Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EGO MEGA DUAL COIL CARTOMISERS

• 20-08-2011 12:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭

The next chapter in our addition to the amazing dual coil range of cartomisers...
    Tornado/eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomisers hold up to a whopping 5ml of e-liquid! That is enough to keep the average user going for days on end without having to refill.
    Thanks to the absorbant material used within these eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomisers you will experience zero leakage, zero burning taste and a great vape all day long.

As per other versions of the dual coil cartomiser the eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomiser has a twin coil atomising ability, each coil runs at around 3.0ohm resistance giving a throat kicking 1.5ohm overall. They come with a rubber mouthpiece fitted so the cartomiser is ready to be used, just add some liquid!

im not a fan of low res but i may try them at some point

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah, someone else mentioned these on a thread here.. they looked awesome

gona have to wait until one of the irish sites start stocking them, but i'm certainly curious

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

yeah, someone else mentioned these on a thread here.. they looked awesome

gona have to wait until one of the irish sites start stocking them, but i'm certainly curious

http://www.vapourireland.com/e-cigarette-starter-kits/ego-dual-coils-cartomizer/prod_30.html but 8 euro each!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

wow, even their dual coils are 6 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Pretty pricey for a disposable product alright but Vapour Ireland has always been slightly more expensive than TBS and the vapour store.

I can't really fault the regular DCCs available atm and they're only €2 a pop but those ego ones do look good. It's nice how they come with a mouthpiece.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

A better price here. Ordered some on Friday so hopefully arriving soon:

http://www.ecigwizard.com/shop/en/cartomisers/303-tornado-mega-dual-coil-cartomiser.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Reduced from €11 :eek:

I try my best to support Irish sellers but when I see these kind of prices it's a sure fire way of driving my business away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    I can't really fault the regular DCCs available atm and they're only €2 a pop

Just on that - I just received a few of these, a drip tip and some new liquid for my tornado, but I'm not sure I'm using it correctly?

I removed the plastic stopper at the top, put in a good bit of liquid a few drops at a time until they were absorbed (maybe 20 drops or more in total), and then let it soak for a while. But even a few hours later, I'm getting quite a burnt/bitter taste. I got the "Ruyan4# / RY 4 Strength: - 24mg" from TBS - perhaps it's a bit stronger than I was expecting.

Eoin wrote: »
    Just on that - I just received a few of these, a drip tip and some new liquid for my tornado, but I'm not sure I'm using it correctly?

I removed the plastic stopper at the top, put in a good bit of liquid a few drops at a time until they were absorbed (maybe 20 drops or more in total), and then let it soak for a while. But even a few hours later, I'm getting quite a burnt/bitter taste. I got the "Ruyan4# / RY 4 Strength: - 24mg" from TBS - perhaps it's a bit stronger than I was expecting.

best way of filling the dcc's imo, takes no time at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

I'm using 18mg RY4 from TBS also, these are low resistance at 1.5 Ohms and give a strong hit and i think while they work very well ya lose out on flavour i think.

Compared to a perfect working atty i think i would prefer using an atty for a nicer and smoother draw.

Having said that, i will get another couple tomorrow with some 11mg RY4 and see if that makes a difference. The voltage on a eGo battery is at 3.4v so maybe if ya had a Provari or something where ya can lower the voltage ya would get a more pleasant experience out of them.

Does'nt sound like you are doing anything wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Keep filling it until the liquid starts to drip out of the other end. Put the drip tip back on and blow the excess out. Give the end a good wipe until dry and then screw your battery on.

Thanks guys - tried this using the video posted above and a different liquid, and it's made a big difference; much nicer to use now.

Is the capacity the main difference between these and the €2 cartomizers?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tkavan

Is the capacity the main difference between these and the €2 cartomizers?

ah yeah they're more than double the capacity...have to say they're massive ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

tkavan wrote: »
    pack of 3 for 18 euro or 5 for 25 euro (including delivery).Check it out

I'm all for supporting Irish sites, too, but not when I can pay 10 Euro here:
    http://www.ecigwizard.com/shop/en/cartomisers/303-tornado-mega-dual-coil-cartomiser.html

as opposed to 18 Euro from your site it's a no-brainer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 moone

Bubba9 wrote: »
    I'm all for supporting Irish sites, too, but not when I can pay 10 Euro here:

as opposed to 18 Euro from your site it's a no-brainer.

(£3.60 inc vat on orders under £10) so works out 14.17 euro total. I'd rather pay 4 euro extra and not have to wait 5-7 working days as opposed to delivery in Ireland within 24 hours.

tkavan wrote: »
    ah yeah they're more than double the capacity...have to say they're massive ;)

Thanks will check them out.

I've just ordered a few, looking forward to trying them out.

Decided not to get the mega ones as people on other forums were saying that it only works with 1 out of 3 ego/riva style batteries (although it's meant to fit them all). Getting a couple of normal dual coils from irishvapers. Anyone getting the mega ones please post if batteries fit alright.

Mine just arrived today. First impressions - they're very big! Makes the whole thing even longer than it was when I was using a cartomiser and drip tip.

It seems to provide a much better draw though; a lot more vapour is produced. I don't know if that means I'll be going through the liquid even faster?

• Advertisement

they're 15 euro for a pack of 3 on e-cigireland.com now, think I'll do some hardcore budgeting tomorrow morning and figure out if I can afford to get some

--edit

just ordered a pack of 3 for E15, made the mistake of shipping them to my parents address but hopefully they arrive tomorrow while i'm there.
    think i'll go watch that video of that old english hippy talking about how awesome they are for 10 minutes, he was fun.

---edit

emailed e-cigIreland and they said it was np to change the shipping addy to my place instead of the parents, yay.
    if it gets posted today I oughta definitely have them by tomorrow. all excited now.. which.. is kinda weird.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

moone wrote: »
    Decided not to get the mega ones as people on other forums were saying that it only works with 1 out of 3 ego/riva style batteries (although it's meant to fit them all). Getting a couple of normal dual coils from irishvapers. Anyone getting the mega ones please post if batteries fit alright.

There are two types. If you buy the wrong one I assume there may be problems. If you look at their listing on Liberty Flights you will see one type for the Smoke Tech proprietary device, the E-Power, and an eGo type which I assume will fit fine. Tempted to grab a couple before going on hols.

Pretty impressed after a day's use - it was nice not having to swap or refill a cartomiser all day. Not sure about the rubber mouthpiece on it though; it feels a bit funny. And as I said it's made the entire device pretty long. Still, I'm all for having less fiddling around to do during the day with it, so well worth it.

they didn't arrive today :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Hmm strange I ordered 3 yesterday and they arrived this morning.

maybe the postman is just late or something.. but he's usually here before 10

le sigh

--edit

they came \o/
    just filled one and leaving it to sit for a little bit as reccomended

looks the business anyway

--edit

lovely amount of vapour from this, although my trusty ry4 isn't exactly doing the job for me flavour wise. i'll be able to get another flavour or two in a few weeks so I'll be looking forward to that. but as far as atomisers go, definitely impressed. hoping they drop in price a small bit though.

well I just now got the taste that tells me it's time to refil. I gave it a little boost yesterday in the night time but that's almost 2 days on one filling.. pretty great

im actually running out of battery power before im running out of juice, that **** is crazy
    i'd always said I wouldn't bother with a big fancy battery but.. i'm considering it now.

one problem I have with is is the refilling, it's hard to know when to stop pouring juice in.. last night and just now I lost what looks like a **** ton of juice from dripping out the atomiser after I'd refilled

it's not so bad when you're using the 50ml bottles from thebestshop but.. i dont want that happening when I order some of my fancy ass chocolate coffee caramel flavours. I guess Ill just have to take it a lot slower when filling it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

If anyone starts getting a plastic burning taste from these after a few days, remove the soft tip they come with, the Mega Type B drip tips fit them, something else that can tie you over if it develops is the dummy cartridges that you might have lying around from your tanks, they fit perfectly too.

bugger, really?

I threw out a load of that **** last week :/

• Advertisement

well I just now got the taste that tells me it's time to refil. I gave it a little boost yesterday in the night time but that's almost 2 days on one filling.. pretty great

im actually running out of battery power before im running out of juice, that **** is crazy
    i'd always said I wouldn't bother with a big fancy battery but.. i'm considering it now.

one problem I have with is is the refilling, it's hard to know when to stop pouring juice in.. last night and just now I lost what looks like a **** ton of juice from dripping out the atomiser after I'd refilled.

I did the same thing and overfilled it a few times, so I'm erring on the side of caution and putting a good bit less in with the occasional top up. I'd say it's about a full fill up every day, sometimes twice - probably going through 2 battery charges a day on my tornado.

Despite the size of the whole thing, it's great to have less fiddling around to do during the day.

Advertisement