Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Go ahead so, who will we talk about?

I didn't say I was going to be talking about transfers now, I said that you were premature to think that the transfer talk was going to stop eight hours before the deadline. Two dumb posts from you on the subject now. Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Pro. F wrote: »
    I didn't say I was going to be talking about transfers now, I said that you were premature to think that the transfer talk was going to stop eight hours before the deadline. Two dumb posts from you on the subject now. Well done.

Jesus Christ get over yourself.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

The tension in here...lol.

killwill wrote: »
    The tension in here...lol.

Some people take things way too serious and take it out on others;)..

hopefully we all be back to a bit of normality by tomorrow:D

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

3 years patiently waiting for Hargreaves to get fit. Get my hopes up around january of last year when he plays for the reserves, followed by the final minutes of a league game against sunderland.

Over the moon when out of the blue he is in the starting XI against Wolves last year only to have it all taken away again.

Finally he appears to be fit again, even offers to play for the club for free, but now it seems almost a certainty he is a city player.

Gutted, pi**ed off, don't know how to sum up my feelings really, but got a sickening feeling Fergie will be regretting this come the end of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

The hooligans are out tryna get their faces on SSN!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭VW 1

Maybe Fergie sent Hargreaves on a reconnaisance mission to the noisy neighbours to go on the WUM and fcuk up their season....We can never underestimate his genius and connivence.

3 years patiently waiting for Hargreaves to get fit. Get my hopes up around january of last year when he plays for the reserves, followed by the final minutes of a league game against sunderland.

Over the moon when out of the blue he is in the starting XI against Wolves last year only to have it all taken away again.

Finally he appears to be fit again, even offers to play for the club for free, but now it seems almost a certainty he is a city player.

Gutted, pi**ed off, don't know how to sum up my feelings really, but got a sickening feeling Fergie will be regretting this come the end of the season.

Imo I honestly think he was worth the fee alone for the one season.

Just watching him live, his positional sense was outstanding. First time I saw him was against Middlesbrough back in October 2007, his positioning that day was just immense, seemed to be able to receive and collect pass all day.

I even think he would have made huge difference in CL Final in 09.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Some people take things way too serious and take it out on others;)..

hopefully we all be back to a bit of normality by tomorrow:D

I'm not taking anything too seriously. All I did was point out that you were being premature in thinking that the transfer talk would stop eight hours before the deadline. You're the one that dragged it out unnecessarily.

Pro. F wrote: »
    I'm not taking anything too seriously. All I did was point out that you were being premature in thinking that the transfer talk would stop eight hours before the deadline. You're the one that dragged it out unnecessarily.

Water under bridge lets move on for everybody here sake.

it's nothing:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭stesaurus

I don't like the idea of Hargreaves playing for City but I'd still support him and wish him well as a former player. The very same way I did with Cole and Schmeichel. I hope he does well personally but the Club to win f*ck all.

At the end of the day he's an ordinary guy and has to think what's best for himself. If he thinks he can play a few games, get excellent medical care and the chance of a few medals then why not? Surely he sees that as better than a relegation battle or Championship football.

I always look out for former players and hope to see their names on the scoresheet, regardless of who they play for. The only exception to this was Tevez but that's just down to him being a cúnt more than anything else.

s.welstead wrote: »
    I don't like the idea of Hargreaves playing for City but I'd still support him and wish him well as a former player. The very same way I did with Cole and Schmeichel. I hope he does well personally but the Club to win f*ck all.

At the end of the day he's an ordinary guy and has to think what's best for himself. If he thinks he can play a few games, get excellent medical care and the chance of a few medals then why not? Surely he sees that as better than a relegation battle or Championship football.

I always look out for former players and hope to see their names on the scoresheet, regardless of who they play for. The only exception to this was Tevez but that's just down to him being a cúnt more than anything else.

Pretty much what I think too.

Hope he does well, just not too well

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭parc

As for Danny Wellbeck, you'd swear I'd shot Bambi with my comments. He's 22 so he's no spring chicken and unlikely to improve to the level of a £30 million forward. I said that I don't see him as a first choice player at United long term. Frankly, disagreeing with me in relation to this point is idiotic and I contend that anyone doing so knows nothing about the game.

Aye...Wellbeck is not gonna get better and will be sh1te...

Just like Drogba...he wasn't exactly busting on the scene when he was 20 and he turned out to be sh1te.

Aye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Hargreaves deal been done from his home...... Are they afraid hes gonna break or something :pac: Sounds more like there signing Mr Burns to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Anyone else get excited for a split second when sky sports news says news from Old trafford........ and turns out to be ****ing Cricket :( :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

parc wrote: »
    Aye...Wellbeck is not gonna get better and will be sh1te...

Just like Drogba...he wasn't exactly busting on the scene when he was 20 and he turned out to be sh1te.

Aye.

Wellbeck is 21, has shown plenty of promise and whether or not he makes it at united long term is still open to debate, but to say that a 21 year old is unlikely to improve is displaying a drastically poor knowledge of football.

not directed at you parc, just cant be bothered going back to look for the post you quoted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

As for Danny Wellbeck, you'd swear I'd shot Bambi with my comments. He's 22 so he's no spring chicken and unlikely to improve to the level of a £30 million forward. I said that I don't see him as a first choice player at United long term. Frankly, disagreeing with me in relation to this point is idiotic and I contend that anyone doing so knows nothing about the game.

Just read that lol . What a Wum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Actually the sentence "Frankly, disagreeing with me in relation to this point is idiotic and I contend that anyone doing so knows nothing about the game." is a genuine piece of comic brilliance. Bravo I say, bravo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gadge

So Hargreaves signed a 1-Year deal with City.

That's grand, if he has a good season he can come back to us :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Disgusted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I can't really understand why Fergie turned down Hargreaves' offer to play this season for free. Surely that was worth a punt?

I appreciate he was trying to weed out a lot of the 30+ squad players but after all the club invested in his rehabilitation...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

United Reject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

besty wrote: »
    I can't really understand why Fergie turned down Hargreaves' offer to play this season for free. Surely that was worth a punt?

I appreciate he was trying to weed out a lot of the 30+ squad players but after all the club invested in his rehabilitation...

Please, show me the evidence for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Blatter wrote: »
    Please, show me the evidence for this.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/8726745/Owen-Hargreaves-I-offered-to-play-for-Manchester-United-for-free.html

He said it himself but no one from United has backed it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

He didn't 'really' say that lads. He actually says he didn't wanna play for free in the same article. I think he was just trying to put across his desire to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Mr Alan wrote: »
    He didn't 'really' say that lads. He actually says he didn't wanna play for free in the same article. I think he was just trying to put across his desire to play.

Thats the way i read it. Intersting to see how well he does this season.

"At one stage I did offer to play for nothing this season, just to stay on," he said. "But they said, 'You don't want to do that' and they were probably right."

So, according to Hargreaves, he did offer to play for free then. If the quotes above came from him, and they almost certainly did, then he did say it.

No one from United has said the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

It sounded more like an empty offer to me. Nice PR though.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭POSSY

VW 1 wrote: »
    Maybe Fergie sent Hargreaves on a reconnaisance mission to the noisy neighbours to go on the WUM and fcuk up their season....We can never underestimate his genius and connivence.

Sir Alex may be getting a few phone calls like this so

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCBGFso0xLw&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭parc

kryogen wrote: »
    Wellbeck is 21, has shown plenty of promise and whether or not he makes it at united long term is still open to debate, but to say that a 21 year old is unlikely to improve is displaying a drastically poor knowledge of football.

not directed at you parc, just cant be bothered going back to look for the post you quoted

yeah i know. he's only 20, going on 21.

someone pointed it out perfectly back a bit..

the likes of messi, 2 ronaldos, rooney, fabregas were playing unreal stuff at 22. boggles the mind what they'll be like when their 28 or so

most players peak around 26-32 a bit like drogba (the w@nker)

parc wrote: »
    boggles

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I really can't wait for the September superthread to open!! No more transfer muppetry!! :D

Sorry double post!!

• Advertisement

[ignore this one too]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Your internet is broked bond.

mars bar wrote: »
    Your internet is broked bond.

Stoopid iPhone - Ross there's a problem with the boards touch site!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

so it looks like Flah will win this bet, which in itself doesnt make me sad, its the consequences that does. just how fergie thinks that a midfield that was already struggling and lost its best passer of the ball, can cope with just adding tom cleverly i will never know. it should have been the first part of the team to improve, i was sure Sneijder would sign, who knows how close we came or didnt come to signing him, only the men involved will know, but once again united had a player willing to sign and they f*cked up the deal. should be used to disappointment every year, its been happening now for practically all of the last 16 years, with about 3 exceptions.

we many win the league this year, we may not, if we do it would be down to a few teams like chelsea, arsenal and spurs being weaker than they have been for a long long time and that may not even be the case. if City win the league, today will have been the day that played a major part in it.

fergie is the best manager of all time, that can never be taken away, but he has got things wrong and this is one of them. we will get injuries, no question about that, if i see Park in CM this year at any point, i will cry, likewise Rooney. Rooney can play there, but he is needed elsewhere.

well done Flah, you went with it and you were right. despite the positive start, i think we are only one game away from total meltdown and backlash towards fergie, especially with a very difficult run of fixtures coming up.

i fear for our season now that we didnt strengthen in CM, i hope i am wrong, but i can see problems ahead and city will open a huge lead by the time we play them. Anderson and Cleverly just won do for the season and then we are depending on Giggs, Carrick and Fletcher to take up the slack. all of them 3 have had their problems of late, dont even talk about Gibson.

once we heard pogba being mentioned, that is when i started to realise that we were not signing anybody.

oh well, will support the team as ever, but i just cant believe (well i can) that this was allowed to happen, again.:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

So it's official, someone's going to have to PS Hargreaves head on to something like this

Gutted, it's a double edged sword light saber because I wanted him to prove Fergie was wrong to let him go, whereas now I have mixed feelings about that!

Best of luck to him all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Sean Bateman

keane2097 wrote: »
    Fuck off and die :rolleyes:

Your post says a lot about the type of person you are...

The clowns love misquoting people. I never said that Danny Wellbeck is sh1te. I said that in my view he will never be a regular first choice forward at United because in my view he will never be a £30 million world beater. And I think that anyone who contends otherwise is a fool.

^

I'd be even more optomistic about your season than you ! (Homerjay)

Pogba will be the chosen one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

The clowns love misquoting people. I never said that Danny Wellbeck is sh1te. I said that in my view he will never be a regular first choice forward at United because in my view he will never be a £30 million world beater. And I think that anyone who contends otherwise is a fool.

Not so ninja edit. His post says a lot about the person he is yet you reply with the same and include his family??

Really things are getting out of hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I saw that little edit Sean. What you edited out was not nearly as nice as what you've put in now, was it?

Bringing someone's family into it?

New low for the forum tbh

God I hate this thread and sf in general

Just gone downhill so much, sponsorship ftw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

just how fergie thinks that a midfield that was already struggling and lost its best passer of the ball, can cope with just adding tom cleverly i will never know.

. . . he's been at United since he was 12 years old and maybe SAF thinks he can cope! Lucky for United he thought the same of Scholes!
    it should have been the first part of the team to improve, i was sure Sneijder would sign, who knows how close we came or didnt come to signing him, only the men involved will know, but once again united had a player willing to sign and they f*cked up the deal. should be used to disappointment every year, its been happening now for practically all of the last 16 years, with about 3 exceptions.

Were you one of these men involved since you know it's United that f*cked up the deal?
    we many win the league this year, we may not, if we do it would be down to a few teams like chelsea, arsenal and spurs being weaker than they have been for a long long time and that may not even be the case. if City win the league, today will have been the day that played a major part in it.

Today? Because of Hargreaves? I doubt he will make that much difference.
    fergie is the best manager of all time, that can never be taken away, but he has got things wrong and this is one of them. we will get injuries, no question about that, if i see Park in CM this year at any point, i will cry, likewise Rooney. Rooney can play there, but he is needed elsewhere.

well done Flah, you went with it and you were right. despite the positive start, i think we are only one game away from total meltdown and backlash towards fergie, especially with a very difficult run of fixtures coming up.

i fear for our season now that we didnt strengthen in CM, i hope i am wrong, but i can see problems ahead and city will open a huge lead by the time we play them. Anderson and Cleverly just won do for the season and then we are depending on Giggs, Carrick and Fletcher to take up the slack. all of them 3 have had their problems of late, dont even talk about Gibson.

once we heard pogba being mentioned, that is when i started to realise that we were not signing anybody.

oh well, will support the team as ever, but i just cant believe (well i can) that this was allowed to happen, again.:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

:rolleyes: The best football I have seen United play in years and here's you talking about "total meltdown and backlash towards fergie". FFS! Try to enjoy the games Mr. Dunphy.

worrycartoon.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

:rolleyes: The best football I have seen United play in years and here's you talking about "total meltdown and backlash towards fergie". FFS! Try to enjoy the games Mr. Dunphy.

a bit of perspective lad, we were very poor against west brom and won 2-1 with an OG. we had how many shots on target?
    spurs were shown up as being shocking by City last Sunday.
    Arsenal were the worst team to visit Old trafford in years.

as i said, a bit of perspective and less of the attitude please. im pretty sure if/when things go belly up, you will be involved in the keyboard stampede here about our midfield. i wont, ive said my bit and thats it now, we have a huge gap and we didnt fill it. i think most normal united fans will admit that.

and i will be enjoying the games, i will be at each and every home game and some away ones too over the coming months, supporting the team and singing my heart out no matter what the results are, i assume you will be too or if not, explain your mr dunphy jibe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

we have a huge gap and we didnt fill it.

tee hee

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement