Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today - Part II (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

And a bit of offroading material
    421049_10151262558413682_1074836745_n.jpg

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

OSI wrote: »
    Is that an old or new model A3? Looks like an old, but hoping no-one was that ridiculous.

Old with the Prestige Pack. You'd be mad not to specify €8,000 + of extra's for €500!

S-Line Exterior Pack, 18" Rotor Alloys, Leather/Alcantara Sports Seats, Black Styling Pack, Tinter Rear Windows and the BOSE Sound system.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Marlow wrote: »
    And a bit of offroading material
    421049_10151262558413682_1074836745_n.jpg

/M
    Were you talking to the Pathfinder (Navara?) owner at all? I'm loving the discreetly mounted winch on the front! :cool:

Top Dog wrote: »
    Were you talking to the Pathfinder (Navara?) owner at all? I'm loving the discreetly mounted winch on the front! :cool:

No. But he's a regular at the Cherrywood C&C.

The only issue I'd see with that is how to get to the clutch release. It's a nice setup he has with the car though.

Here's a picture from June.
    562152_10150892313823682_1385973444_n.jpg

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

R.O.R wrote: »
    Old with the Prestige Pack. You'd be mad not to specify €8,000 + of extra's for €500!

S-Line Exterior Pack, 18" Rotor Alloys, Leather/Alcantara Sports Seats, Black Styling Pack, Tinter Rear Windows and the BOSE Sound system.

Wow, not bad for €500. Is the A3 yours?

• Advertisement

No. But he's a regular at the Cherrywood C&C.

The only issue I'd see with that is how to get to the clutch release. It's a nice setup he has with the car though.

Here's a picture from June.
    Tis a long way for me to travel on the off-chance he might be there next time :pac:

I'm wondering though - in the pic from June there's no cutting of the bottom of the grille for the control box, but in your pic from yesterday it's clearly been chopped. :confused:

As for the clutch release - can they be quick fit? pop off the numberplate, insert handle & twist maybe?

Top Dog wrote: »
    I'm wondering though - in the pic from June there's no cutting of the bottom of the grille for the control box, but in your pic from yesterday it's clearly been chopped. :confused:

As for the clutch release - can they be quick fit? pop off the numberplate, insert handle & twist maybe?

It looks like he's done a bit more modifications to it since then alright, as the bottom of the grille and the chome surround is chopped and something in there.

Sure, I'll have a closer look, I'm around next time. I tend to be at most of'em.

/M

It looks like he's done a bit more modifications to it since then alright, as the bottom of the grille and the chome surround is chopped and something in there.

Sure, I'll have a closer look, I'm around next time. I tend to be at most of'em.
    I'd bet money that its the control box now mounted on top of the winch ;)

Though I'm now curious about the clutch handle since you mentioned it.

So, your mission, should you choose to accept it ... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Hogzy wrote: »
    Wow, not bad for €500. Is the A3 yours?

No, but I've a White one on order for a customer, and supplied one the same as that last year. Driver was rather pleased when he turned up as his order was for a standard SE model :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

R.O.R wrote: »

It is pretty much 99.8% fitment! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Yeh, the firebird has a fantastic paint job ... lovely looking car. It looked like you could have eaten your breakfast off the Cobras engine .... very nice car too...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

I fricken forgot that the C&C in Cherrywood. Pity Octane is down, that used to be my reminder.

Did any of you notice a reduction in numbers as a result of octane being down?

Love the cobra, I know a guy who has built a kit that looks the spit of that, same guy has a Porsche Speedster cab kit.

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    I fricken forgot that the C&C in Cherrywood. Pity Octane is down, that used to be my reminder.

Did any of you notice a reduction in numbers as a result of octane being down?

Love the cobra, I know a guy who has built a kit that looks the spit of that, same guy has a Porsche Speedster cab kit.

No reduction in numbers. And the reminders are on Pistonheads, Forty Acres, the C&C Facebook Group and well, they're on fixed dates (Cherrywood every 1st sun of the month, Galway every 2nd, Athlone every 3rd, Limerick on the 2nd wednesday eve), so you can just stick'em in your phone on the calendar on a recurring setting and never miss one. There's no excuse for missing out.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Fiona wrote: »
    I saw an Aston Martin DB9 Volante on the mifty today, 08-d-18.
    I went and bought a lotto ticket on my way home :)

Weird enough i work for the bloke who owns this motor, Took me to Cork and back today for business meetings, amazing car. Even more weird was the fact we met another (06) DB9 Volante in green on the way back who wanted a race on the M7... did not get one but never in my years would i thought i would see two DB9's next to each other yet alone be in one.... great day had:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

BrookieD wrote: »
    never in my years would i thought i would see two DB9's next to each other yet alone be in one....

Ok, i wasn't in any of them but:
    14929618.jpg

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

F9BAE249-E9FF-4739-9A7D-D8EFC5C615BF-2370-000003449AE8A58C.jpg

Saw this last weekend in Manchester, money well spent??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

First one I've seen in the wild, not on show, sure is pretty!
    DSC_0067_zpscccdf24f.jpg
    DSC_0068_zps63ab8e8f.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Saw one of these in the Jervis Centre carpark earlier:

[IMG][/img]http://www.carsbase.com/photo/Peugeot-RCZ_mp40_pic_72639.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Not quite today but a few days ago....

You don't often stop at traffic lights beside one of these...

CA2012-2013180.jpg

On the subject of multiple Astons a few posts back, I passed an Aston dealership over the Christmas that must have had 30-40 Astons parked outside:eek: You'd barely see a Toyota garage with that many cars parked outside here.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Dazza Mc kenna

Got to do a photoshoot with a GT86 today :)
    utf-8IMG_4038.jpg
    utf-8IMG_4046.jpg
    utf-8IMG_4040.jpgutf-8IMG_4038.jpg
    utf-8IMG_4070.jpg
    utf-8IMG_4074.jpg
    utf-8IMG_4075.jpgutf-8IMG_4058.jpgutf-8IMG_4056.jpgutf-8IMG_4033.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

can't wait to see the GT86 is some other colours - anything other than that orange knocking around?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

White balance is set way to cold in them pics!

jozi wrote: »
    White balance is set way to cold in them pics!

Bit of a **** up on my part, Still learning... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

It's probably set for Tungsten light, easy fix in photoshop or what ever else you use to edit. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭fletch

Got to do a photoshoot with a GT86 today :)
    Did you travel out the N3 this afternoon? Saw a red gt86 today...looked really well on the road I have to say

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Were are those pics taken if you dont mind me asking?

Were are those pics taken if you dont mind me asking?

Laytown beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Bit of a **** up on my part, Still learning... :o

I'm just jealous I haven't got to shoot a gt86. Drop me a pm if I can help at all with anything (also still learning though).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

cjmcork wrote: »
    can't wait to see the GT86 is some other colours - anything other than that orange knocking around?

Dark grey one lives near me, looks brilliant. Not a fan of the standard wheels though :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

cjmcork wrote: »

There is a grey one up my way....and it seems to be spending most of its early life sideways too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement