Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

If fergie had limitless funds and could buy anyone bar barca players they would still be better than us

This is the best 11 I can think off without using barca players and it would still get beat

Neuer

Maicon or Lahm---Vidic---Kompany
    Jordi Alba or Ashley Cole

Schweinstegger---Modric
    Silva

Ronaldo
    Sneidjer

Van Persie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Lacks a few names imo, actually forget that, why is Sneijder there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I'd start with at least 2 midfielders of De Jong and Diarra and work from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'd start with at least 2 midfielders of De Jong and Diarra and work from there.

Aye, I'd be going with

Casillas

Lahm---Vidic---Kompany---Cole

Diarra---De Jong---Schweinsteiger

Ronaldo
    Silva

Van Persie

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

If fergie had limitless funds and could buy anyone bar barca players they would still be better than us

This is the best 11 I can think off without using barca players and it would still get beat

Neuer

Maicon or Lahm---Vidic---Kompany
    Jordi Alba or Ashley Cole

Schweinstegger---Modric
    Silva

Ronaldo
    Sneidjer

Rooney or Cavani

The idea that no group of players could beat Barcelona is hilarious. People were saying that Barca were invincible before Mourinho beat them with a far from extraordinary Inter team and people are still keen to make themselves look foolish now. Carry on anyway.

titan18 wrote: »
    Aye, I'd be going with

Casillas

Lahm---Vidic---Kompany---Cole

Diarra---De Jong---Schweinsteiger

Ronaldo
    Silva

Van Persie

your right about V persie but nothing else, I mean Diarra cmon FFS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

I'd love to see a Benitez side face Barcelona. What ever people's opinions of Rafa, there's few better at beating a better 11 over two legs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

your right about V persie but nothing else, I mean Diarra cmon FFS

Tbf,Diarra is a very effective player. I'm not saying he's the best midfielder around, but I think he's the type of player needed against Barca.

Also,right about nothing else?I'd find it very difficult to argue against a lot of those players.

titan18 wrote: »
    Tbf,Diarra is a very effective player. I'm not saying he's the best midfielder around, but I think he's the type of player needed against Barca.

Also,right about nothing else?I'd find it very difficult to argue against a lot of those players.

Diarra cant even get into the Real madrid team and was dumped by both Arsenal and Chelsea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Pro. F wrote: »
    The idea that no group of players could beat Barcelona is hilarious. People were saying that Barca were invincible before Mourinho beat them with a far from extraordinary Inter team

Indeed, no team is or ever will be invincible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Forget your stars,These lads have done the job:

Moyá
    Juan Valera
    D. Díaz
    Mané
    Rafa
    Casquero
    Míchel
    Diego Castro
    M. Lacen
    Pablo Sarabia
    N. Fedor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

Diarra cant even get into the Real madrid team and was dumped by both Arsenal and Chelsea

Diarra has been a regular starter for Madrid this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

He started last night , in what is Madrid probably biggest games of the season .

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭moany

250014728.jpg

Glenn_Quagmire.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Are they meant to resemble each other or something?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

He must have posted the wrong picture.

250014728.jpg

T-28-3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭moany

Rooney Tweeted it, Great win yesterday after a bad week. Much needed. @Ph1lj0nes aka glen quagmire was brilliant in midfield. I never saw it.

Mick McCarthy reckons Jones could be a new Paul McGrath for United, now that would be something to relish indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

while on the subject, new phil jones song....to the tune of Raconteurs 'Steady as she goes'.

Find yourself a club,
    and settle down,
    playing for the reds at every ground,
    steady as Phil Jones
    steady as Phil Jones
    steady as Phil Jones

• Registered Users Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Quandary

Gotta love Jones alright, its hard to believe he's still only 19 :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

moany wrote: »
    Rooney Tweeted it, Great win yesterday after a bad week. Much needed. @Ph1lj0nes aka glen quagmire was brilliant in midfield. I never saw it.

Jones replied with
    Ph1lj0nes Phil Jones
    Just to confirm tweeps I have no idea why @WayneRooney calls me quagmire! Can anyone else see the comparison??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

More importantly, has anyone seen Ando's new hairstyle? What the fúck?! http://p.twimg.com/Aga1MFPCQAAOyr4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

moany wrote: »
    250014728.jpg

Glenn_Quagmire.png
    I've had too much to drink. The pic reminds me of Solskjaer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

baz2009 wrote: »
    More importantly, has anyone seen Ando's new hairstyle? What the fúck?! http://p.twimg.com/Aga1MFPCQAAOyr4.jpg

Maybe he'll be the opposite of Samson. No hair means the fcuker cant be hurt anymore!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

So what's the story with the Europa League? Is there like a draw or something? When do we find out when and who we play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

So what's the story with the Europa League? Is there like a draw or something? When do we find out when and who we play?

Draw on the 16th.

For all that we really did not want to know...

of course i want to win it and id be hoping we get a trip to bucharest in May, but my main wish for this is that as many games as possible are played on tues/wed nights (to avoid the clash with city and the 31 mile uefa rule) though in reality if looks like all our aways are on a thursday which is a disaster.

playing all our games on sunday or even monday in the league, is a serious pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

of course i want to win it and id be hoping we get a trip to bucharest in May, but my main wish for this is that as many games as possible are played on tues/wed nights (to avoid the clash with city and the 31 mile uefa rule) though in reality if looks like all our aways are on a thursday which is a disaster.

playing all our games on sunday or even monday in the league, is a serious pain.

Big time, its a real blow whatever way we look at it.
    People are saying it'll be great to get a chance to blood our younger players, but I don't see how sending a weakened team, with many of the younger players simply not good enough at the moment, away to get beaten is going to do anyone any good.
    Will be interesting too see how Fergie approaches it, and how the squad reacts aswell.

there was a rumour on twitter cleverly was due back in training today, anybody else see that?

suppose it would make sense, the "New year" is technically just uner 3 weeks away so he could be back hopefully for wigan and blackburn.

if he shows no signs of the knock, then the fulham game could be doable for him. would be a big asset for us to have him alongside carrick and jones as options for those games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

there was a rumour on twitter cleverly was due back in training today, anybody else see that?

suppose it would make sense, the "New year" is technically just uner 3 weeks away so he could be back hopefully for wigan and blackburn.

if he shows no signs of the knock, then the fulham game could be doable for him. would be a big asset for us to have him alongside carrick and jones as options for those games.

I would rather wait til after the Fulham game regardless to ensure he is fully fit.
    The Fulham game will be high intensity and quite physical so don't want Cleverley getting another knock straight away again.

• Advertisement

killwill wrote: »
    I would rather wait til after the Fulham game regardless to ensure he is fully fit.
    The Fulham game will be high intensity and quite physical so don't want Cleverley getting another knock straight away again.

and to think, all the uproar made over various incidents this season, an act of thuggery on cleverly has seen him miss the most of 3 months and the player in question, didnt get banned for it.

say something to a ref you get 3 games, insult a groundsman and its 5, say something to a camera and your banned, yet almost break somebodys ankle, ruin half their season and you get off scot free.

consistency and respect my hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

and to think, all the uproar made over various incidents this season, an act of thuggery on cleverly has seen him miss the most of 3 months and the player in question, didnt get banned for it.

say something to a ref you get 3 games, insult a groundsman and its 5, say something to a camera and your banned, yet almost break somebodys ankle, ruin half their season and you get off scot free.

yes it was a bad tackle, but an act of thuggery???? Harsh, imo. It was a badly timed tackle, and was definitely overly aggressive, but not an 'act of thuggery'...

That's the kind of over the top reaction that caused so much trouble at the time of the tackle.

I do love a good rant!!!!
    Valid point too in fairness.
    It is also frustrating because if Cleverley had never got injured we would have a great indication by now how good he really is and if he is ready for the PL or still a little of the pace.
    Anyway right now I am much more concerned about Chelsea!!!! Do ye think they can get a result tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭VW 1

alproctor wrote: »
    yes it was a bad tackle, but an act of thuggery???? Harsh, imo. It was a badly timed tackle, and was definitely overly aggressive, but not an 'act of thuggery'...

That's the kind of over the top reaction that caused so much trouble at the time of the tackle.

Not at all imo, it was vintage Kevin Davies. It was an old school "let him know im there" type tackle that went wrong. He should have gotten a straight red and a three game ban, awful awful tackle and has messed up Cleverley's first season as a mainstay in the first team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

killwill wrote: »
    I do love a good rant!!!!
    Valid point too in fairness.
    It is also frustrating because if Cleverley had never got injured we would have a great indication by now how good he really is and if he is ready for the PL or still a little of the pace.
    Anyway right now I am much more concerned about Chelsea!!!! Do ye think they can get a result tonight?

Yes, I think with them being at home I think this has draw all over it.

Chelsea to score first would make this a very interesting game.

chelsea are very hit and miss, beaten at home already by arsenal and liverpool.

i fear for them tonight. i think the best we will get is a close game and a 1-0 chelsea, but can you see them keeping a clean sheet?

im going for a 1-1 draw, but more in hope than expectation.

alproctor wrote: »
    It was a badly timed tackle, and was definitely overly aggressive, but not an 'act of thuggery'...

That to me is a contradiction, if excessive aggression is used in a tackle resulting in a loss of control, then that is surely thug like behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

I think if Chelsea play like they did midweek, they could grab a result.
    If Drogba plays anything like he did then, Kompany & Co will have their hands full.

That to me is a contradiction, if excessive aggression is used in a tackle resulting in a loss of control, then that is surely thug like behaviour.

Totally agree. It is not branding anyone as a thug, just the act itself was thuggish(is that even a word!!!)

• Advertisement

nicklauski wrote: »
    Kompany

this is the man who is key for city. they have silva, we have nani. they have aguero and dzeko, we have rooney and hernandez. while their cm is better than ours, i believe vidic being out gives them a massive advantage now.

they could have conceeded 6 against QPR in the game he missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

I'm hoping for a high scoring loss for City, 4-3 or something, as I have Silva and Aguero in my fantasy football!

I'm hoping for a high scoring loss for City, 4-3 or something, as I have Silva and Aguero in my fantasy football!

this is wrong wrong wrong wrong.

i hope the c*nts get stuffed 5-0 and silva and aguero get involved in a fight that sees them never again play for the club.

going to the bridge and scoring 3 goals, would, even if they lost, give them another confidence boost. i cant see them conceding 4 either.

this post sums up why i hate fantasy football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'm assuming we're all massive Chelsea fans for the day. Come on, JT, Franky and The Drog!

Cheering on John Terry on a wet miserable Monday. Let this day end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

And the fact its crap,boring and a waste of time

this is wrong wrong wrong wrong.

i hope the c*nts get stuffed 5-0 and silva and aguero get involved in a fight that sees them never again play for the club.

going to the bridge and scoring 3 goals, would, even if they lost, give them another confidence boost. i cant see them conceding 4 either.

While watching the Newcastle match in Dublin the other week there was guy in United top next to me and when Ba stepped up for peno he was like "I actually hope he scores this as I have him in my FF team" I was like what the ****

Now I enjoy FF find it bit of craic, in a money league, but I rather get -20 points and United win then 100 points and United get beat.

Funny enough I had BA too but was freaking annoyed after he scored not just for them getting back into game and costing United 2points, but some fans actually want the others to score cause of it.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    I'm assuming we're all massive Chelsea fans for the day. Come on, JT, Franky and The Drog!

Viva John Terry:D

he always gets great cheer when he comes to United ever since the 08/09 season in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

J. Marston wrote: »

tumblr_lk4i3vLDvV1qeyih3.jpg

:cool: Viva John Terry, wouldn't mind Torres getting back to his Liverpool form for a day :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

I would be surprised if Fat Frank even gets a run.

Kompany has been immense for City this season alright Ed. Lets hope the Drog shatters his confidence with a hat trick that all 3 Kompany should have done better with ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

this is the man who is key for city. they have silva, we have nani. they have aguero and dzeko, we have rooney and hernandez. while their cm is better than ours, i believe vidic being out gives them a massive advantage now.

they could have conceeded 6 against QPR in the game he missed.

Yep. Its more got to do with the replacements they have at CB which are pretty poor and/or out of form

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

would take a draw now, once city don't win is the main thing

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement