Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The posts this morning were a joy to read now we are back to De Gea again!

I think its great to read United fans being positive about De Gea. That's what good fans do, they look for the positives as an indicator of what a young player can become. De Gea is doing things that show he has huge potential.

Its the same with Welbeck or Cleverly. They are not perfect but they are showing signs of being real quality players so we get behind them.

Smalling made a few mistakes last year but again the positives were there and look how quickly he has improved and became consistent. He is already an important player.

Rafael made lots of mistakes at first and it is taking a little longer than Smalling to become consistent with his decisions but he is getting there.

Mistakes are to be expected from young players. Its when they are not something a bit special from time to time that you need to worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

niallo27 wrote: »
    Do you expect him to come in here and say how great utd are and how wonderful life is, if you take the red goggles off for a minute you will see he is talking sense, if an utd fan had made the same comments as him you would probaly agree with him.

I'm surprised you came back after this gem

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71231950&postcount=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I've been rumbled :D

Dont worry fellow utd fan, I wouldnt say a thing. Your secret is safe with me

I think it's good to get the views of rival fans tbh. I welcome them in the pool thread by plenty of great rival posters.

It's what makes boards a great forum.

Otherwise it'd be nonsense like Red Cafe or RAWK etc.

Redcafe is fine, Rawk is full of bitters like this from their 50+ page matchday thread for a United game :confused:http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=280157.2000

Although I hear red issue is similar. CHD was the greatest poster in rival team threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

RasTa wrote: »

I have changed my ways since my ban i want to embrace all utd fans and love one and all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I'd say it'll be Jones and Smalling in the middle as Rio isn't in the squad.

edit: lol, I'm completely forgetting about Terry. Fúck it, Jones/Smalling > Terry/Lescott.

Capello has basically said in an interview that Smalling will be RB. I'm guessing he'll go with Lescott in the middle with Terry.
    Tom_Brady wrote: »
    That can't be true surely? I doub't we've ever been more than 2/1 for a home win :confused:

Edit: n/m, seen your edit!

I remember getting 5/2 vs Chelsea at home back in the dark old days. Was too young had to get my oul lad to put on the bet. Darren Fletcher's header paid for a few playstation games that day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I have changed my ways since my ban i want to embrace all utd fans and love one and all

Great start alright

Redcafe is fine, Rawk is full of bitters like this from their 50+ page matchday thread for a United game :confused:http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=280157.2000

Although I hear red issue is similar. CHD was the greatest poster in rival team threads.

You actually went searching rawk? Fair play

There's saddo supporters in every club tbf ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

TheTownie wrote: »
    Ya just look at how popular Baitman is in here! :pac:

In fairness, I'm not slating DeGea or saying he's gonna be a flop. Just that praising his performances so far or saying it looks like he's gonna be brilliant for Utd is a bit weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Mr Alan is grand. It's better to have him posting here than not at all. I disagree that he doesn't give Utd enough credit. I think he does sometimes but I'd prefer him not to do it too often because..eh.. it just wouldn't feel right. Constructive criticism from opposition fans is all good with me and Mr Alan's contributions are most certainly constructive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Thread is gone to shít, what the hell happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Mr Alan wrote: »
    TheTownie wrote: »
    Ya just look at how popular Baitman is in here! :pac:

In fairness, I'm not slating DeGea or saying he's gonna be a flop. Just that praising his performances so far or saying it looks like he's gonna be brilliant for Utd is a bit weird.
    He is going to be brilliant for united, not based off his first few games for united, but from what I saw of him last season.

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    He is going to be brilliant for united, not based off his first few games for united, but from what I saw of him last season.

A dangerous game to play. The history of football transfers is full of people who were brilliant at one club but for one reason or another couldn't do it at a particular time for one reason or another.

When we're talking about performances which came as a teenager, it's even more true.

Trilla wrote: »

International break... f*ck em!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Trilla wrote: »

Bateman.

He has reduced the DDG argument to retardisms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

De Gea is a good goalie and im sure he will develop into a very good goalie but he scares the ****e out of me everytime he comes off his line for a cross. Fact is there isnt much crossing for headers in spain and there isnt too many 6 foot strikers there also.

He seems to be afraid when coming off his line and that is not a good thing. I would not like to see him play against a Chelsea team bombing balls into Drogba and playing against Stoke.

So far we have gotten away with his mistakes but eventually there are going to cost us, i just hope they dont cost us the title!

na na na na na na na bateman, na na na na bateman, bateman, batman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

You actually went searching rawk? Fair play

There's saddo supporters in every club tbf ;)

Them matchday threads on RAWK when United are playing are brilliant at times. I remember the one where we came from 2-1 to beat Villa with Macheda's goal in the last minute. It's honestly the one of the funniest things ive ever read on the internet.

There's a poster on there called Andy@Allerton. The single most bitter person ive ever seen write. I'm actually scared that one day he's going to come out and say it's all a WUM. It's brilliant to think that someone that bitter exists. Some of the conspiracy theorists are hilarious aswell.

To be fair i'm sure if you could read the threads at Red Issue they would be much the same. Well, without the conspiracy theories and bitterness.....but the wishing injuries on players and 'A,B,C are crap' etc are probably there.

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Them matchday threads on RAWK when United are playing are brilliant at times. I remember the one where we came from 2-1 to beat Villa with Macheda's goal in the last minute. It's honestly the one of the funniest things ive ever read on the internet.

There's a poster on there called Andy@Allerton. The single most bitter person ive ever seen write. I'm actually scared that one day he's going to come out and say it's all a WUM. It's brilliant to think that someone that bitter exists. Some of the conspiracy theorists are hilarious aswell.

To be fair i'm sure if you could read the threads at Red Issue they would be much the same. Well, without the conspiracy theories and bitterness.....but the wishing injuries on players and 'A,B,C are crap' etc are probably there.

Rawk used to be a great site but its a victim of its own success, its too big now

• Advertisement

Inter have signed Andrea Poli on loan for the season - a central midfielder.

Sneijder said it's likely he will stay at Inter 'but anything can happen in football' - no ****.

Rene Meulensteen(United first team coach) is quoted tonight in the Dutch media as saying the deal is still possible.

Van Der Kraan(Dutch journalist that has interviewed Sneijder a few times) was cagey and basically said he's in the dark over the whole thing. Doesn't know anything. All he did was confirm the Meulensteen's quotes came from a reputable source and say Sneijder's agent would not comment on anything regarding his client's future. Actually, he also said Sneijder is not money motivated and would like to join United for pure Sporting ambitions.

And that's where we are. Probably nothing will happen but to quote Sneijder 'anything can happen'.

The 1st of September can't come quick enough.

Fanzone from the weekend.

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,16460_7136066,00.html

I would pay 100 quid to Alan and Homerjay to do a fanzone on camera during a Liverpool v United game but one of them would probably be at the match.

I would pay 100 quid to Alan and Homerjay to do a fanzone on camera during a Liverpool v United game but one of them would probably be at the match.

"Did ya see that"

The Arsenal fan " no I didn't"

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

That's how I imagined Gary Neville would be as a pundit

It's 6-2 and we win a penalty.

Utd fan; 'Send him off, send him off. I want a red caard, I want a red caaard'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Headshot wrote: »
    "Did ya see that"

The Arsenal fan " no I didn't"

United fella sounds like Andy Gray a bit!

"You shoot, you score. That's what happens!"

3:04 is hilarious!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Did anyone hear that morrisson is after getting his last warning? Stealing watches from the dressing room I'm hearing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Did anyone hear that morrisson is after getting his last warning? Stealing watches from the dressing room I'm hearing.

source mate?

time is ticking away for that lad

Have no source just one of the lads text me there asking did I hear anything about it. Hope it's not true but you couldn't put it past him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Oh sweet mother of Jesus!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

are you mad??? alan doesnt go to games, he is too busy posting on the united thread, he would be too scared to miss something on here. :p:p

n32 wrote: »
    Oh sweet mother of Jesus!

LMAO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

He sounds more like a character in Shameless then a Utd footballer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

I expected much more brown nosing tbh.

Kind of the whole problem here, isn't it?

No wonder a lot of guys leave or just don't bother posting anymore. It's grand to have debate. But if you debate the same thing over and over again without balance then your argument is invalid. Balance means seeing both sides of the coin.

You can't argue that. But go ahead, you will anyway.

I'm trying to find any info about it but nothing turning up. I'll ask where he heard it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

here is the video of yesterday that i did, first time ive took a video during a game, normally dont bother....was pure luck, the only reason i did it was to get anderson taking the mickey out of the pole in goal...you can see him copying him bending down and then moving his head around in circles...was pure quality :)

One of the lads mentioned it to him in the pub yesterday so who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭jaykay74

na na na na na na na bateman, na na na na bateman, bateman, batman

1d79fed7-10dd-47af-8af3-401de0e4ff13.jpg

Le King wrote: »
    I expected much more brown nosing tbh.

Kind of the whole problem here, isn't it?

No wonder a lot of guys leave or just don't bother posting anymore. It's grand to have debate. But if you debate the same thing over and over again without balance then your argument is invalid. Balance means seeing both sides of the coin.

You can't argue that. But go ahead, you will anyway.

This is my first time really discussing DeGea here.

And I'm being very balanced in talking about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Mr Alan wrote: »
    This is my first time really discussing DeGea here.

And I'm being very balanced in talking about him.

Your right there. You never stop to critisice anything to do with United

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

here is the video of yesterday that i did, first time ive took a video during a game, normally dont bother....was pure luck, the only reason i did it was to get anderson taking the mickey out of the pole in goal...you can see him copying him bending down and then moving his head around in circles...was pure quality :)

I love it, and its brilliant too with all the noise and chanting, then when he takes the freekick almost like pure silence, then eruption.

God I miss OT, must go back this year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

What is all this bullshít of jumping down Mr Alan's throat all about.

The observations people are making of De Gea is perfectly legitamate.

Yesterday he made some excellent saves, he saved a poorly struck penalty and let in an extremely soft goal, beaten at his near post and he let it go through his legs.

Every game he's played he's made at least one major fúck up. Can people not see this?

To be honest if users think that opposition fans shouldn't comment on other teams thread then boards isn't for you. If your attitude is that then go away to a loony bin like RedCafe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

I love it, and its brilliant too with all the noise and chanting, then when he takes the freekick almost like pure silence, then eruption.

God I miss OT, must go back this year.

There's nothing better in the world than being in the Stretford End when United score! I'll be there for the Manchester derby in October, cannot wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Pun intentional? :P

Twitter rumour or based on something tangible ? I've seen nothing about it online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

If your attitude is that then go away to a loony bin like RedCafe.

What is it lately with people hating on RedCafe? It's biased alright, but it never stoops to the lows of Rawk or Bluemoon or any of those hate-filled sites. You won't ever see anyone getting away with Munich, Heysel, Hillsborough comments, or with wishing death or injury on opponents. Unlike other forums.

FWIW, I think it's good to have opposition fans in the thread.

#15 wrote: »
    What is it lately with people hating on RedCafe? It's biased alright, but it never stoops to the lows of Rawk or Bluemoon or any of those hate-filled sites. You won't ever see anyone getting away with Munich, Heysel, Hillsborough comments, or with wishing death or injury on opponents. Unlike other forums.

FWIW, I think it's good to have opposition fans in the thread.

I have being on rawk for a long time and no one ever wished death on a player and also any munich comments would get you banned

Interesting to see if Utd send a few players out on loan before the transfer deadline. Don't think Macheda will feature much for 1st team. Better off out there playing so he can be judged properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Every game he's played he's made at least one major fúck up.

I think you will find the word your looking for is horrendous. :p Should have its own tag by now tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

I have being on rawk for a long time and no one ever wished death on a player and also any munich comments would get you banned

They have, I've seen the quotes. Maybe it has cleaned up a bit the last while but it used to have quite a few posters wishing death and injuries on Utd players.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement