Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

If you don't have the intelligence to understand the point that I'm making, you shouldn't comment.

Hehe, nice try with the baiting. You should be more subtle though, commenting on my intelligence after you have posted half a novel's worth of shíte is a bit transparent. I ain't biting mate.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Sean, what do you think of Anderson and his future at United?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Andersons facial expressions are seriously making him a bit of a legend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Also did anyone else see the eyes Anderson was giving Szczesny during the second free kick? Looked like he was trying to put him off. It was hilarious to see in the slow motion replay. Think he was doing it for the first free kick too. I assume when Rooney was staying back after training to practice free kicks, Anderson was in the training room practicing those faces in the mirror. In fairness it worked on both counts.

Yeah he always does it, it's gas when you're at the game. They showed Szczesny laughing at him before Rooney scored the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

I wonder what Sean would have said when Giggs Scholes Neville Beckham & Butt were coming through the ranks .

'You'll never win anything with kids'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

RasTa wrote: »
    Yeah he always does it, it's gas when you're at the game. They showed Szczesny laughing at him before Rooney scored the first.

Aw I wanna see this now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

8-2 and certain posters are moaning.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........................

Penny dropped yet?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Also did anyone else see the eyes Anderson was giving Szczesny during the second free kick? Looked like he was trying to put him off. It was hilarious to see in the slow motion replay. Think he was doing it for the first free kick too. I assume when Rooney was staying back after training to practice free kicks, Anderson was in the training room practicing those faces in the mirror. In fairness it worked on both counts.

I undertand Anderson was psyching the keeper out, but was Rooney using him to lineup the shot too?

Szczesny was laughing at Ando during the first one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

RasTa wrote: »

That's brilliant! First time I noticed it today. Don't know how I didn't see it before. In fairness it was probably all Szczesny had to smile about all day!

Edit: Twas the first free kick goal actually that I noticed it. Just watched the replay of the second on MotD.

Redit: was the second one actually. Had forgotten Young got the second goal in the game. Hard to keep track when there were so many!

smokedeels wrote: »
    I undertand Anderson was psyching the keeper out, but was Rooney using him to lineup the shot too?

Szczesny was laughing at Ando during the first one :D

Chicharito did it last season, was it against West Brom he scored when the keeper blocked the free and Chicharito pounced on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

I wonder what Sean would have said when Giggs Scholes Neville Beckham & Butt were coming through the ranks .

Not good enough. I can't believe we sold Ince, Hughes and Kanchelskis to accommodate these lads. I mean Giggs yeah, fair enough. But the rest of them are not good enough. That result against Villa was an unmitigated disaster. One game, one shocking result. Time up. No one will be happier than me if they work out well but the fact is that they won't, because they're not good enough. Can't believe we are giving this Neville chancer games, we could have signed Warren Barton. And Butt? You know we could have signed Mark Draper? Newcastle are gonna run away with the title because these kids are gonna make so many howlers. How many points will they cost us this season? Too many. Not good enough. Fergie is wrong and I am right.

troll-face.png

mars bar wrote: »
    Chicharito did it last season, was it against West Brom he scored when the keeper blocked the free and Chicharito pounced on it?

No sorry, it was Ando doing the psyching out the keeper thing but it was Chicharito that finished it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Almost home now, Unbelieveable game, some stunning goals.videoed the first rooney goal as from right behind the goal as anderson was just halarious, will post it tomorrow, too tired now to do it.

Almost home now, Unbelieveable game, some stunning goals.videoed the first rooney goal as from right behind the goal as anderson was just halarious, will post it tomorrow, too tired now to do it.

Can't wait to see that video!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Sean Baitman should have gone to Specsavers!

because he is the most short-sighted football fan in the world.

Also, City fans should be thanking their lucky stars Sean Baitman doesn't 'support' their team as they would have had to put up with 6 to 8 months of hyperbolic bullshít WRT Dzeko. Look at him now... Amazing what a player can do once he has settled.

Just saw the Ando - Szczesny thing now!

:pac: Szczesny says "I'm watching you" to Ando!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

@ Sean Baitman - 150 (approx )posts in main thread since start of this season and yet only 330 other ones in nearly 2 years - were you on a long holiday or something, just curious, not exactly a regular in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    @ Sean Baitman - 150 (approx )posts in main thread since start of this season and yet only 330 other ones in nearly 2 years - were you on a long holiday or something, just curious, not exactly a regular in here.
    Id say he is a regular poster this season tbh or is there a certain amount of seasons with a certain number of posts each season to be considered a regular?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

niallo27 wrote: »
    Your above post is an embarrassment and a disgrace.

You brand someone a troll for speaking the truth.

You'd swear that I was claiming that the Earth is flat.

Guess what? De Gea IS sh1te. He's been an absolute and utter unmitigated disaster so far. He makes one disastrous mistake in every game. To deny that is just head in the sand ostrich stuff. And to brand someone a troll for pointing out the f..king obvious is as pathetic as it is childish.

Was part of you actually disappointed when he stoped the pen, why don't you get behind him and give the lad a chance, can't believe I'm defending a utd player I feel dirty
    Not gonna bother replying to the troll, but welcome back niallo :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Just saw the Ando - Szczesny thing now!

:pac: Szczesny says "I'm watching you" to Ando!

Link?

Also

scaled.php?tn=0&server=611&filename=j7rj1.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,922 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Great game great result & a thread full of SB BS :D

titan18 wrote: »
    Link?

Football First on Sky Sports!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

im sure if the mods did a gimp check, the above time frame would match a certain poster or 2 that was banned off here.

i cant believe ye all keep falling for his rubbish and reply. if ye have issues with it, just ignore it and it will go away.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Id say he is a regular poster this season tbh or is there a certain amount of seasons with a certain number of posts each season to be considered a regular?

Just wondering. For someone to be so 'passionate' 'informative' 'knowledgable' and certainly as vocal about 'his' club I'm just surprised he wasn't as regular before the last few weeks.

As I said, just curious as I'm not a regular in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Not gonna bother replying to the troll, but welcome back niallo :)

Cheers man

im sure if the mods did a gimp check, the above time frame would match a certain poster or 2 that was banned off here.

i cant believe ye all keep falling for his rubbish and reply. if ye have issues with it, just ignore it and it will go away.

Easier said than done coz the sheer volume of people in here will mean someone will bite.

Anyway guys, Anderson on in swinging corners? They have been very good corners but seem to have gone slightly unnoticed coz nobody has met with one to score so far. Better than Nani's corners from that side anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Another bench job for Berbatov. Great Fergie has seen the light on him. Surely we are not going to pay that waster such wages to sit on the bench.

Will we finally see him go this week?

NickDrake wrote: »
    Another bench job for Berbatov. Great Fergie has seen the light on him. Surely we are not going to pay that waster such wages to sit on the bench.

Will we finally see him go this week?

Doubt he's on astronomical wages and what a player to have on your bench eh?

Welbeck out for 5 weeks means Berbatov will be getting quite some game time with CL games coming up...

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

Wouldn't surprise me tbh, I hope not because I love him but it just doesn't make sense to keep him as 4th possibly 5th choice...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

redzerdrog wrote: »

Just wondering. For someone to be so 'passionate' 'informative' 'knowledgable' and certainly as vocal about 'his' club I'm just surprised he wasn't as regular before the last few weeks.

As I said, just curious as I'm not a regular in here.
    I dont know why but I actually dont think he is a troll just possibly not very bright but I know from the liverpool page the most iritating/stupid troll like comment can come from your own supporters we had the same with fink godie and ardent whi were both suppose to be liverpool fans

I'd put money on Diouf being sold before Berbatov.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

I'd put money on Diouf being sold before Berbatov.
    When nani was subbed berba looked happy on the sidelines, he's a smart guy and I'm sure he knows there will be plenty of games over the course of the season!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Berba'll get games, Fergie's already said he'd feature in the Champions League games...

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    When nani was subbed berba looked happy on the sidelines, he's a smart guy and I'm sure he knows there will be plenty of games over the course of the season!

Definitely. He'll get his opportunity to break his record of however long of not scoring in Europe. Owen will be given European games like last season too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Random de Gea is sh1te quote.

Are you just jealous because he can grow hair on his face , and you haven't quite reached that stage yet?

Seriously, the naivety & short-sightedness of some of your posts are ludicrous. In a Sean Bateman world, there would be no youth teams/players, people would be judged from birth wether they were born to play soccer or not, and no one would ever make a mistake.. ever. Get a f*cking grip

Fight trolling with trolling!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

oh yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

lets keep quoting!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

DM-ICE wrote: »

Everyone else, When Raf is fit again will he be able to get into the team? Smalling is an such an impressive footballer, he gets forward so often and he has an incredible engine (I think he could even play in midfield if it was ever needed), he doesn't make the rash decisions raf is prone to either. I am a bit shocked at how well he is doing.

I think Fergie has decided that Smalling is simply too good to leave out of the side, hence the move to right back. Obviously Rio and Vidic are near undroppable, and he has found a way to accommodate Smalling. If one of Rio/Vidic is out or rested, I think you will generally see Smalling move to centre half with a Da Silva coming in on the right. Against the stronger teams (such as Spurs and Bale) Smalling may stay on the right with Jones or Evans coming in at CB. The options are endless.

I have no hesitation in saying that Smalling will be one of the top 3 defenders in the world in a few years. Despite all the hype about our other youngsters, he is the one im the most excited about. Capello basically named him as Englands next RB in an interview yesterday, which is good for him.

I notice how you and others ask about Rafael getting his game upon return from injury. Well Fabio is currently not injured and he hasn't as of yet. People seem to assume that Rafael is first choice RB despite Fabio passing him out at the tail end of last season and starting the CL final. There is no reason to assume that Rafael is above his brother on the depth chart at the moment.

Fabio shouldn't be on the bench next game week against Bolton. He should be playing at LB. Evra was grand going forward today, better than he has been in a while but his defending needs a good bit of improving. Fabio can't really do any worse...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Id say we are gonna see some players leave over the next few days. Would not be at all surprised to see Berbatov leave, The fact that he was left of the bench for the champions league squad says it all. Others to be left off that night, O shea - gone Wes - gone Obertan - gone Gibson - going.

Either Diouf or Macheda will be loaned out to premiership clubs maybe both. Likely destinations could be norwich and Everton.

Nobody will join in the last few days however.

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Id say we are gonna see some players leave over the next few days. Would not be at all surprised to see Berbatov leave, The fact that he was left of the bench for the champions league squad says it all. Others to be left off that night, O shea - gone Wes - gone Obertan - gone Gibson - going.

Either Diouf or Macheda will be loaned out to premiership clubs maybe both. Likely destinations could be norwich and Everton.

Nobody will join in the last few days however.

Don't think Gibson is going any where as he is injured. Maybe in the January window he'll leave *fingers crossed*.

I really don't think Berbatov will leave and I really hope he doesn't.

Fergie felt Berbatov wasn't the right player for the night in question in Spain, I don't think it says much more than that really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

what a performance & result against arsenal and it was especially sweet when you have to get up for 3 in the morning to watch it :D it was so worth it.

disappointed with the marking for the 2 goals we conceeded but cant really complain. our passing is just gone so slick and is a joy to watch.

once again, Nani was so frustrating. plenty of times he got in great positions and he chose the wrong option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Not to be starting the Berba hating but I'd sell him now to be honest while he still has a bit of market value. He's 4th or 5th choice, but could still bring in a hefty transfer fee and an 80k per week player off the books.

Depth is all well and good, but even if say 2 of our top 3 forwards get injured, he's not going to get much playing time. Fergie will just play 1 up there with young and Nani supporting. Against weaker teams, either Owen or Macheda are acceptable striking options.

It's time to start pitching Macheda in a bit and see if he's got what it takes to stay here. The last thing I want is for him not to get his chance and ignite elsewhere ala Rossi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Might get my first name changed from Sean to something else. Not feeling it lately.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Might get my first name changed from Sean to something else. Not feeling it lately.....
    Trollface...or is it too similar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,922 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

SAF said recently that Berba is definitely not leaving.

Discodog wrote: »
    SAF said recently that Berba is definitely not leaving.

With Welbeck injured it'd be a mistake to sell him.

He'll feature a lot this season for ye I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Sometimes I wonder why I don't post as much as I used to in here. Then I see the sh1te that has been spouted after an 8-2 WIN!!!!!!!!! yesterday, and it all comes flooding back.

Absolutely amazing result yesterday. Couldn't have asked for more to be honest. Well, if I was greedy I could have ;)

On Walcotts goal. I put more of the blame on Evans than the keeper. Plays both Theo and RVP onside, then isn't quick enough to get across to close him down. Maybe De Gea thought Evans was gonna cut it out so wasn't set properly. I don't know.

That's all I'm saying on De Gea, I've already posted one long reply on him before to a certain individual and I'm not going down that road again because it clearly goes over their head.

I'm also going to have to disagree with Headshot on Danny Wellbeck. I think Wellbeck will be a cracking player for United. It's unfortunate he's gotten injured because he was playing great stuff recently.

As much as I love Chico, I think Danny brings more to the team. He has a better 1st touch and his link up play with the whole team seems much better.

That is no way a dig at Chico, I really do think he is a great player and am genuinely happy when he starts, ,but I'm actually glad to see Welbeck getting game time too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

nicklauski wrote: »
    As much as I love Chico, I think Danny brings more to the team. He has a better 1st touch and his link up play with the whole team seems much better.

Isnt it great to have the two of them though? City buy them, we make them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,335 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

nicklauski wrote: »

That is no way a dig at Chico, I really do think he is a great player and am genuinely happy when he starts, ,but I'm actually glad to see Welbeck getting game time too.

Said the same to my dad yesterday - however great a finisher Chico is, his build up play is generally poor - passing and crossing are way behind the other players in the team. His first touch, when not setting himself up for a shot, is fairly poor too. Danny has a lot more about his general game than Chico, but the mexican's finishing is superb.

Two very good options.

Very surprised Chico didn't get on the score sheet yesterday - never really looked like doing so either - probably needs some time to get back on form.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I don't see any advantage in selling Berba. The squad would be worse without him. No time to get a replacement. He has shown that he won't be a disruptive influence when he doesn't play. But most important, last season he showed how much he can contribute to the side when he does play. If anything happened Rooney we would soon see how. Important berba is.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement