Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EGO MEGA DUAL COIL CARTOMISERS

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Amigaman

@SirDigby and Samba - the Eco looks good but if you'll excuse the pun Ive been burned by cartomizers before :-) ... where would be a good place to get 1 or 2 of these just to try out...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Amigaman wrote: »
    @SirDigby and Samba - the Eco looks good but if you'll excuse the pun Ive been burned by cartomizers before :-) ... where would be a good place to get 1 or 2 of these just to try out...:D

:pac:

Hehe, I know the feeling...

Unfortunately I don't know if any Irish suppliers stock these, solovapor.es sell them individually for €3.65 a pop but they also offer bulk discounts...

Pack of 5

Shipping is on the high side due to the fact that they only offer registered post for international orders.

These guys also stock them and give you an option of standard shipping, though how long it would take to arrive, is anyone's guess.

While these can also be inconsistent, at least you can do something about it if you have a problem with them, every other type of atty I have is gathering dust since I started using these, the only major flaw is the drip tip, but I'm sure you can find alternative tips that fit them.

I think so, just rebranded/customised by looks of it, handy info on which drip tips fit too - 801/302, n1!.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

noweh, ossum

def be ordering a bucket load of 801/302 drip tips tomorrow

well... one

• Advertisement

any ideas where to buy 801/302 drip tips? :)

same site...
    http://www.ivapour-elixir.co.uk/black-drip-tip-12.html
    Im going to order 3 ...

hrm, healthcabin have them too

think ill get them from there, and order a **** ton of cheap juices too

have two 801/302 drip tips coming in the post, shipped today (got the email this morning, so maybe yesterday?) from ivapour. can't wait :) getting sick of using the mega drip tips on the echomisers, find I have to pull too hard on the draw

Could be completely random, however I've noticed that problems tend to arise when I fill these using a syringe, perhaps the needle is unseating the filler and subsequently causing it not to wick properly, any time I've dripped slowly and let it soak, I've encountered no issues.

I've found 2 duds so far, one of them didn't produce any vape and the other produced whispers of vape. I had a CE3 Clearo, having dumped a dud I decided to test that out, half way through filling I heard a plop and liquid went in every direction and whatever I did, now when I try to fill it, liquid just comes straight out the bottom! I must be down a few bottles of liquid to poor quality products at this stage and it's really growing tiresome. Edit got that working, mmmm burning taste.

When the Echos work they are the best atty I've tried to date but I'm a little nervous each time I fill a new one, it's anyone's guess how it will perform.

I'll probably order a bucket load from the HC and do a half fill before committing any further juice in future.

Oh the joye of it all. :)

• Advertisement

i noticed the battery connection on these is a bit strange sometimes, maybe that accounts for one of your duds?

i've had to rescrew them on to the batteries 3 or 4 times before I got a vape out of them, otherwise it would just do nothing.. as if i just had the atomiser in my hand and was trying to inhale

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭flids.utd

Samba, the ce3 clearomizer needs to have a cart condom on battery end when filling it until you put the little plug back in, as i found out like you, somebody has already posted it on this sight somewhere, otherwise I would of lobbed mine out as well, i lke them exept the bit of fluid that comes up above the reservoir, but its not too much hassle

Yeah I checked and triple checked the connection with a few batteries and the dud wouldn't work, I've fired off an email as it's now 3 faulty atties I've discovered. It's time to cut down and start thinking about quitting me thinks.

Thanks flids, I managed to fill it by keeping it horizontal, but it developed a burning taste not long after use, the wick was sticking out at the bottom, since the first fill, I can no longer see it. My main issue with the Clearos is that they look like crack pipes! :pac:

maybe you should have a look at the genesis line or one of the repairable atties from the "ze bulli" thread?

70 odd euro up front for the line i think.. but if you'd bought it 4 months ago youd probably have saved that in atomisers anyway :)

At this point I think I'm ready to give up the nicotine, I've been vaping less and I've reduced my liquid to 6mg, that was the goal when I started out vaping and I'm going to stick to it.

I sent an email to solovapor and they came back with a few interesting facts, these and the Ego/Smoktech Mega DCs have a 7%-10% failure rate.
    Turns out the Ego/Smoktech Mega DCC actually require a slightly higher voltage to ensure they work properly, that would explain why I had so many of them producing small amounts of vape.

Looks like you ran good on the order Digby and I was a victim of statistical variance! ;)

Just opened my second last one and it has a burning taste I can't shake, that brings me up to a 60% failure rate, course I would have to get the 4 working one's first and then hit a string of duds :pac:

Still a good product though.

i hit 3 or 4 that didnt work properly. either no vape in 1 or the burnt taste in 2, that i manged to get rid of for a short time but came right back
    the fourth I vaped a juice in that just wouldnt vape well and won't go away.
    if you're stuck I can post 1 or 2 of them up to you.

Appreciate the offer but you're grand, I've loads of bits and bobs to keep me going, thanks.

had my 510 to ego adapter connected to my battery and the echomiser.. and now the adapter is stuck into the echomiser and i can't manage to get it screwed out

pain in the balls, lol.

801/302 drip tips arrived today, way better than the standard tips that come with the echomisers

Health Cabin having a sale - 20% off the Echos, $8 for a pack of 5 is a seriously tempting price and would go a long way towards softening the blow on their failure rate, though it tilts me when I fill one up and find out it's a dud, you end up wasting so much liquid, anyone using Halo liquids should avoid these imo, otherwise it could work out very costly!

• Advertisement

hrm, thats tempting

im liking these alot but still not 100% on them though... you do have to draw pretty hard on them to get a decent amount of vapour. and while it is good in terms of flavour, it does kinda make the inhaling more effort than it needs to be. i think the hard draw might be the new drip tip... it's got a very wide opening... i might try taking one of the standard tips with it and widening the hole

when my lavatube comes at the end of the year, I might just move back to regular sized cartos/atomisers.

==edit

also is it just me or do these things dry up srs fast?
    I filled one about five hours ago and while it's stlll producing vapour and i'm getting nicotine it's a pretty shabby amount of vapour

Advertisement