Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today - Part II (Please read the rules before posting)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

Let me know if you will have that meeting again :) Some lovely machines there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Let me know if you will have that meeting again :) Some lovely machines there :)

Won't be on for another year unfortunately but Terenure Classic Car Show is on July 8th. ;)

Had to tilt the dashboard camera to catch it , a 1985 Daimler DS420 (otherwise known as "the wedding car") on the M50 this morning.
    209168.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

Sacramento wrote: »
    Had to tilt the dashboard camera to catch it , a 1985 Daimler DS420 (otherwise known as "the wedding car") on the M50 this morning.

I saw that on the M50 this evening too. It's an ugly bastard. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

That green station wagon with the whitewalls is only gorgeous, what is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

[IMG][/img]picture.php?albumid=1366&pictureid=13100

Unlike the '600' taxi that's doing the rounds. Excuse the Hiace. Spotted on the Dublin quays today. The best exhaust note i've heard in a while and it was bearly moving!

This is water. Inspiring speech by David Foster Wallace https://youtu.be/DCbGM4mqEVw?si=GS5uDvegp6Er1EOG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,403 ✭✭✭ofcork

No wonder with a 5.5 litre twin turbo V12 under the bonnet!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

hoodie6029 wrote: »
    [IMG][/img]picture.php?albumid=1366&pictureid=13100

Unlike the '600' taxi that's doing the rounds. Excuse the Hiace. Spotted on the Dublin quays today. The best exhaust note i've heard in a while and it was bearly moving!

I know that car. It's owned by a guy around the corner from me. Nice car with some noise but it doesn't move much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

^^ the picture of the building site is almost as rare as the Benz these days! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

mb1725 wrote: »
    ^^ the picture of the building site is almost as rare as the Benz these days! :D

completely intentional of course :D

This is water. Inspiring speech by David Foster Wallace https://youtu.be/DCbGM4mqEVw?si=GS5uDvegp6Er1EOG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Bristol in Blackrock just now. I had a look around the showroom in London a few years back, a truly awful way to spend a large sum of money.

93fc1a7c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

obscene money for some bristols's.

This is parked outside my mother-in-law's house on a regular basis. It's a '95, so according to the Alpina website it's either a (4WD) 525ix brought out to 3l, a tuned 540i, or a 540i brought out to 4.6l. It's a pity I didn't catch the alloys, they're gorgeous, and the track is terrifying. Even the roof bars are cool. :)

e34-alpina.jpg?m=1340019391

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

mailforkev wrote: »
    Bristol in Blackrock just now. I had a look around the showroom in London a few years back, a truly awful way to spend a large sum of money.

93fc1a7c.jpg

Freaky. For no particular reason I was looking at Bristols on a Uk website just last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

dahamsta wrote: »
    This is parked outside my mother-in-law's house on a regular basis. It's a '95, so according to the Alpina website it's either a (4WD) 525ix brought out to 3l, a tuned 540i, or a 540i brought out to 4.6l. It's a pity I didn't catch the alloys, they're gorgeous, and the track is terrifying. Even the roof bars are cool. :)

e34-alpina.jpg?m=1340019391

It's not a 525ix anyway, they were all LHD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

True. AFAIK, only mainland Europe ever got 4WD BMWs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Handy enough way to find out - check the tax disc next time it's parked there. ;)

I've seen that Bristol before in the flesh in Ranelagh - in fact I'm pretty sure I posted it here about a year back. A bit of an abortion of a yoke but you have to apreciate it for what it is all the same.

johnb850 (and his 525ix) would beg to differ:

http://www.bmw-driver.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22801

Must have a nose off the tax disc next time, hadn't thought of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

http://www.bmw-driver.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22801

Learn something new everyday!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

You might like my side project..
    Within the next two weeks Ill get back my E34 Touring, manual, Fjord Grey with a 3.2 M3 Evo engine dropped into it. Have an cream leather two tone M5 seats for it too. It also has the rare double roof option and ACS Wheels. SE body with only very mild lowering though, keeping this one Q.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

There's a manual 525iX E34 Touring manual around Dublin, that was brought in from London the year before last year. I was very tempted, when that came up for sale. I had bought my Audi 200 Avant Quattro shortly before that and had passed up the one that JohnB850 then bought because it was auto.
    True. AFAIK, only mainland Europe ever got 4WD BMWs.

There's the odd 800 E34 iX RHD build. That's about it. It's true that all the current iX models are LHD only, but the E34 was the pre-decessor to the X5, only came as 525 petrol and exists in RHD, even though very much in limited amounts.

/M

I've seen an E34 ix Touring RHD in Dublin, up around Sandyford recently.

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    I've seen an E34 ix Touring RHD in Dublin, up around Sandyford recently.

This one ?

431295_10150614970383682_1505960471_n.jpg

He's also been to the Cherrywood C&C in March. That's the one I'm talking about. I was very tempted to buy that, when it came up in London, but didn't because I just bought the Audi then.

/M

Marlow wrote: »
    A sort of grey one ? He's also been to the C&C once. That's the one I'm talking about. I was very tempted to buy that, when it came up in London, but didn't because I just bought the Audi then.

/M

Pretty sure it was grey now you come to mention it. Wasn't all that tidy but I saw the 'ix' and had to check it up once I got home. Never knew about it before then.

Pretty sure it was grey now you come to mention it. Wasn't all that tidy but I saw the 'ix' and had to check it up once I got home. Never knew about it before then.

I edited the post above. Dunno why I thought it was grey. Probably because of the grey leather interiour :) And yes, it isn't the tidiest car, but it's mechanically very sound. The owner replaced all shocks (avail OEM only) and springs I think, too. Fixed a good few other bits, NCT'd it and VRT'd it. So it has a good bit money spend on.

/M

Matt Simis wrote: »
    You might like my side project..
    Within the next two weeks Ill get back my E34 Touring, manual, Fjord Grey with a 3.2 M3 Evo engine dropped into it. Have an cream leather two tone M5 seats for it too. It also has the rare double roof option and ACS Wheels. SE body with only very mild lowering though, keeping this one Q.

Nice. Why an M3 motor though? Seems like an odd choice.

I don't think I've seen a project of yours that I don't like, I'm only jealous of your resources, particularly storage -- I have 2 in the drive at the moment, the poor wife's e39 touring has been forced out onto the street. :)

Is it wrong for one of your goals in life to be: Barn Ownership?

Marlow wrote: »
    I edited the post above. Dunno why I thought it was grey. Probably because of the grey leather interiour :) And yes, it isn't the tidiest car, but it's mechanically very sound. The owner replaced all shocks (avail OEM only) and springs I think, too. Fixed a good few other bits, NCT'd it and VRT'd it. So it has a good bit money spend on.

/M

That's the one - without doubt!

That's the one - without doubt!

The majority of the RHD ones were saloon. It's only by chance, that about 4 Tourings have been up for sale over the last 3 years. 3 of them where auto. That's the only manual I came about. Still regret not buying it.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

Lads that's 15 posts and 1 pic about a bleedin' BMW 5 series. I think we all get the idea now,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement