Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Le King wrote: »
    Exciting news out of Old Trafford?!

*pants down*

none.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

none.

Have a bit of faith. Maybe Sneijder felt sorry for the lads on RedCafe and decided to join. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gadge

none.

I nearly threw the remote at the TV when Joe Cole was the first name mentioned when they came back after the break.

Aston villa? Phew.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Maybe the exciting news is that we are getting rid of Gibbo and Pig :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Cheeky punt for Modric with Sneijder going to Chelsea instead of us...

Now thats the dream :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

Le King wrote: »
    Exciting news out of Old Trafford?!

*pants down*

They probably just saw this:
    @joeasbridge
    Joe Asbridge
    everyone in the #mutv office is buzzing at the moment...got an important announcement to make coming soon...

And didn't bother following it up and reading the tweets after it:
    @joeasbridge
    Joe Asbridge
    #mutv office really buzzing about going to see the inbetweeners film later tonight... probs wrong day to make an announcement?

I'd expect no more mentions of it, once they realise their mistake.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

*cross fingers* Alan McGregor, Alan McGregor, Alan McGregor......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

They probably just saw this:

And didn't bother following it up and reading the tweets after it:

I'd expect no more mentions of it, once they realise their mistake.:P

troll_face___high_definition_by_animeburner-d3dcbnr.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Quandary wrote: »
    Sky News just reported "some exciting news coming out of Old Trafford for United fans shortly"

And they followed that up with......''And if we get, we'll tell you so stay tuned in until the close of the window at 11pm''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

tommyhaas wrote: »
    And they followed that up with......''And if we get, we'll tell you so stay tuned in until the close of the window at 11pm''

Meh, ill be watching all day anyway - such are the benefits of being unemployed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Mitch Connor:

There is also a requirement within the IPO that whatever the intention for the money raised outlined in the prospectus is, it must be adhered to. Should make for interesting reading once it does come out.

Also think there will be various problems with the IPO, especially the valuation. Can't see them raising £600m anyway, especially with the shares being sold on a "buy two, get one voting share" basis.

Quandary wrote: »
    Meh, ill be watching all day anyway - such are the benefits of being unemployed!

I took a half day, I'm out of here at 1 and sitting my ass in front of SSN for the rest of the day :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    I took a half day, I'm out of here at 1 and sitting my ass in front of SSN for the rest of the day :o

After the last window i said i would do this on the day the window closed but yet again i find myself sitting at my desk bashing away at F5 key.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭parc

ugh, I'm sick of this transfer window already. I'm not going to was my time watching it, so fustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Enjoy your Harry Redknapp interviews;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

F**k, I promised myself not to look at this forum today as I knew this sh*te would start up again. Roll on midnight is waht I say, or is it 11?

F**k, I promised myself not to look at this forum today as I knew this sh*te would start up again. Roll on midnight is waht I say, or is it 11?

It's 11pm but Skysports will drag this one until 12 or later with all the LATE deals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Click on manutd.com and you get a 1/2 second picture of Wesley Sneijder.

It's done:pac:

Vanbis wrote: »
    After the last window i said i would do this on the day the window closed but yet again i find myself sitting at my desk bashing away at F5 key.

Start coughing. Start off by coughing once every 5 minutes. Do this for a half hour, then up it to once ever 3 and a half minutes for the next half hour. It'll then be 12:45, you can up it to coughing once every 1 and a half minutes. You'll also want to be sniffing the the whole time, as if your nose is runny. Whenever anybody asks you something, also stop to cough mid-sentence, or even better, "lose your voice" and take a sip of water, then answer.

Then take the rest of the day off as a sickie. Come back in tomorrow, and do the above in reverse, they'll admire you for coming in while you were sick as a gradually get better during the morning ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Blatter wrote: »

Let the page reload a few times...

• Advertisement

Prices on Sneijder leaving are tumbling.

He's 8/11 to stay at Inter.

Evens to leave.

On Stan James.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Rumours that the 'big #MUFC news' is that Berbatov is off to PSG. Why would they think a sale is excites #MUFC fans? Obertan's already gone.

Guillem_Balague : I'm getting some very unexpected rumors from Paris. Will elaborate as soon as I can confirm. Involves #mufc and a striker, do the math

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Rumours that the 'big #MUFC news' is that Berbatov is off to PSG. Why would they think a sale is excites #MUFC fans? Obertan's already gone.

Guillem_Balague : I'm getting some very unexpected rumors from Paris. Will elaborate as soon as I can confirm. Involves #mufc and a striker, do the math

That is a fake Balague

Then take the rest of the day off as a sickie. Come back in tomorrow, and do the above in reverse, they'll admire you for coming in while you were sick as a gradually get better during the morning ;)

Great plan but too much effort. I'll just let yourself and Quandry keep me and everyone else udpated until 5pm. Then i'll have 6hrs more of it later by Jim White.

That is a fake Balague

Thanks. I can't open twitter from my work place. So just copying from other forums :)

Sky are some teases.

They have nothing concrete on Sneijder. Their betting firm is offering 11/10 on him leaving Inter and 4/6 on him staying.

They wouldn't be offering either of those prices if they had anything concrete information either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

That is a fake Balague

And strangely, probably, a more accurate Balague.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Maybe the exciting news is Sean Bateman has become a fan of DDG.

Sky are some teases.

They have nothing concrete on Sneijder. Their betting firm is offering 11/10 on him leaving Inter and 4/6 on him staying.

They wouldn't be offering either of those prices if they had anything concrete information either way.

If I had a nice chunk of money I'd be taking that 4/6 all day. He won't leave and he's said so on numerous occasions from what I've read.

• Advertisement

And strangely, probably, a more accurate Balague.

I'd imagine over a large sample size they'd tend to around even in the accuracy scales...

Have to go to a bloody meeting now, and the hole time I am nodding and smiling I will just be like 'yeah yeah................are we finished?'

Thank God for iPhones :)

If I had a nice chunk of money I'd be taking that 4/6 all day. He won't leave and he's said so on numerous occasions from what I've read.

Sky offering 8/11 on him to stay now. Evens on him to leave. It will change around a million times from here on in.

Telegraph saying Sneijder is in Manchester for Medical. :D

Media are having field day..

300973_2303857566247_1543483849_32470670_8062659_n.jpg

Have to go to a bloody meeting now, and the hole time I am nodding and smiling I will just be like 'yeah yeah................are we finished?'

Thank God for iPhones :)

"**** the monthly profits.. 'Arry has someone in the boot".

There'll be no major signings and yet we'll still get the 11.59 countdown from Jim White... Despite the fact clubs can submit transfers up until 5pm tomorrow IIRC. "Extraordinary day in the transfer window!!" .. as El Hadji Diouf moves to Plymouth.

There'll be no major signings and yet we'll still get the 11.59 countdown from Jim White... Despite the fact clubs can submit transfers up until 5pm tomorrow IIRC. "Extraordinary day in the transfer window!!" .. as El Hadji Diouf moves to Plymouth.

That's bollocks, he'd never move to Plymouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I reckon you can get 8-2 that you dont need Sneijder! :D

Telegraph saying Sneijder is in Manchester for Medical. :D

Media are having field day..

They're not.

They're reporting it as a rumour, which is virtually meaningless.

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »

That's bollocks, he'd never move to Plymouth.

My mate owns a chipper around the corner from Home Park and he swears that Dioufs uncle, Les, told him that he was signing today. Same guy had the Mickey Thomas story months before the papers. Reliable sauce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

if hargreaves is deemed fit enough to pass his medical, why the hell did we let him go???

this has been bugging me all summer, even more so now. no ill feeling towards him or city, just our policy to get rid of a player who offered to play for free to repay the faith in him.

if hargreaves is deemed fit enough to pass his medical, why the hell did we let him go???

I'm not sure of the answer to that, but maybe the fact he played 4 minutes in 3 years for us had something to do with it?

Meeting postponed till after lunch abd come back to no news. I blame myself for checking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

any news on kuszchak, gibson and macheda ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Has everyone seen this?! Watch closely when the page loads.

That's bizarre! I've been sceptical the whole time, but that on the website makes me think something's afoot!

• Advertisement

That's bizarre! I've been sceptical the whole time, but that on the website makes me think something's afoot!

If you just look at the site for 30 seconds you'll see that it's just a looping picture of Sneijder with a link to "Follow all the deadline day transfer gossip".

EDIT: As below:

wesbi.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

"Find out if this man could be coming to play in the Premier League... or NOT," teases Hayley McQueen on Sky Sports News, while a picture of Wesley Sneijder features.

There some bollocksizesssssss.

No will be the answer if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Jeez lads, do ye check the United website apart from deadline day at all?!

The site has been doing that for about 6 months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

It looks like it is only the picture from the gossip news page. There are four rotating pictures and he is one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Thats a picture linked to the Gossip section....every sorta crap is posted in there to do with newspaper and media rumours.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement