Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

kryogen wrote: »
    Your wrong, your just wrong, and since reality hasnt changed your view on the guy Im not gonna be able to with words so Im not going to bother.

Fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

He's been fairly abysmal against Barcelona for Real Madrid. And for United. He has a habit of trying to win games like that on his own. It really does hamper teams.

SHUT YOUR BEAK

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Pogba was very impressive yesterday. Before the game they telecasted Pogba's interview(That was month old one I think), sounds very level headed lad and he said He wants to fight for the place in first team.

Would be shame if he leaves as I believe he will become a big star in midfield.

I like Larnell cole, he has very good ability on the ball. Maybe he has outside chance of making it here. Diouf's both goals were very neatly taken ones. Keane's was superb one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

the transfer window is a newspapers dream, especially united. we are linked with 5 transfers in the various rags today, this is the only one i would think has substance, though the price is crazy and the fact he is another winger means we dont need him.

apparently the interest is huge though.
    Meanwhile, United are set to offer £25m for Benfica midfielder Nicolas Gaitan, 23, who helped knock them out of the Champions League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Walking up this morning to hear about the draw for the Champions League feel like waking up to realize that your partner has left you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Let's just buy Joey Barton and get it done with

Juve can have Valencia if they give us Vidal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

PHB wrote: »
    I would be, assuming we sold one of Nani, Young or Valencia, in order to buy a central midfielder :P

That wasnt part of the deal :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Hell no!

No way I wanna see Tony the Tiger go. We could possibly trick em into accepting Park

I hear Gibson is out for a little while now too, terrible when that news actually is news

Gotta think we see more of Pogba now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

the transfer window is a newspapers dream, especially united. we are linked with 5 transfers in the various rags today, this is the only one i would think has substance, though the price is crazy and the fact he is another winger means we dont need him.

apparently the interest is huge though.

We do seem to buy players who play well against us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Hell no!

No way I wanna see Tony the Tiger go. We could possibly trick em into accepting Park

Exactly. They could then unveil him in the Stadio Olyimpico like the Chinese guy from Oceans Eleven, popping out of a silver box.

smokedeels wrote: »
    We do seem to buy players who play well against us.

On the other hand we do not tend to buy players when there is a lot of competition for the players signature. Bidding wars are not something we get into

Keane, Cantona, Yorke, Ronaldo, Valencia etc.....

It is a common trend tbh

Smith, Cole, Stam, Carrick. There really is loads

hmmmm that was a serious quick delete post whoever you were!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

No panic buying in January according to Fergie.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/16216245.stm
    Ferguson insists he will not buy "unless someone appears we have always been interested in".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Keane, Cantona, Yorke, Ronaldo, Valencia etc.....

It is a common trend tbh

Smith, Cole, Stam, Carrick. There really is loads

hmmmm that was a serious quick delete post whoever you were!!!!!

Keane and Cantona were linked with numerous clubs before they came to OT, so was Stam now that think of it.

Your never going really get mre then 4-5 clubs interested at one time anyway.

Keane and Cantona were linked with numerous clubs before they came to OT, so was Stam now that think of it.

Your never going really get mre then 4-5 clubs interested at one time anyway.

Wasnt answering what you think i was pal, a guy had posted questioning who we had signed that played well against us

Then he deleted it

ajax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

City v Porto
    United v Ajax
    Stoke v Valencia

Couldn't have planned a much tougher draw for the English sides.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

ajax

Prefer Mr Muscle myself!!

All tough draws for every English side in todays draws. Might be a good chance for Fergie to eye up Eriksen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Looking forward to seeing Eriksen up against us.

Might convince Fergie hes worth buying.

Fits the profile of the type player Utd go for these days; young, uber talented, resale value etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Going by this artice,Utds 2nd leg will be on Thursday night while City have to move their match to Tuesday or Wednesday

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/8959860/Manchester-Citys-European-nights-to-kick-off-at-5pm-on-Wednesdays-in-home-Europa-League-ties.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭rednik

I've never been to Ajax, looking forward to going to this one.

Also if we win we will be playing Lokomotiv Moscow or Athletic Bilbao in the next round

s_carnage wrote: »
    Also if we win we will be playing Lokomotiv Moscow or Athletic Bilbao in the next round

we will get to check out Javi Martinez too if we meet Athletic Bilbao

• Advertisement

we will get to check out Javi Martinez too if we meet Athletic Bilbao

Lets hope Fergie does a Ronaldo on it!!

s_carnage wrote: »
    Lets hope Fergie does a Ronaldo on it!!

Martinez and Eriksson, Id take that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Looking forward to seeing Eriksen. Looks like a quality little player.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Would like ManUtd vs Ajax draw (If that is possible) as SAF can see what a great talent Eriksen is

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

:D

Decent chance of drawing Bilbao in the second round(if we get through) so he can have a look at Javi Martinez too:pac:

• Advertisement

Blatter wrote: »
    Decent chance of drawing Bilbao in the second round(if we get through) so he can have a look at Javi Martinez too:pac:

Let the muppet dream begin. Eriksen and Javi Martinez next summer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Let the muppet dream begin. Eriksen and Javi Martinez next summer :D

We can all dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Amsterdam is a super draw for us, given the Thursday - Sunday schedule we will be faced with, as would Bilbao in the following round. Less than 2 hour flights to each game so the travel involved won't be an issue.

We'd definitely like avoid Moscow though if we get into the next round.

I see Sir Alex was talking about Gibson getting a knock playing for the reserves last night, the fact that he is talking about the guy at all means we might see him in the first team or on the bench this weekend. Cerny is a good keeper for QPR but he can be a bit dodgy on long shots so it might be a good game for Gibson.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Draupnir wrote: »
    Amsterdam is a super draw for us, given the Thursday - Sunday schedule we will be faced with, as would Bilbao in the following round. Less than 2 hour flights to each game so the travel involved won't be an issue.

We'd definitely like avoid Moscow though if we get into the next round.

I see Sir Alex was talking about Gibson getting a knock playing for the reserves last night, the fact that he is talking about the guy at all means we might see him in the first team or on the bench this weekend. Cerny is a good keeper for QPR but he can be a bit dodgy on long shots so it might be a good game for Gibson.

He usually misses 5-6 and when he eventually gets one on tartget he rarely scores from it. His long shots are extremely overrated IMO!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭VW 1

Kettle316 wrote: »
    He usually misses 5-6 and when he eventually gets one on tartget he rarely scores from it. His long shots are extremely overrated IMO!!

Ah leave them alone, they are all he has :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Going by this artice,Utds 2nd leg will be on Thursday night while City have to move their match to Tuesday or Wednesday

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/8959860/Manchester-Citys-European-nights-to-kick-off-at-5pm-on-Wednesdays-in-home-Europa-League-ties.html

that is f8cked up. its actually favouring city, not us. talk about twisted logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭Marco85

Howard Nurse of the BBC tweeted this breaking the 10.30pm Saturday newspapers daily embargo that it was meant for. He's got a bollocking from the club and deleted it.

'SAF says #MUFC want Paul Pogba to sign a new deal but the player's agent is holding out for more money, which has put the contract in doubt.'

from united fanzine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Draupnir wrote: »
    I see Sir Alex was talking about Gibson getting a knock playing for the reserves last night, the fact that he is talking about the guy at all means we might see him in the first team or on the bench this weekend.

The fact that he is talking about him at all sums up how dire our midfield situation is and the 'quality' cover we have to fall back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Wayne Rooney on twitter: "@FrankieCocozza sorry who are u again. Oh yeah i remember ur the kid who was on x factor who couldnt sing."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Smegball wrote: »
    Wayne Rooney on twitter: "@FrankieCocozza sorry who are u again. Oh yeah i remember ur the kid who was on x factor who couldnt sing."
    What's that in response to?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

What's that in response to?

Cocozza said that Rooney looks smelly. Tbh, I think Cocozza looks like he could do with a good washing himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Manchester-United-transfer-gossip-Paul-Pogba-urged-to-stay-by-Alex-Ferguson-article843660.html
    Fergie urges in-demand Pogba: Stay at United

Sir Alex Ferguson has told young star Paul Pogba: "You don't need to chase money at a club like Manchester United, it will eventually find you."

The exciting young midfielder is interesting a host of top clubs, including Manchester City and Juventus, after his agent seemed to rule out a contract extension in search of a better deal.

But Old Trafford boss Ferguson has now explained he has such faith in the French midfielder that he won't rush into the transfer market, despite a catalogue of injuries.

Instead, the veteran manager is prepared to offer Pogba a first team chance over the busy Christmas period, as he urged the youngster to reconsider his position.

"He's got an agent who's obviously become a bit difficult but we're negotiating with this agent and we want the boy to stay," Ferguson insisted.

"But it's down to the individual also.

"Matt Busby summed it up perfectly, that you don't need to chase money at a club like Manchester United, it will eventually find you. If you're good enough, you will earn money and become rich playing for us, there's no doubt about it.

"You hope he gets the right advice. All the young players who remain here always do well. It's one of these situations that they can chase the money early in their career but at the end it's not the same as if they'd stayed here.

"It's the decision the player has to take himself, no matter who he is, about where they think their best future will be. He just needs to look round about him to realise that. But if he wants to go, there is nothing we can do about it."

While Ferguson is keen to change the youngster's mind, he insisted there is no hurry, because United have an option to extend his contract anyway.

And the United boss is hoping the opportunity offered by the absence of midfielders Darren Fletcher, Anderson and Tom Cleverley, will persuade Pogba he has a bright future at Old Trafford.

The 18-year-old could even get a game at QPR on Sunday, after his manager stressed he won't be panicked into plunging into the January transfer market when he has so much young talent at his disposal.

"We have an option on Paul's contract that takes us into a year-and-a-half away so in that respect there's not a great emergency about it," Ferguson added.

"But we'd like the boy to sign a contract and if he'd like to be a Manchester United player then he knows what to do.

"There will be chances here. We've got players capable of wearing the red jersey and, and they'll wear it with complete confidence they can do well.

"I think it's how you handle the situation. We're not panicking. We've got enough experience in the staff to cope with these things.

We know it happens and there's no point crying about it. You just get on with it, there's nothing else you can do. You've got injuries, deal with it.

"You're always tempted to buy if you feel the right player comes along, you have to be. But they're not there, so what do you do?

"It is one of these situations that unless a player we have been interested in for a while appears and we can get him, then there is not much point brining in an individual in just because it gives you another number.

"Pogba is a possibility because he is a big strong lad, he's a good athlete, he is improving, he is developing well.

"In terms of the FA Youth Cup winning team of last season, he, physically, is better than the rest of that group, maybe apart from Zeki Fryers who is a very good athlete."

Anderson is back in training with the first team squad, and should be available for the busy New Year programme, and Cleverley, too is on schedule for a return soon after Christmas.

Dimitar Berbatov and Rafael are available again for the QPR game.

Good to know United have the option of extending his contract by a year anyway but it's worrying that there's obviously a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Isn't it a sad sign of the times when SAF has to come out and comment on what is essentially an unproven upstart kid. He shouldn't have lowered himself imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Isn't it a sad sign of the times when SAF has to come out and comment on what is essentially an unproven upstart kid. He shouldn't have lowered himself imo.

Ah in fairness it's a difficult situation! We obviously don't want him to leave, we're also not going to hand him a big contract because of a stubborn agent. I think Fergie put it in words nicely and reassuringly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Pogba can **** off imo. Sick of hearing this nonsense now, another Tevez in the making and the kid is only 18.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

It's his agent though...he's only a kid...and bad influences can have damaging affects!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Fúcking smelly football agents.

So SAF wass correct when he said Pogba has couple of years left on his contract. I would like him to stay, but if he is making old man sweat, he can **** off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Great quote that SAF used when speaking about Pogba.
    Matt Busby summed it up perfectly when he said you don't need to chase money at a club like Manchester United," said Ferguson. "He said it will eventually find you if you are a good enough player.

"You become rich playing for Manchester United. Players can chase money early in their career but at the end it is not the same as if they'd stayed here.

The more i see of Pogba the more i like him, i think he could be a great player for us in midfield. I hope he signs a new deal and gets a chance now with all the injuries, he has a chance to stake a place if given the opportunity by SAF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Pogba will be the new John Obi Mikel at this rate!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement