Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

#15 wrote: »
    They have, I've seen the quotes. Maybe it has cleaned up a bit the last while but it used to have quite a few posters wishing death and injuries on Utd players.

Whatever about injuries, im sure anyone that wished death on a player was banned straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

They have, I've seen the quotes. Maybe it has cleaned up a bit the last while but it used to have quite a few posters wishing death and injuries on Utd players.

You get that kind of stuff here too tbh from time to time.
    Mr Alan wrote: »
    hope Michael Owen spends every day of the rest of his career injured. I make no bones about it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62337120&postcount=4622

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

niallo27 wrote: »
    Whatever about injuries, im sure anyone that wished death on a player was banned straight away

No, I've seen posts wishing death on Ferguson and no action taken. It's a scummy place IME.
    Fair enough if you have had different experiences with it, I haven't looked at it in quite a while so I will take your word for it that it has changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

No, I've seen posts wishing death on Ferguson and no action taken. It's a scummy place IME.
    Fair enough if you have had different experiences with it, I haven't looked at it in quite a while so I will take your word for it that it has changed.

I'm not on RAWK, but I do read it from time to time, and I fcuking hate it

However, I've never seen anyone on there wishing death on SAF, there's the usual whiskey references etc, but nothing to the extent of wishing him dead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Blatter wrote: »
    Inter have signed Andrea Poli on loan for the season - a central midfielder.

Sneijder said it's likely he will stay at Inter 'but anything can happen in football' - no ****.

Rene Meulensteen(United first team coach) is quoted tonight in the Dutch media as saying the deal is still possible.

Van Der Kraan(Dutch journalist that has interviewed Sneijder a few times) was cagey and basically said he's in the dark over the whole thing. Doesn't know anything. All he did was confirm the Meulensteen's quotes came from a reputable source and say Sneijder's agent would not comment on anything regarding his client's future. Actually, he also said Sneijder is not money motivated and would like to join United for pure Sporting ambitions.

And that's where we are. Probably nothing will happen but to quote Sneijder 'anything can happen'.

The 1st of September can't come quick enough.

Speaking of Poli, this made me laugh:

Andrea Poli arrives at Inter: "Zanetti is my inspiration". Sources say he now plans to keep same haircut for next twenty years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

jaykay74 wrote: »
    You get that kind of stuff here too tbh from time to time.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62337120&postcount=4622

I stand over that.

It ain't far off happening either tbf! :p

People should get right down off any high horse, I ain't looking for him to get his legs amputated after a car crash or get aids or anything. Niggly hamstrings etc will suffice.

There's plenty of examples in this & previous Utd threads of people celebrating the injuries of rival players before ties against them etc so don't be so precious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

If Javier Hernandez somehow ended up at Liverpool for the twilight of his career after spending 8 years with us, I think it would be perfectly reasonable of me to wish death on the man:pac:

Sky Italia are apparently reporting that Federico Macheda will join Newcastle on loan.

That would be a deal that I'd like to see happen. Should get game time there with them being short of numbers (and quality) up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Sky Italia are apparently reporting that Federico Macheda will join Newcastle on loan.

That would be a deal that I'd like to see happen. Should get game time there with them being short of numbers (and quality) up front.

ugh

Another Rossi **** up

Headshot wrote: »
    ugh

Another Rossi **** up

It's better than him going back to Italy anyway. Just because Rossi had a disaster of a time at Newcastle doesn't mean Macheda will.

• Advertisement

It's better than him going back to Italy anyway. Just because Rossi had a disaster of a time at Newcastle doesn't mean Macheda will.

what to bet? :D

He'll barely get games at Newcastle because they'll be in a relegation fight

Bolton would of been a brilliant move for him

He might not have got games at Bolton though. Klasnic is looking **** hot and Davies isn't going to be dropped.

Newcastle have Leon Best and Shola Ameobi up front. Now I'm sure you don't need me to tell you which pairing he'll find it easier to break up:D

Newcastle have 7 points out of 9 so far. I don't think they'll be in as much trouble as people think.

He might not have got games at Bolton though. Klasnic is looking **** hot and Davies isn't going to be dropped.

Newcastle have Leon Best and Shola Ameobi up front. Now I'm sure you don't need me to tell you which pairing he'll find it easier to break up:D

Newcastle have 7 points out of 9 so far. I don't think they'll be in as much trouble as people think.

They had their best player during those periods

I worry it will be another Palermo for Kiko where he'll start games but when the team gets in a relegation fight, he'll be dropped

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3782184/Russians-Anzhi-Makhachkala-want-25million-Nemanja-Vidic.html
    NEMANJA VIDIC is a shock £25million target for mega-rich Anzhi Makhachkala.
    The Russians want to follow their £20m capture of Inter striker Samuel Eto'o by adding a top-class defender.

And United skipper Vidic, 29, is at No 1 on their wanted list — with a top Russian source telling SunSport that a bid for the Serbian is "imminent".

The news will have United boss Alex Ferguson sweating, especially with just two days left of the transfer window.

Fergie may have a glut of centre-backs but will not want to lose his leader, who cost £7m from Spartak Moscow in January 2006, at any price.

That will not stop Anzhi testing United's resolve — especially as money is no object for the Manchester City of Russia's top flight.

Anzhi are controlled by Russian billionaire Suleyman Kerimou, who has an estimated personal fortune of £5bn.

He stunned the football world last week with his swoop for Eto'o, who is said to be on a whopping £300,000 a week.

Lets hope this is one of the 80+% bull**** stories from The Sun.

Anzhi can fúck right off.

I worry it will be another Palermo for Kiko where he'll start games but when the team gets in a relegation fight, he'll be dropped

I understand your fears but relax, don't worry about things that are out of your control:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

oh no a bid.....Vidic will tell them to piss off right after the club does

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa.png

Genius.

I assume you are the poster highlighted in the red box.

You're a disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I assume you are the poster highlighted in the red box.

You're a disgrace.

Awwwww ;(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

niallo27 wrote: »
    I have being on rawk for a long time and no one ever wished death on a player and also any munich comments would get you banned

No Munich but plenty wishing death on United players or Rooney to break his leg etc etc. I could find some if you wish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

After the way Owen Coyle looked after Wiltshire and Sturridge you would think big clubs would be looking to loan to Bolton...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

RasTa wrote: »
    No Munich but plenty wishing death on United players or Rooney to break his leg etc etc. I could find some if you wish.

Do please, say hello to the boys on rawk when your there, they would love you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

I stand over that.

It ain't far off happening either tbf! :p

People should get right down off any high horse, I ain't looking for him to get his legs amputated after a car crash or get aids or anything. Niggly hamstrings etc will suffice.

There's plenty of examples in this & previous Utd threads of people celebrating the injuries of rival players before ties against them etc so don't be so precious.

Hoping someone misses the rest of their career through injury is not really the same as "delighted Sagna is out this weekend". Just seems vindictive. Never mind though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,337 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

ugh

Another Rossi **** up

Rossi was under a different regieme - different set of players, different manager, different tactics.

Owen was also at Newcastle at the time, they owned him, and they used him poorly (same long ball tactics that Rossi struggled with). It wasn't down to Rossi being on loan that they screwed him, it was down to poor tactics and managerial decisions in general.

A possible Kiko loan may not work out - loans have that habbit - but I wouldn't be using the Rossi situation against this move, things are different.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3782184/Russians-Anzhi-Makhachkala-want-25million-Nemanja-Vidic.html

Lets hope this is one of the 80+% bull**** stories from The Sun.

Anzhi can fúck right off.

They can bid all they want - United will not sell. He is the captain of the team. Not worried about this at all. Also, with stories of Vidic looking at a move away from United as his wife didn't like the weather and wanted to move to a sunnier climate.... I don't think a move to Russia will be something she is pushing him towards! (though obviously he never left United over this climate/wife issue so it is very questionable as to whether there is one)

Sampdoria.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Macheda looks to be on his way to Newcastle, disaster of a club for him to be going on loan too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

SkySports now reporting that Sneijder will stay at Inter this summer. Hmm. Didnt quite make it that clear, and if the words of the Dutch journo is anything to go by, Wesley is playing it real nice in the hope he does not anger his club (hence the refusal to hand in the dreaded transfer request)

Would have been nice to see a Rooney-Sneijder swapping around while Hernandez/Welbeck ran in behind, but I think we should have enough in the tank this season to cause enough damage to most Premier League teams.

On another note, what effect will the Forlan transfer have on the proposed Sneijder deal? Especially with Gasperini keen to change the formation from the Mourinho/Rafa days. Will Sneijders position be a thing of the past to Inter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Macheda to Sunderland in the Daily Fail, so maybe there is some truth to a loan deal of some sort. I would defo look forward to it as he looked sharp in pre-season and deserves some game time. He is more likely to do that away from OT this season I feel. I genuinly think a year away with a decent team and more structured team set up can do the lad a world of good and he may indeed fulfull his potenetial.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Whats the jist of it !?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Whats the jist of it !?
    People talking on the radio about Ravel Morrison.

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Whats the jist of it !?

He is really talented, but is in trouble too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Thanks for all your help.........
    People talking on the radio about Ravel Morrison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Holy ****.

Iago, you're usually a pretty level headed fella, but this is lunacy!
    Originally Posted by Iago
    De Gea looks like a fantastic signing, he's going to make some mistakes but I've seen enough already to make me believe that he's going to be incredible. Some of his saves yesterday were world class.

All of his saves yesterday were saves that he should've made. If any of them went in, people would have rightly criticised him for it.

One of them came as a result of him not properly turning a shot around the post or out further wide.

And of course he was very poor for the goal.

All goalkeepers are capable of pulling off good saves, that's why they're professional goalies, the difference between top class ones & average ones is the frequency of the mistakes they make and how they recover from them, so far, this fella is making one bad mistake per game.

So while writing him off is extremely premature. Jizzing over how good what you've seen so far, is ****ing lunacy.

I'm not going to quote all of the posts but they were all saying the same thing as this one so it's much of a muchness.

I'm not saying he's the second coming of christ, although they both have an aversion to crosses, ba dum tish, thank you thank you, I'm here all week.

Seriously though, I don't see the problem with my quote above. So why do I think he's a fantastic signing, lots of reasons really.

Firstly we've already seen some great examples of his shot stopping ability. He has been tested in every game we've had and he has made some excellent saves. The save from the Micah Richards header in the charity shield, the parry of the Silva shot in the same game, the penalty save from RVP on Sunday and the save from his volley later on in the game and there are plenty more examples.

Secondly, and linked to the first point, his agility is fantastic. He has a great spring and seems to be able to get across his goal very quickly. Again the RVP volley is a prime example of that, as is the double save when he pushed Walcotts shot out and was back up on his feet and in position in time to stop the follow up from RVP.

Thirdly, while he has made some mistakes and been castigated for it he is still out there standing tall. It's all very well saying that a keeper should make those saves but how often have we seen players fall apart following a mistake/criticism. Pretty much every striker we bought from around '83 - '90 are examples of those who couldn't hack it mentally. So he's clearly mentally tough, which he's going to need playing for United.

He's only 20, which means he's likely to improve. For every mistake he's made so far he has saved at least 1 goal with his ability. That buys him time and for the reasons outlined above I think he's an incredible prospect at the age that he's at. He is going to be an incredible keeper, and I'd have no hesitation in picking him week in and week out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

in terms of goings out, the following now all appear to be in limbo - can we move them off before tomorrow?

PIG - nothing about him at all.
    Macheda - loan links to villa, newcastle and sunderland.
    Gibson - injured, so unlikely now.
    Diouf - nothing mentioned yet..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Jesus I forgot there that I have 30e at 7/2 that Sneijder will stay at Inter..

sure few in here do too cause it's here I saw it...

This Vidic transfer is load of bull

in terms of goings out, the following now all appear to be in limbo - can we move them off before tomorrow?

PIG - nothing about him at all.
    Macheda - loan links to villa, newcastle and sunderland.
    Gibson - injured, so unlikely now.

I reckon Diouf to Everton on loan, Macheda to Newcastle on loan. Gibson to stay - with having not brought in Sneijder (or anyone at CM) we could do with him as a member of the squad in terms of numbers as much as anything else. PIG - no idea. I would have thought he would get a transfer easily enough but I haven;'t even heard of interest in him, let alone a bid. Looks very likely that he will stay despite being, at best, 3rd choice. If he does stay past tomorrow, a loan move to a championship team could be on the cars - it will be either himself or Amos to head out on loan when the Football League loan window opens next week (or the week after). No sense in having them both at the club.

Very annoyed that it looks highly likely that we will not be signing a central midfielder. It will come back to bite us in the ass imo, we should have strengthened here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

think you can only loan 2 players to prem league, so that means only one spot left!

bullvine wrote: »
    think you can only loan 2 players to prem league, so that means only one spot left!

you can loan out as many as you want, you can only have two loans IN from premier league clubs.

• Advertisement

My bad

who else have we loaned to a prem league side???

weve loaned to posh X 2, bebe to turkey, hull and one to germany and one to norway. who else?

crtl alt delaat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

who else have we loaned to a prem league side???

weve loaned to posh X 2, bebe to turkey, hull and one to germany and one to norway. who else?

de Laet to the Canaries.

We should offer Pogba on loan to Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

I noticed in pre-season interviews that Fergie talked more about Douf than Macheda, do you think he rates him above Kiko or is he just trying to attract buyers?

Regarding Macheda, I still think he's got bags of potential but has become complacent.

crtl alt delaat

ah yes, totally forgot about him....

we have some amount of players at the moment, must be approaching 40 if you include the 6 or so lads on loan and then pogba/morisson.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Owen Hargreaves had a medical at Man City earlier

amiable wrote: »
    Owen Hargreaves had a medical at Man City earlier

According to reports, according to Ben Smith.

I will puke if it's true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

According to reports, according to Ben Smith.

I will puke if it's true.

Makes little sense but yes.... I would cry.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement