Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway to Ashbourne - directions?

Options
  • 19-08-2011 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

Howya,

I'm driving to Ashbourne from Galway city and I can't make up my mind on the best route. There are so many options.

I could drive motorway all of the way M6/M4/M50/M1
    or
    take a left at Maynooth and travel cross country
    or
    take a left at Kilcock and travel cross country.

Any suggestions please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

M6/M4/M50/M2 (Finglas exit) straight into Ahobourne.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

To avoid the M50 toll turn off in Maynooth and go cross country. This is the route I would generally take, however wouldn't get you to Ashbourne as quick but you do get to see some nice countryside. From Maynooth it's fairly handy to get to Ashbourne...aim for Dunboyne, then Ratoath and on to Ashbourne...should be no more than 40 minutes from Maynooth. Dunboyne is by-passed now so there no bottle-neck at the cross-roads in the village. M50 toll is €3 for a car but don't forget to pay it like I did recently because then it doubles!

Advertisement