Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FS: Cranksets

Options
  • 20-08-2011 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I buying a new power based crankset soon and my decision of what type depends on which of the cranksets I have at the moment I can sell and how much I get for them. I will have a surplus of two cranksets, so I only want to sell two of the four listed below. Real life pictures the actual cranksets if requested.

€30 - Shimano Tiagra Double Crankset 52/39 170mm incl. BB: Model FC-4400, includes BB-UN53 British square taper bottom bracket I priced the parts online and they add up to about €100 new, however I realise that this years Tiagra crankset and bottom bracket costs only €100 new so I think €30 seems fair...Photo

€50 - Bontrager Race Double Crankset 53/39 170mm incl. BB: Very similar to this which is priced at $170 except the sqaure taper version of it. Great condition. (I can include an almost new 52t Shimano 105 outer chainring worth over €50 if anyone buys this)

€100 FSA Team Issue Crankset 53/39 170mm incl. MegaExo BB - Same as this, almost new condition, will include the compatible bottom bracket worth €50 with minimal use. Could pass for new, on sale from €432 to €214 on Planet X so I think €100 should do it. You have the option of taking it with a FSA Super Road 52t outer chainring like new worth €67 alone with it instead of the stock ring if you like.

€190 Shimano Dura Ace 7800 Double Crankset 53/39 170mm incl. DA 7900 BB: What can I say, a really lovely crankset worth €400 including the bottom bracket I am throwing in. The chainrings on this alone are worth over €150. The bottom bracket is relatively new, the cranks themselves are in great condition just some marks from heel rub, and while the chainrings have done some mileage there are plenty of miles still left in them yet!

As I said before, I don't want to sell all of the cranksets, ideally two of them. They are all 170mm in length, British thread bottom brackets, 53/39 or 52/39 double cranksets. I am based in Limerick, but often travel. I can also throw them in the post for a few euro if necessary no hassle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭baldshaunieb

I'll offer asking for the tiagra crankset if you will you post it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

Ya I can post it no problem. An Post says €7.50. Are you ok with €35 to cover some of the postage and PayPal fees?

that sounds fine. one other thing, what would your best price be for both the tiagra and bontrager crankset? I might be tempted if you make it worth my while!

The price of both would be 30 + 50 + 20 (postage and paypal fees) = 100
    Best I could do for you would be 80 all included
    Let me know what you think, cheers!

Turns out all i need is the tiagra after all. Noticed you are in limerick, I'm in Kerry, where abouts will you be next weekend, maybe we could arrange to meet and I can pay you in person, cut out paypal altogether and an post lol!

• Advertisement

Ok cool I could do 70 for both if we met up and there was no postage involved.
    In the C.I. racing calendar there is a munster league event scheduled for this Sunday TBC, if that is on I will probably be at that, not sure if I will travel to any of the other races up the country. One thing is for sure I will be in Charleville next weekend 3/4th September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Lawr

I'd be interested in that Bontrager double. Is the BB included?

Lawr wrote: »
    I'd be interested in that Bontrager double. Is the BB included?

Yeah I'll throw in the BB

I am still interested. I am in Corbally. I can meet with you and make the exchange. I am not sure how to revert to a private conversation. I see some people refer to pm-ing each other, but I'm not sure what that means or how to do it. Anyway, I'm free on Saturday if you'd like to make the exchange then. Otherwise, I can meet you in the evening at some point.

I reckon I'll be able to meet you in Charleville that weekend, and I'll take the tiagra crankset off ya. I'll pm you closer to that date and we can arrange to sort out where to meet. Is that ok with you?

• Advertisement

That's perfect thanks not a bother!

@Lawr will private message you to arrange to meet! Cheers

Great, Home:Ballyhoura. Thanks a mil.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭granda

is the tiagra crankset gone

granda wrote: »
    is the tiagra crankset gone
    Selling it in the next day or two, if the sale falls through with lawr I will let you know

Bontrager crankset sold to Lawr thanks for that, selling the Tiagra to baldshaunieb at the weekend. So that's two which I was hoping to sell so will be keeping the two remaining cranksets.

2 cranksets sold, tiagra and bontrager and keeping the other two so thread can be closed. Thanks guys

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement