Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EGO MEGA DUAL COIL CARTOMISERS

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah.. the throat hit isn't.. great for me, it's good but not that much better than the regular dual coils. it's the vapour I love about it.. its a small thing but when I see a big cloud of vapour when I exhale, it lets me know I'm smoking/vaping

pondering getting a usb passthrough for this so I dont have to keep switching batteries around when i'm not out

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I definitely notice the vapour. The hit felt stronger, but maybe I was imagining it.

I bought the USB charger for work and have the mains one at home - very handy.

id love a provari but.. im not spending 150+ euro on it, no way no how.

i'm think9ing about getting a small bottle of 18mg strength something instead of my usual 11mg, just to see what the throat hit is like with it

That's mad money! At the very least I don't want to be spending more money than I was on smokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

bugger, really?

I threw out a load of that **** last week :/

Hehe, always the way but tbh I'm not sure how much better they would be after being heated continually, just a stop gap measure at best.

I didn't experience this plastic taste yet myself yet, but a few people have reported it on other forums. I'd imagine it's down to vaping habits but as a precaution I just use a solid metal tip to be safe.

Note on the Pro-Vari - just wait for the Volcano mod to come out, looks like it's going to be a very good affordable mod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

I got some of these at the weekend - not impressed so far for some reason.
    These don't seem to be as good as the 510 sized dual coil cartos as far as taste and vapour production is concerned.

I've also noticed that the unregulated LCD Ego battery I have makes them burn quite badly. I'll keep them for spares just in case one of my atty's die but other than that I won't be getting any more.

weird.. i'm noticing a huge jump in vapour production from the regular dcc's

could be down to the liquids we're using I guess

Yeah, I noticed the same

actually
    is there any easy way to flush out one of these atomisers?

its getting close to the time where i'll need to refill my current, but i've some new juices coming tomorrow and I'll want to throw them in as soon as I get them.. wont want to wait until late tomorrow night for the juice to run out

I suppose I could just refill it a little bit now, just enough to wet the top and then it will soak through the rest of the filler over time and hopefully be drying out by tomorrow morning for the new flavours.

one problem with these atties... not great for testing out new liquids
    3 new liquids arrived today, filled one of my atties fully with one of them and... not mad about it

and now im kinda stuck with it for the rest of the day :)

--edit]
    actually scratch that, i just needed some time to get used to it. it's not at all what i expected, . its not like the other flavour I got from another site but... it's actually quite nice once you get used to it

• Advertisement

one problem with these atties... not great for testing out new liquids
    3 new liquids arrived today, filled one of my atties fully with one of them and... not mad about it

and now im kinda stuck with it for the rest of the day :)

--edit]
    actually scratch that, i just needed some time to get used to it. it's not at all what i expected, . its not like the other flavour I got from another site but... it's actually quite nice once you get used to it

What kind of life span are you getting out of these? I realise this varies from person to another, but I believe you mentioned before that you vaped for most the day? You would be a good benchmark for me, cheers!

i just changed my first one today, so just under 7 days

it's not dead yet, but I was noticing something a bit.. not right about it, so i just figured I'd throw a new one in and fill it with one of the juices I received this morning.. been waiting all day to try them but the bastards just never run out of juice :)

I've been rotating mine a little, as I was using different juices so it's hard to tell how long they'll last. They seem a bit more robust than the cartomisers though, I think the carts were just a little too close to the width of the hole in the cone that sits over the device, which didn't help.

One of them is contaminated with some rank juice I got from thebestshop; not sure I can stomach trying to get through it, so might just have to write it off!

heh, yeah.. im seriously considering buying a 510 atty and just dripping for a while whenever I get a new juice

got 3 30ml bottles this morning and while I can certainly see myself vaping them, not gona throw them out or anything.. I was hoping they would be enough for a while .. its looking like I might have to order a 50ml jobbie from thebestshop, ry4 or something.. cos I can't see myself vaping any of these all the time without any sort of break from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 sndwr4

Opit wrote: »

I visited their site and they are now at €4 - has anyone else tried them

comes to 17 euro for 3 from that place, compared to 15 for 3 from e-cigireland.com

Just fired up my first Smok 3.5ml XL, do these take a while to get going? Kind of disappointed with vape production so far, put about 2.5ml of liquid in it.

yeah, I find they take a little bit to get going properly.. im not sure why but the first little while is never as good as it oughta be

Went and made lunch and let the liquid soak in, came back and hey presto, nice thick clouds of vape, but without the harsh throat hit LR have.

My observations.

The 3.5ml DCCs are v.good but the 5ml seem to be producing much more vape. Worth noting the 5mls have the Ego logo on the box but the 3.5 don't, though they were located under 510 Cartos.

During the week I felt it was time for a new battery, so I ordered the LED display on the bestshop, unfortunately it's not working correctly specifically with the 5ml Cartos. It works but there appears to be some type of contact issue, as the light flashes off after a second and it registers a puff and then it starts up again, so in short it's stopping and starting, very annoying as it's working perfectly with any other carto or tank (including the 3.5ml). Very strange.

• Advertisement

im confused
    are there two different types of mega dual coil cartos?

I thought the 5ml was the only one, but people were saying it would only really hold around 3.5ml but.. is there actually a 3.5ml version?

whats going on here :(

im confused
    are there two different types of mega dual coil cartos?

I thought the 5ml was the only one, but people were saying it would only really hold around 3.5ml but.. is there actually a 3.5ml version?

whats going on here :(

So did I, but then I saw these they don't perform as well but still pretty good. I'll use these to test out new liquids but the 5ml will be my regulars from now on.

A guesstimate would be the 3.5s produce around 70% of the vape production the 5mls give you.

oooh right, they're kind of an inbetween the regular dual coils and the 5ml ones?

i think that menthol juice killed my atty.. i'm getting **** all flavour from it now. plenty of vapour, and im not craving a cigarette so the nicotine's still getting to me but.. it's like inhaling steam

Yup the inbetweener but i'm not mad about it so far, it's funny you mention that, I'm quickly getting the same impression and it also dawned on that I reviewed that menthol with a tank!

It's quite different in the 5ml and I'm beginning to dislike it if I'm honest.

yeah, be careful with that atty afterwards.. that menthol just sucked the flavour out of mine completely
    had to open up my last atty, i'll order more on monday. first the cappucino flavour and now the menthol... atty killers :) the joye tobacco I quite like but i think in general i'm going to avoid their juices from now.

I think mine are coming to an end - not getting the same draw off them. Well two of them are going out, and the third one is full of some gross juice that I can't bring myself to try and get through.

I think I'm going to stick with them; they're very bulky, but so less fiddly to refill than the regular cartomisers. I am going through a LOT more juice though.

yeah, kinda the same

my first one lasted a week before I had any sort of idea about changing it.. i destroyed the other one with menthol and now no matter what I put in it everything has a menthol taste to it, the third one... it was fine for a day or so but since I put some of that cappucino juice in it's just not very good. flavour's not great and the vapour production isn't up to par. I dont know if the juice had anything to do with that, or if it just was destined to underperform but I dont really want to put any more of my juices into it for fear of wasting them.
    I'm gona order more on monday as I do prefer them to the regular dcc's, i'm just not going to store them in the same room as the menthol/cappucino stuff.

Though, I am going to get some normal cartomisers for testing my homebrew liquids before I destroy another mega one with a bad fix!

• Advertisement

lol, yeah I have an unopened 510 here for just that purpose :D

Advertisement