Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Fans wishing a player well that could move directly from us to our bitter and most competitive rivals.

Sorry, but that's not football. That's just being PC and looking for a few thanks for being classy.

Obviously it's an opportunity that Hargreaves would find difficult to turn down, so it's difficult to criticise him much for that. But we should wish him well? F*ck off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Blatter wrote: »
    Fans wishing a player well that could move directly from us to our bitter and most competitive rivals.

Sorry, but that's not football. That's just being PC and looking for a few thanks for being classy.

Obviously it's an opportunity that Hargreaves would find difficult to turn down, so it's difficult to criticise him much for that. But we should wish him well? F*ck off.

Theres a huge difference between not wishing him well and wishing for him never to play again etc. Its nothing to do with being PC.

And he isnt moving from us to a bitter rival. Hes a free agent and that was Utds choice not his. Really you need to cop on. I`m sure you`ll read back in a few days and cringe at your posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Nah you're being childish tbh.

This happens a lot when people forget that a soccer player is just some guy, with a life to think about.

He quite rightly couldn't give a bollocks what you or I think, he's had three years of an absolutely horrible life, and sees something finally going his way.

I'd take it in a shot and fuck the begrudgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

How funny would it be that if City signed a massively injury prone player it would be their most financially prudent decision in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

You've let yourself down here Blatter.

*shakes head*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I was already in a bad mood, and this has driven me over the edge. Apologies, I'll have cooled down in a couple of hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Elbow wrote: »
    I think calling him useless is being a bit harsh...... brittle might be a better word

Nope he's useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,338 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

No way will I wish Hargreaves well at Man City. I hope he is an utter failure for them just as I hope every other player they sign or already have on their books is an utter failure.

City are a rival, I wish none of their players well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Hargreaves is the only player I would wish well at City if this turns out to be true, the only!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

I'm not looking for thanks, i'm being fcuking genuine and not some kid in the school play ground. So what if he signs for City, no one knows how well its going to turn out or he will be successful. He may pass a medical but he may not get back to playing regular football at a decent level.

If he is fit and does go on to play regular football for City without injurie then i'd want to know why Manutd wasted so much time, effort and resources getting him fit and letting him leave without giving him a chance for 6 months or a year. I'd say his confidence was shot to pieces once he was told he wasn't wanted at Manutd. They let him go on a free, tough.

I hope he wins sweet fcuk all with City but it would be great to see him playing week in week again and proving so many wrong, if thats City, good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭Marco85

Hargreaves the snakey c*n*. The club stood by him for years tryin to get him back playin and payin his wages every week and then he goes and does this. Wish him well playin for that lot? I hope vidic snaps his otha knee into pieces wen we play them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Joekers

SSN reporting he is having medical

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Marco85 wrote: »
    Hargreaves the snakey c*n*. The club stood by him for years tryin to get him back playin and payin his wages every week and then he goes and does this. Wish him well playin for that lot? I hope vidic snaps his otha knee into pieces wen we play them.
    akiko%20thumbs%20down.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

No way will I wish Hargreaves well at Man City. I hope he is an utter failure for them just as I hope every other player they sign or already have on their books is an utter failure.

City are a rival, I wish none of their players well.

That's shocking from you Mitch .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Best of luck to him, he has family and himself to think of and was loyal enough to offer to play for free, I wish him well whatever he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Lot of ugly, ugly shit in this thread.

I'll come back tomorrow, try to have a bit of humanity folks, a lot of you are disgracing yourselves up in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I was already in a bad mood, and this has driven me over the edge. Apologies, I'll have cooled down in a couple of hours.

Was gonna get up on my high horse when i seen the "injury post" but it then brought back memories of Roys tackle on Alf... Everyone's entitled to a bit of "red" mist now and again, well up on apology!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

I think it's just going to make things tougher on him.

Imagine having to watch Manchester United lift all the trophies while his best chance is at a runners up medal!

Although if he wants to play football then City is probably the worst move possible given their squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I can't believe I'm having to post this.

Anybody else decides to post wishing an injury on a player in this thread will be taking a break from the forum, show at least a little class please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

truth be told..i never really rated him anyway

That's shocking from you Mitch .

Why? Why the hell would I want any City player to do well? City players doing well can directly affect 1. United winning trophies and 2. City winning trophies. Why would I want their signings and players to do well? Really? I don't get it at all. I don't want Torres to do well at Chelsea, or Mata, or Terry, or Lampard etc. I don't want Suarez or Carrol or Downing (etc) to do well at Liverpool. Why should I treat hargreaves any different at this point. He clearly doesn't give a sh1t about the United fans that supported him while he did jack sh1t for the club, so why should I wish him well? I don't want his legs to fall off or anything but I hope this move is an utter failure for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

It's one thing to wish failure upon a player and quite another to wish broken legs upon him.

Disgusting attitudes in here and total monkey-brained comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

RasTa wrote: »
    Although if he wants to play football then City is probably the worst move possible given their squad.

This would be the reason I'd be most disappointed if he went to City over. Hell, I think they're already struggling to trim their squad to 25 so if he was to sign for them and then not make that 25, it would look really bad, imo.

Why? Why the hell would I want any City player to do well? City players doing well can directly affect 1. United winning trophies and 2. City winning trophies. Why would I want their signings and players to do well? Really? I don't get it at all. I don't want Torres to do well at Chelsea, or Mata, or Terry, or Lampard etc. I don't want Suarez or Carrol or Downing (etc) to do well at Liverpool. Why should I treat hargreaves any different at this point. He clearly doesn't give a sh1t about the United fans that supported him while he did jack sh1t for the club, so why should I care about how he does?

Do you like an irish players doing well at competing clubs?

• Advertisement

Hopefully it's just a year long contract and he can come back to UTD on a free once he's proved his fitness. :)

syngindub wrote: »
    truth be told..i never really rated him anyway

Well then you're blind.

Why? Why the hell would I want any City player to do well? City players doing well can directly affect 1. United winning trophies and 2. City winning trophies. Why would I want their signings and players to do well? Really? I don't get it at all. I don't want Torres to do well at Chelsea, or Mata, or Terry, or Lampard etc. I don't want Suarez or Carrol or Downing (etc) to do well at Liverpool. Why should I treat hargreaves any different at this point. He clearly doesn't give a sh1t about the United fans that supported him while he did jack sh1t for the club, so why should I care about how he does?

Eh he offered to play for the club for free, club said no. Why wouldn't he join City, Liverpool or anyone that wanted him?

Why are people not getting this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Dont know what to think to be honest..

When I heard he was possibly signing for WBA I was truly made up for the lad.

Then that interview when he offered to play for free and I was confused as to why we didnt give him a chance to prove his fitness as by all accounts it wasn't his knees that were the problem after the dislocated shoulder.

Obviously I want to see him play and do well but I am more annoyed at United for not giving him the chance he worked so hard to earn.

If he turns out to be a good signing for City I will be sick, but I do want to see him do well because he seems like a great guy and without the injuries I think he would have gone on to become a true legend for us.

leeds land man utd in carling cup..interesting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

He clearly doesn't give a sh1t about the United fans that supported him while he did jack sh1t for the club,

In fairness he played a part in 2007/08 when Manutd won the League and Champions league against Chelsea, all be it a small part but he was still apart of the squad that season, like many other players.

I pre-empt Hargreaves statement at the end of the season .....

"Owen Hargreaves on winning the Premier League with Manchester City - "If you can't beat them join them."

Sorry Flah .;)

syngindub wrote: »
    Do you like an irish players doing well at competing clubs?

There are none.

If Hargreaves signed for West Brom, or Villa, or Everton, I would wish him well. But he signed for a club where the goal and expectation is beat United to trophies. He has signed for a direct rival and as such, like all players for our direct rivals (and ESPECIALLY City) I hope he fails miserably.

If James McCarthy signed for City, I would hope the move bombed massively for him.

If they play for a rival, I don't want to see them doing well.

mixednuts wrote: »

"Owen Hargreaves on winning the Premier League with Manchester United - "If you can't beat them join them."

Sorry Flah .;)

This doesn't even make sense.

"Owen Hargreaves on winning the Premier League with Manchester City - "If you can't beat them join them."

Sorry Flah .;)

Statement only works if Manchester United had been complete and utter abject failures like Liverpool have been for the last 20 years. He's beaten City plenty of times.

There are none.
    If Hargreaves signed for West Brom, or Villa, or Everton, I would wish him well. But he signed for a club where the goal and expectation is beat United to trophies. He has signed for a direct rival and as such, like all players for our direct rivals (and ESPECIALLY City) I hope he fails miserably.

If James McCarthy signed for City, I would hope the move bombed massively for him.

If they play for a rival, I don't want to see them doing well.
    good point

Vanbis wrote: »
    In fairness he played a part in 2007/08 when Manutd won the League and Champions league against Chelsea, all be it a small part but he was still apart of the squad that season, like many other players.

He did - and has done nothing since then. He was supported all through the last two seasons, of which he played 4 minutes. He has repaid that support by signing for possibly the worst side he could sign for - which to me shows he doesn't care at all about the United fans, so why the hell should we be brow beaten into 'wishing him well'? He clearly can't wish United (and by extention the fans of United) well as his new team is competing directly against us,

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Statement only works if Manchester United had been complete and utter abject failures like Liverpool have been for the last 20 years. He's beaten City plenty of times.

lol

lol

Laugh out loud indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

If this was 3 seasons ago and city weren't a threat to us would you wish him well Mitch ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Embarrassing stuff here. I was giving RAWK some stick yesterday but this is easily as bad. FFS.

Laugh out loud indeed.

Jeez never had you down as a Hargreaves fanboy ?

Really upsetting hey ?

Really upsetting hey ?

Not really, just the joke was awful and made no sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Laugh out loud indeed.

I guess winning the champions league doesn't count.

Granted by Uniteds standards Pool have hardly been successful the last 20 years but pretty much no club has been...

anyway this is very similar to the Owen situation. It always hurts when a player you care about joins a rival. And a lot of utd fans have been pulling for Hargreaves to come through his injuries for a long time. If he does it at city it will be a bitter pill no doubt.

Still he's a professional and owes it to himself to make the best decision for himself.

Really upsetting hey ?

Ive made no comment on Hargreaves at all, dont care. I was commenting on your pathetic attempt to wind people up and how it should be embarrassing for you.

But I guess you need a level of self awareness to feel shame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭billo.d86

He was a vital part of united's team in 2007/2008 season ending in the League and Europena Cup, which was a great season, midfield was more or less driven by him.

Unfortunately he has been injured more or less constantly since.

Sorry to see him, sickened if he joins City and wins things, nothing against the man, hate Citeh!!

RasTa wrote: »
    Eh he offered to play for the club for free, club said no. Why wouldn't he join City, Liverpool or anyone that wanted him?

Why are people not getting this?

He can do whatever he wants.

However, by joining City he is clearly showing he has no loyalty or respect for Man United fans, so why in the name of god should I show any loyalty or respect for him?

He could have joined a number of other clubs which would not have shown near as much disrespect and where he was a damned site more likely to actually play.

I will not wish him well, I hope this move is an utter failure for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Why should he show loyalty if the club didn't give him a new contract and wouldn't even let him stay for free?

That's not my viewpoint but it begs asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Too many pages devoted to this Hargreaves story.........hes not a United player anymore, who cares where he is, we've a better younger healthier squad without him, move on.............

• Advertisement

. I was commenting on your pathetic attempt to wind people up .

But I guess you need a level of self awareness to feel shame

@14:23
    Yes, I would consider not winning the league for 20 years to be abject failure Most would for any club that considers themselves a "big" team.

Now thats Irony .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement