Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

channel iron for driveway drain, sizes

• 19-08-2011 11:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭

considering using a length of channel iron across the driveway entrance to take the water that runs down the road.

any1 know what size would be suitable for car traffic?

i considered the preformed channel drains with covers but i wont be able to install correctly for a while and would run the risk of cracking them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭johnboy6930

use a 30ton rated concrete water canal .the channel iron would probably do too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

49801 wrote: »
    considering using a length of channel iron across the driveway entrance to take the water that runs down the road.

any1 know what size would be suitable for car traffic?

i considered the preformed channel drains with covers but i wont be able to install correctly for a while and would run the risk of cracking them.

i think the aqua channel you buy is like 4X3 so somthing like that would do,are you going to weld a grid on top like 10mm round bar every 15mm or so??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

use a 30ton rated concrete water canal .the channel iron would probably do too

concrete may work... but not the shallow ones. there can be quite a volume of water running in the drive. As you have to drive up a small incline to the road the water can have quite a bit of speed coming down the drive IYKWIM.
    Dupont wrote: »
    i think the aqua channel you buy is like 4X3 so something like that would do,are you going to weld a grid on top like 10mm round bar every 15mm or so??

Still considering channel iron. but have been told rusty iron will not look right... sigh...not considering having a grating. There are Alot of trees so it will block any way. i want it easy to clear. the outflow will just be running down the hill so the debris wont be blocking anything further down a pipe line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭DanWall

I am looking for drain channel material, I cannot go more than 3 in deep, I was thinking of using galvanized cable trunking and slotting the cover

Advertisement