Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Anybody know anywhere I can get high quality match pictures (not gettyimages)? Any sites I used to use are gone now.

Theres a few here

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Very impressed by Cleverley today. I think he's a far better option in the middle than Carrick. Much more to his play.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Sean Bateman

People are jumping on the Anderson/Cleverley bandwagon too quickly. Anderson's United career has been characterised by inconsistency and unreliability and Cleverley is completely unproven at this level. A lot of United fans (myself included) were too smug about our second half performance against Spurs. We shouldn't forget that we weren't too hot in the first half and Spurs were pretty gutless throughout the game
    adox wrote: »
    yes it's really annoying having people making instant judgements after a couple of games isn't it?

Not when their judgements are correct.

4 competitive games now for de Gea and 4 horrendous errors. He is the wrong guy. Arsenal's first goal arose as a result of another howler.

How long does his "one howler per game" run have to continue before people say "no more"?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

That Penalty save was a major moment in the match today. Fair play to De Gea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Fingers crossed for Solskjaer leading Molde to their 1st ever league title. Currently top 6 points clear. Could be in Champions League next season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tippeligaen_2011

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Right everyone, don't bother replying to Sean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

RasTa wrote: »

sean who? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Not when their judgements are correct.

4 competitive games now for de Gea and 4 horrendous errors. He is the wrong guy. Arsenal's first goal arose as a result of another howler.

How long does his "one howler per game" run have to continue before people say "no more"?

It already ended against Spurs. Today wasn't a massive howler when you look at it at normal speed and not in slow motion.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/theo-walcott-manchester-united-15337229/

Very easy to think in slow mo replay that he should have got a leg to it but different story when you see it at full speed.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    That Penalty save was a major moment in the match today. Fair play to De Gea.

Lads, you're deluding yourselves about that save...Van Persie's penalty was pathetic. It was an easy save.
    RasTa wrote: »

That's a pathetic post...you should be ashamed of yourself.

• Advertisement

deisedevil wrote: »
    It already ended against Spurs. Today wasn't a massive howler when you look at it at normal speed and not in slow motion.

Game 1 - Dzeko's goal - A ridiculous mistake

Game 2 - Long's goal - A ridiculous mistake

Game 3 - Defoe hitting the post after De Gea flapping like a bird at a cross - A ridiculous mistake

Game 4 - Walcott's goal - A ridiculous mistake

The sample size is getting bigger and the calamitous errors just keep on coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

For the goal today De Gea could have saved it but to say it was a ridiculous mistake is a ridiculous mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Game 3 - Defoe hitting the post after De Gea flapping like a bird at a cross - A ridiculous mistake

The sample size is getting bigger and the calamitous errors just keep on coming.

It wasn't a ridiculous mistake today. Have a look at the vid I put up in the edit, that wasn't a mistake. It was our defences mistake to leave Walcott with an easy shot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Calamitous?

Not one has been detrimental to the team ffs.

He was great today.

How about starting a catalogue of Evra fckups :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

jaykay74 wrote: »
    How about starting a catalogue of Evra fckups :)

Yeah Jesus lads I dunno what to think of Evra. Ever since the World Cup he has just declined and declined. Hope he bounces back this season, otherwise Fabio will be snapping at his heels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Lads, you're deluding yourselves about that save...Van Persie's penalty was pathetic. It was an easy save.

Easy save or not, the lad still had to save it. I suppose it still would have been an easy save for him, had he dived the wrong side. Give him some fcuking credit!!

Deluded? Do you READ what people post.

I said it was a big moment and fair play to De Gea, how is that deluded.

The game would have been 1-1 if he dived the other way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

He is also 20 years old. That is ridiculous for a goalkeeper.

If De Gea (hopefully) improves, I'll be delighted to give him the credit that he deserves.

But he deserves zero credit for saving Van Persie's penalty. It was an awful penalty. Yes he guessed the right way but so what? Do we now praise people who were just lucky?

We need a quality number one 'keeper NOW...not a work in progress howler a game callow youth. The way City are motoring this season we cannot afford to throw away points. We've been lucky so far that de Gea's horrendous mistakes haven't cost us points. That can't last. It's worrying.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Can people please stop replying to the troll? It's getting really old at this stage.

Deluded? Do you READ what people post.

I said it was a big moment and fair play to De Gea, how is that deluded.

The game would have been 1-1 if he dived the other way.

It's crazy to give someone credit for something that's just blind luck. Walcott's goal was soft and there's no way that De Gea should have let it past him.

I've taken a lot of flak for my views on de Gea but guess what? I've been 100% right about him so far. It's not even grey. He's been sh1te so far for us. There's no middle ground here folks. As each game passes the de Gea howler catalogue gets bigger and bigger. I'm starting to think that I should do a Villas Boas and get into football management.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Can people please stop replying to the troll? It's getting really old at this stage.

Now he's gonna reply to you saying you're pathetic/your comment is pathetic/he's not a troll! :P

It's crazy to give someone credit for something that's just blind luck. Walcott's goal was soft and there's no way that De Gea should have let it past him.

I've taken a lot of flak for my views on de Gea but guess what? I've been 100% right about him so far. It's not even grey. He's been sh1te so far for us. There's no middle ground here folks. As each game passes the de Gea howler catalogue gets bigger and bigger. I'm starting to think that I should do a Villas Boas and get into football management.

OMG for the love of god please do this! It would be brilliant! You could get one of those reality shoes on Channel 4 and they could follow you for a season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Sean you forgot citys first goal in community shield . You deemed that his fault if my memory serves me right ?

Your above post is an embarrassment and a disgrace.

You brand someone a troll for speaking the truth.

You'd swear that I was claiming that the Earth is flat.

Guess what? De Gea IS sh1te. He's been an absolute and utter unmitigated disaster so far. He makes one disastrous mistake in every game. To deny that is just head in the sand ostrich stuff. And to brand someone a troll for pointing out the f..king obvious is as pathetic as it is childish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Apologies if it's been asked/answered already, anyone know how long welbeck is out for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Guess what? De Gea IS sh1te. He's been an absolute and utter unmitigated disaster so far. He makes one disastrous mistake in every game. To deny that is just head in the sand ostrich stuff. And to brand someone a troll for pointing out the f..king obvious is as pathetic as it is childish.

No

Sean you forgot citys first goal in community shield . You deemed that his fault if my memory serves me right ?

Nope...he wasn't entirely at fault for that goal to be fair. The defending was poor but notwithstanding that De Gea was dodgy. He should have come for the cross. It wasn't a howler though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Apologies if it's been asked/answered already, anyone know how long welbeck is out for?

4 or 5 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Lads Sean's clearly drawing on his decades of experience as a top class manager with one of the best scouting systems in the world to judge de gea, clearly he's right and Man united are horribly wrong.

Either that or he's just enjoying the attention, either way he makes it to the ignore list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

Ferguson said 4/5 weeks i think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

4-5 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

stop all this sh!t lads

8-2 we won today, Rooney was moving like jagger...sing along, lets party!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Thanks for the replies. 5 or 6 weeks to get hernandez back to full sharpness. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Ah yes the over the top statements, classic troll like behaviour. Why are people still responding. Obviously Sean wants some attention after his so called team winning 8-2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

Match of the day about to start.

Sean. De Gea saved the penalty. He deserves credit for doing so.

Everyone else, When Raf is fit again will he be able to get into the team? Smalling is an such an impressive footballer, he gets forward so often and he has an incredible engine (I think he could even play in midfield if it was ever needed), he doesn't make the rash decisions raf is prone to either. I am a bit shocked at how well he is doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Was part of you actually disappointed when he stoped the pen, why don't you get behind him and give the lad a chance, can't believe I'm defending a utd player I feel dirty

Lads Sean's clearly drawing on his decades of experience as a top class manager with one of the best scouting systems in the world to judge de gea, clearly he's right and Man united are horribly wrong.

Either that or he's just enjoying the attention, either way he makes it to the ignore list

Who gives a flying f..k what he did in Spain?

He's in England now. 4 competive games and at least one howler in each one. This "but he was great in Spain" stuff is embarrassing.

Equally ridiculous is your "Fergie is God" argument. Are you basically saying that Sir Alex and the club are incapable of making mistakes? Are you that naive? Do you honestly believe that you or I can't be right about something football related that Sir Alex has got wrong? That's just silly.

De Gea is absolutely the wrong guy to be United number one 'keeper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

First post since the match so here are my thoughts...

Going forward we were exceptional, it seem we're back to the free flowing football like the days of Ronaldo and Tevez, which is brilliant because when we play like that on form we more exciting to watch then any team on the planet.

I though Rooney was again phenomenal. Since the turn of the year I can't think of any player apart from Messi who has been as good. With a full pre-season behind him, he could have his best season yet and hopefully stay injury/controversy free.

I thought we were relatively poor at that back but thats to be expected with the lack of experience. We were missing 3 of first choice back 4 so I don't think we should worry too much about our defensive problems today.

In relation to De Gea, we can sit here like some people and focus on the SLIGHT mistake he made for the goal and talk about how he's an unmitigated disaster or we can talk about his 4 fantastic saves and talk about the fact that he looks a lot more confident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Was wondering when this nonsense would start up again, De Gea was outstanding today and had 3 saves I am still trying to figure out how he made them, and the peno still had to be saved regardless of how bad VP hit it. Walcott's goal was a disappointment due to how well he played overall but keepers make these mistakes, even van de man made them ffs. Besides I actualy thought the defender on the middle was more to blame for playing Walcott onside, think it was Evans?

What is "over the top" about pointing out the bleedin' obvious?

De Gea's had a disastrous start to his United career.

He's not the right guy for the job.

I'm right and Sir Alex is wrong.

Here's another one for you: Danny Wellbeck isn't good enough to be starting for United. Long term his career's gonna see him at Everton or the like. To be fair though Fergie knows this.

How did Jones not suffer a break or tear with that Arshavin challenge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

How did Jones not suffer a break or tear with that Arshavin challenge?

Cos he is a tank........

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

Here's another one for you: Danny Wellbeck isn't good enough to be starting for United. Long term his career's gonna see him at Everton or the like. To be fair though Fergie knows this.
    LMAO! He's had 1 full season in the PL in which he was fantastic up until he was injured and now he's had a great start to the season with Utd and is keeping last season's top goalscorer and Hernandez out of the team. Yeah but you're right he shows all the signs of an average player :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    Cos he is a tank........

That would explain everything......

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

You're a funny guy....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭CptMackey

I'm not sure if your being sarcastic or what. Just watching the highlights there and de gea had a very good game. Saved a pen and everything. Give the lad a chance
    He is only in his early 20's. Wellbeck is playing class and is unlucky to be injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Would you agree that he is showing improvement from game 1 to todays game?
    I would say he has made good progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

LOLZ

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement