s are cheap as chips these days, and there's nothing to say any of the cars ever posted on this thread both now or years ago were bought with borrowed money :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

its not an amg though no twin tail pipes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

CianRyan wrote: »
    Yes for buying but no for car spotting.

That's true. Few years ago when i went for car spotting to Dublin city centre there was always something nice like Ferrari or Aston Martin. Now there is a lot of S-Class or BMW 5er. There is few supercars always parked in the same place: Audi R8 on Naas road oposite BMW Garage, White 10D Maserati GranTurismo in Grand Canal Quay and Ferrari 599 in the parking oposite US Embassy but how many times can i take picture of the same car in the same location. I don't know why owners of supercars are not driving by them as often as few years ago. This is why i post pictures from my holidays :)

Btw u can spot some Irish supercars when you are on holidays:

Photo taken in Spain (not my photo):
    14121180.jpg

As big fan of AMG i have to say that S-Class few post back is not AMG... it's only S500.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

For the record, I hate the holiday snaps. I'm only interested in seeing cool cars on Irish roads here, that's why I'm not subbed to the thread.

Cool cars are ten a penny elsewhere, if I want to look at pics of them I can go to supercars.net, and get better quality to boot.

The only exception would be really, really rare stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

That slr was on the cannonball 2 years ago so he gets around!

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭kuro2k

Fiat Barchetta in Cork

fiat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

kuro2k wrote: »
    Fiat Barchetta in Cork

fiat.jpg

For some reason I love those little cars plus the Suzuki Cappuccino, especially when they've a sizeable spoiler stuck on the rear. Reminds me of those little toy cars when I was a kid that you would pull back and release and there was a little slot where you would stick in a penny to make them wheelie all over the place.

Cute little things! :)

(Fcuked if I'ld be seen dead or alive in one mind ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    For some reason I love those little cars plus the Suzuki Cappuccino, especially when they've a sizeable spoiler stuck on the rear.

Always wanted a little Honda beat, for the craic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 AJ21

img3419d.jpg

img3421p.jpg

img3420nh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

kwalshe wrote: »
    An (ahem !! cough cough! ) AMG with a roof rack and a towbar. What in jesus christ is the world coming to?

290520121509.jpg

Is that an e30 M3 to the left? (looks to be on 18" alpina's)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

HungryJoey wrote: »
    Is that an e30 M3 to the left? (looks to be on 18" alpina's)

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

7321115472_10f3896474.jpg

dahamsta wrote: »
    For the record, I hate the holiday snaps. I'm only interested in seeing cool cars on Irish roads here, that's why I'm not subbed to the thread.

Cool cars are ten a penny elsewhere, if I want to look at pics of them I can go to supercars.net, and get better quality to boot.

The only exception would be really, really rare stuff.

Personally I like the mix of both. Certainly wouldn't want the thread to be purely holiday snaps.

• Advertisement

That's true. Few years ago when i went for car spotting to Dublin city centre there was always something nice like Ferrari or Aston Martin. Now there is a lot of S-Class or BMW 5er. There is few supercars always parked in the same place: Audi R8 on Naas road oposite BMW Garage, White 10D Maserati GranTurismo in Grand Canal Quay and Ferrari 599 in the parking oposite US Embassy but how many times can i take picture of the same car in the same location. I don't know why owners of supercars are not driving by them as often as few years ago. This is why i post pictures from my holidays :)

There are at least two 599's in the Ballsbridge area - one is the one you've mentioned, the other I regularly see driven into town by a well known businessman who is known to collect Ferraris. In the past few weeks, I've spied a yellow Northern Irish registered 355 (definitely not a replica, I can always tell from the engine sound) on the quays, and a gorgeous nearly new 458 (UK or NI registered) in Ballsbridge. Also have seen an Irish registered R8 on numerous occasions in the same area. Was in a taxi the other day behind a 2003 Irish registered 911 Turbo.

I won't deny the number of exotica on the roads in Ireland has declined in recent years, but if you keep your eyes open there are still a few around. At the risk of repeating myself, for us old timer carspotters the situation is still a lot better than 15/20 years ago!

and there's nothing to say any of the cars ever posted on this thread both now or years ago were bought with borrowed money :rolleyes:

A huge % of them were bought by property developers. So, yes they were bought either on borrowed money and/or by people living unsustainable lifestyles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

And for those remaining who have shed loads of money (and there's plenty of them), it's just not a good time to be swanning around in brand new Astons.

TBH I'd say there are less supercars on the roads because crass consumerism itself has gone out of fashion at the moment.

AltAccount wrote: »
    And for those remaining who have shed loads of money (and there's plenty of them), it's just not a good time to be swanning around in brand new Astons.

TBH I'd say there are less supercars on the roads because crass consumerism itself has gone out of fashion at the moment.

That is a factor as well for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

57c84c64.jpg
    e47ecda4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

^^^^^^^

Looks like loads of empty seats there, is it just because it was early in the day?

16da3e58.jpg

35243d94.jpg

Mr Magners wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^

Looks like loads of empty seats there, is it just because it was early in the day?

Yeah that was early. It's not great tbh. Badly organised and loads of people standing on the seats when there is no need to. The mclaren f1 car was bloody amazing though.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement