Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retail upgrade version of windows 7 on 1215n

Options
  • 20-08-2011 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Quick question. I have an Asus 1215n laptop with windows 7 installed but want to reinstall windows without all the crap bundled with it by the manufacturer.

Can I just get a downloaded (legally) copy of Windows 7 Home Premium and install it from USB, using the license key that came with my laptop? I have already paid for and downloaded (upgrade) it from the microsoft uk store.

Will there be any issues using my license key on a version downloaded from the store?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

or use www.pcdecrapifier.com

a clean install of windows 7 means you need to locate all the drivers for your system

Advertisement