Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need a girlfriend/help.

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

This is the wrong forum, although its called boards.ie, smug.ie would be a lot more accurate, take your heart and run my friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,199 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Samich, what you SHOULDN'T do is ask out the girl from the local garage. It will transform you into someone who one day needs advice from strangers on the internet, to someone who thinks they're God's gift all of a sudden!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Oscar the grouch

It's too big, it can be an awful burden at times, I guess I'll have to struggle on though, I have to make up for guys like Samich you know.:pac:

My my...how the mighty have fallen,from an AH legend to someone who thinks they can **** on everyone else who have a dilemma similar to one he was crying about not so long ago.......

Sad Really

Shame.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Samich, what you SHOULDN'T do is ask out the girl from the local garage. It will transform you into someone who one day needs advice from strangers on the internet, to someone who thinks they're God's gift all of a sudden!

I totally agree with you 100%!

My my...how the mighty have fallen,from an AH legend to someone who thinks they can **** on everyone else who have a dilemma similar to one he was crying about not so long ago.......

Sad Really

Shame.....

I wonder can I change the title, I don't necessarily want a gf, just be more successful with the ladies in general ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

Banned

Its like shooting fish in a barrell.

Where do all these dickheads come from acting the hard man on the internet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

OP, when you come to After Hours you know what you're getting

There is a very similar post to yours over in Personal Issues if you want some serious reading

And what's with Cill Dara Abu, came here not long ago looking for advice and encouragement on how to find a scrap of courage and now thinks he's God's gift to Ireland :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

I think you lot need to get your sarcasm detectors fixed

mikemac wrote: »
    OP, when you come to After Hours you know what you're getting

There is a very similar post to yours over in Personal Issues if you want some serious reading

And what's with Cill Dara Abu, came here not long ago looking for advice and encouragement on how to find a scrap of courage and now thinks he's God's gift to Ireland :confused:

I know, I could easily not have posted, it's not like I'm depressed or anything, I'm just a normal male who thinks about women alot, don't we all? :P

Thought it might be a good idea for a thread/a good read. While also maybe getting a few tips :)

Samich wrote: »
    I wonder can I change the title, I don't necessarily want a gf, just be more successful with the ladies in general ;)

It's been said over and over and I know it's a cliché at this point, but it REALLY is about confidence!

Also, it's a numbers game. There are the Brad Pitts of the world who the ladies all love. And there are the John Merricks of the world who the ladies wouldnt touch with a barge pole. And the rest of us exist in between. You might be attractove to every 3rd girl, you might be attractive to every 20th girl. Who knows? But unless you're John Merrick you're grand!

Think about it, everyone has a different preference for what features they find attractive. Some girls will find you attractive and others won't! If you approach a girl and get knocked back, so what? You're closer to finding one who will! There's no harm in a girl not finding you attractive. It's natural. if every girl wanted you, you'd know it by now!

• Advertisement

Or you need to get better at being sarcastic

I did read a good post in a PI post about this kinda thing a year ago, aim to get rejected by 30 women :P That's what I was thinking of when I approached the 5 before who rejected me, went off the idea then :P

I did read a good post in a PI post about this kinda thing a year ago, aim to get rejected by 30 women :P That's what I was thinking of when I approached the 5 before who rejected me, went off the idea then :P
    Lol

Or you need to get better at being sarcastic
    I think Sandwich or whatever you call him fancies you, he's thanking all of you're posts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Thanking the helpful posts, have you added any of your own?

I think Sandwich or whatever you call him fancies you, he's thanking all of you're posts

Well I dunno if I can believe you. From seeing you around on Boards you need confirmation from 50 strangers before you're sure someone fancies someone!

mikemac wrote: »
    Thanking the helpful posts, have you added any of your own?
    :rolleyes:

Well its a good idea! Play the numbers game. Id set it at 10! Expect to get knocked back! By the time you get to 10 you'll find a winner. And if you don't, start again at 1 and work your way til 10.

I have mates who are ugly dopes and are d*ckheads to girls. And they pull! There's no way you're anywhere near as bad as these goons I call mates! The trick is, they have a neck like a jockey's ballocks! They can chat away and the reason they can is because they're confident and aren't afraid of being knocked back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭ceez

You need to use more smileys, to get your specific type sarcasm across :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Hahaha..ha.......ha.................................ha.....wow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 fehenry

It's been said over and over and I know it's a cliché at this point, but it REALLY is about confidence!

Also, it's a numbers game. There are the Brad Pitts of the world who the ladies all love. And there are the John Merricks of the world who the ladies wouldnt touch with a barge pole. And the rest of us exist in between. You might be attractove to every 3rd girl, you might be attractive to every 20th girl. Who knows? But unless you're John Merrick you're grand!

Think about it, everyone has a different preference for what features they find attractive. Some girls will find you attractive and others won't! If you approach a girl and get knocked back, so what? You're closer to finding one who will! There's no harm in a girl not finding you attractive. It's natural. if every girl wanted you, you'd know it by now!

That’s sensible thinking.
    Frank Sinatra was once asked how he managed to attract so many glamorous women.
    His reply was that he kept on trying until he found a chick to click with. For every success he had a dozen failures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭snooleen

snooleen wrote: »
    I think Cill Dara Abu is being spiteful because he screwed everything up with Ciara when he was forced to stop accepting the advice of internet folk ;)
    I was forced?

I was joking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

Ok, basically I'm an early 20's fella, absolutely awful with women.

I go out quite regularly but haven't the testicle fortitude to approach women.

I don't have a good body and have never felt a girl has been interested in me.

I have approached a few women before in clubs asking how their night is but most just shrugged me away.

There is a girl I like but don't we well, doesn't mean she likes me. I've met her once, but chat alot on facebook (me always starting the chat). I don't think she likes me, she's just very friendly I think, no hints or anything from her.

Near the end of the club I always feel depressed when I think I'm absolute failure with girls.

What do ye think of telling that one girl? Good/bad idea? Don't want to ruin the friendship or make it awkward, her friend added me on fb aswell, I hadn't met her before.

Or else I need something to take my mind off women as I'm always thinking about it. :)

Firstly, Needing a woman isn't going to get you one.

You say you don't have a good body so I'm guessing you're unhappy with how you look. Do you exercise? If not start! Join a gym or find something you like to do that will improve how you look.

I'm not saying you have to change the way you look to be happy, but it will give you something to focus on and as you improve your fitness you'll gain a lot of confidence.

As for Bookface girl; If I were you I'd say nothing. Make a few lifestyle and attitude changes and impress her with the new you. :)

Advertisement