Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Seems you cant even give a solid opinion anymore without being called names now too.

What the fcuk is up with that crap...

We all know who trolls are, you should just ignore them.

But some in here have put up valid points(not all I agree with either) and all they seem get back is abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

and i will be enjoying the games, i will be at each and every home game and some away ones too over the coming months, supporting the team and singing my heart out no matter what the results are, i assume you will be too or if not, explain your mr dunphy jibe?

I thought you were cutting down on the games?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

so it looks like Flah will win this bet, which in itself doesnt make me sad, its the consequences that does. just how fergie thinks that a midfield that was already struggling and lost its best passer of the ball, can cope with just adding tom cleverly i will never know.

I've said my bit before about how I dislike the "we're all doomed" response to United not buying a midfielder but even Paul Scholes himself has pointed out that he has not been a mainstay in United's midfield for some time. The Scholes of last season won't be missed that much, especially if a full pre-season means Anderson continues in the manner he has started this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

negative, negative, negative

NoNegativity.jpg

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The midfield is an area which again has not been addressed properly, I dont know why this has happened every season but I will still have faith that the different types of players we have for central midfield will be able to combine well enough to get us through most games, the addition of a genuine left winger should help the midfield also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

So with our CM options we have ando, fletch, carrick, giggsy, clev, gibson. I wanted a midfielder signed but looking at those I think we will be ok. Whether 'ok' is enough for us is the obvious debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

I can't believe the negativity, we've got the best wide players in Europe, a savage defense, a Wayne Rooney who looks a god amongst men at the moment, Chicharito! and 2 up and coming midfielders who are confident enough to try and pass the ball forward, we'll be fine!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

And when they get injured...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Sean Bateman

adox wrote: »
    Not so ninja edit. His post says a lot about the person he is yet you reply with the same and include his family??

Really things are getting out of hand.
    nkay1985 wrote: »
    I saw that little edit Sean. What you edited out was not nearly as nice as what you've put in now, was it?
    Des wrote: »
    Bringing someone's family into it?

New low for the forum tbh

I've heard it all now.

I'm told to "f..k off and die" by another poster and I'm the one taking flak.

Such delightful people. No wonder the country's f..ked.

You're all correct of course. Everything we've seen of David De Gea so far suggests that someone would have to be a troll or a f..king lunatic to dare suggest that he's going to be anything other than a massive success at United.

And anyone who dares suggest that Fergie could be wrong about something is obviously a f..king troll and a lunatic because we all know that in the world of "Man U", Fergie never makes mistakes.

And heaven forbid that someone would dare to suggest that Danny Wellbeck's probably not gonna be a world class "£30 million player"...such a person is obviously a f..king troll or deluded lunatic because it's a view that's so far from left field given Wellbeck is obviously the next Wayne Rooney or Lionel Messi.

Are you guys allowed out alone without heavy medication?

• Advertisement

G.K. wrote: »

who?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

We've still got Giggs, Park and Valencia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

We'll only ever have to play 2 of Cleverly, Anderson, Giggs, Carrick, Fletcher and Gibson at any one time.

In the very unlikely scenario that 5 out of that 6 are injured at any one time, Park can fill in or Pogba can play. Sorted.

SAF knows what he's doing here, of that I've no doubts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Michael Carrick saves the day with his super-human sideways passing.

we'll just have to weather the storm like we did when our back up defence was also depleted. Not ideal, definitely, but we could do it.

I don't think Sneijder is the ultimate signing but we could have done with an extra body in there.

I've heard it all now.

I'm told to "f..k off and die" by another poster and I'm the one taking flak.

Such delightful people. No wonder the country's f..ked.

After what you said you cant take the moral high ground

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

mars bar wrote: »
    I thought you were cutting down on the games?!

next year :D

doing 7 until 22nd of october, maybe even 8 anyway and will see after that. nothing booked after early november.

Blatter wrote: »
    SAF knows what he's doing here, of that I've no doubts.

No some random guys on Boards know better than the most successful manager of all time. Duh :P:pac:

I can see Man United Civil War yet

No some random guys on Boards know better than the most successful manager of all time. Duh :P:pac:

ah give over ffs, we not entitled to our opinion? and its pretty obvious that what every body is saying is spot on, we are very light in CM and while it will do us for 90% of games, its the 10% that could catch us.

right now we are ok, only ok. we need 2 players in CM, somebody to play the role hargreaves was bought for and somebody to keep hold of the ball when we are under the cosh and pop up with goals from CM when our strikers are being marked out of the game.

fergie has made mistakes and made alot of them last year, blackpool away, constantly playing gibson, his CL final selection and tactics, leeds in the fa cup 2 years ago, playing gary neville last season when he clearly wasnt up to it anymore.

fergie is the best manager of all time, i will defend him til i die, but he does get things wrong and will do in the future. noy buying a midfielder in 4 years is one of them.

The Scholes of last season won't be missed that much, especially if a full pre-season means Anderson continues in the manner he has started this season.

all well and good and i accept that, but what happens when he gets injured. Ando has shown plenty of promise, but he joined the club in 2007 and apart from the first season, he has yet to spend a considerable amount of time in the team, without losing form of getting injured, normally the 2 are related.

wait until the wednesday games come up and we are wed/sat, wednesday sat week in week out for 3 months, including cup games, internationals and all that. suddenly cleverly picks up a knock and our dream midfield is gone, back to flethcer and carrick and one paced attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

So which £30m world beater striker are we buying - torres, robinho, carroll?:D Big price tag doesn't mean great player.

Instead of the extremes of world class to utter sh1te, can we not just say that the young players are proving adequate at the minute and their performances show a lot of potential?;)

• Advertisement

despite the positive start, i think we are only one game away from total meltdown and backlash towards fergie, especially with a very difficult run of fixtures coming up.
    next year :D

doing 7 until 22nd of october, maybe even 8 anyway and will see after that. nothing booked after early november.

Try not to lash SAF! :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Whats with the Negativity?

We have an amazing No 10 already in Rooney. We have plenty of creativity in the squad. We have added pace, youth and movement to the first team squad. I would suggest youth was the most important thing to add to the squad this summer.

We have a strong squad with depth in each position.

I am not surprised to see the business United did in the summer. Its a similar plan to what was done in the past. Signing Jones and De Gea is similar to signing Rooney and Ronaldo. Just because City are spending huge sums doesn't mean United have to keep pace with them.

United responded to Chelsea flooding the transfer market with cash in the same way they have responded to city. Buying young players that can improve the squad now and over time grow into top players. Then supplement the young players with experienced premier league players (Carrick in the past, Young now).

kryogen wrote: »
    After what you said you cant take the moral high ground

You're a disgrace, as is Adox for the moronic thanking of your post. If a poster tells someone to "f..k off and die" all bets are off. The carry on of certain posters in these United threads is laughable.

all well and good and i accept that, but what happens when he gets injured.

What would have happened IF united signed other midfielders? Good chance Ando would have said I have enough, Cleverly wouldn't be haging about either. So if the new signing(s) got injured we would be back to Fletcher, Carrick, Giggs anyway.

Instead of the extremes of world class to utter sh1te, can we not just say that the young players are proving adequate at the minute and their performances show a lot of potential?;)

This would be my point. There's too many knee-jerk reactions either building them up as the greatest young players of all time or else that they are dirt and the team is screwed.

Blowing your load on a player who might not actually improve the team is pointless. Sneijder (or any big name player you may care to mention) is a good player and would obviously play. But he might disrupt the dressing room, disrupt the team and basically be counter-productive. United have a decent mixture of midfielders, not brilliant but they do the job that this team needs.

If they were so terrible, would United really have won 4 leagues out of 5 and have made 3 Champions League final appearances in 4 years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Sean, cop onto yourself. Your constatly calling people a disgrace or idiotic for attemping to pull you up over one of the many stupid statements you have made.

Try have a little tact, and maybe people will give some back.

You're a disgrace, as is Adox for the moronic thanking of your post. If a poster tells someone to "f..k off and die" all bets are off. The carry on of certain posters in these United threads is laughable.

Gotta admit I laughed out loud at that

United threads is laughable.
    Your right about that

It's head in the sand stuff to think that some random guys on Boards.ie can't know better than Sir Alex in relation to specific points.

As you're no doubt aware, I believe that David de Gea is absolutely the wrong guy for United. Sir Alex presumably thinks the opposite. Only time will tell. It could go either way. But to suggest that I'm somehow precluded from being right because my view's at odds with Fergie's is laughable.

Just a small example but I was vehemently opposed to the sale of Jaap Stam. Fergie's since accepted that he made a mistake and conceded that in hindsight he shouldn't have sold Stam. He's not infallable but if you listened to the clowns who seem to dominate this thread you'd think that he'd never made a mistake in his life. That doesn't make me or any other random poster on a site like Boards.ie better than Sir Alex. But this "Sir Alex is infallable" stuff is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

with less than 40 minutes to go, it doesn't look like we're going to get a world class midfielder that we need to compete at champions league level.No champiions league in 2012 without one.

• Advertisement

DM-ICE wrote: »

United responded to Chelsea flooding the transfer market with cash in the same way they have responded to city. Buying young players that can improve the squad now and over time grow into top players. Then supplement the young players with experienced premier league players (Carrick in the past, Young now).

people forget we didnt win a whole pile from 03 to 07....one fa cup v milwall and one carling cup v wigan.

out of the cl in the group stages one year beaten by benfica, beaten by porto another, beaten in the last 16 by milan another..

the youth policy took about 4 years to come good. if city win the league this year, do you think its acceptable we wait another 4 years like we did when chelsea came along. the players we waited on then were rooney and ronaldo, 2 players of a special breed, 2 in a million players. and cleverly and welbeck in that category??

nicklauski wrote: »
    Sean, cop onto yourself. Your constatly calling people a disgrace or idiotic for attemping to pull you up over one of the many stupid statements you have made.

"F..k off and die, nicklauski"

Do you think that the above's acceptable?

Because if you do, you too are an idiot and a disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

@sneijder101010: Thanks for all the support, from all over the world!! I will stay with Inter next season. Have a good night everyone.”

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    with less than 40 minutes to go, it doesn't look like we're going to get a world class midfielder that we need to compete at champions league level.No champiions league in 2012 without one.

Compete at Champions League level!

You do know United were in the Final three years of the last four?

Parker Kent just mentioned if a few posts ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

"F..k off and die, nicklauski"

Do you think that the above's acceptable?

Because if you do, you too are an idiot and a disgrace.

Your a ****ing moron.

kryogen wrote: »
    Gotta admit I laughed out loud at that
    Your right about that

Great to see members of this thread's little cabal thanking each others posts and finding so much joy in the offensive nonsense posted by clowns like keanewhateverhisnameis.

Jokers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,498 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I am one of those who thinks that it is bleeding obvious that Utd are weak in central midfield, that fact that people have to trot out the names of three wingers to try and pretend there is depth there tells its own story. But what surprises me about this transfer window is not that we didnt sign Snieieinejder, but that we didn't take a punt on Scott Parker, Joey Barton, or, now that it appears he is available, Mikel Arteta.

Either of those three players would improve our midfield while both costing not a lot and without stifling the development of any of the young players. It should have been win win all round, yet we didn't even make a bid for one of them. I can't understand it.

I intend to bookmark this page, because I am 100% certain that come the business end of the season, our lack of quality in center midfield will have cost us in terms of trophies. It is not good enough, and it is a mistake plain and simple to have not strengthened in this area.

**** sake lads, shut the **** up.

Ye're going around in circles.

along with the SSN coverage reading this thread is great craic :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Compete at Champions League level!

You do know United were in the Final three years of the last four?

Parker Kent just mentioned if a few posts ago.
    yes, in two of them, they were outclassed in midfield, just my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

sneijder101010 Wesley Sneijder
    I respect all the Man Utd fans, who supported me the whole transfer window! I'm a winner and I will make you Interisti proud this season!!!!

A funny old tweet from WS....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    yes, in two of them, they were outclassed in midfield, just my opinion.
    Im sorry, every time I see your username it just cracks me up :D

:(
    :mad:

ridding_ourselves_of_anger_OM_Times-300x225.jpg

I am one of those who thinks that it is bleeding obvious that Utd are weak in central midfield, that fact that people have to trot out the names of three wingers to try and pretend there is depth there tells its own story. But what surprises me about this transfer window is not that we didnt sign Snieieinejder, but that we didn't take a punt on Scott Parker, Joey Barton, or, now that it appears he is available, Mikel Arteta.

Either of those three players would improve our midfield while both costing not a lot and without stifling the development of any of the young players. It should have been win win all round, yet we didn't even make a bid for one of them. I can't understand it.

I intend to bookmark this page, because I am 100% certain that come the business end of the season, our lack of quality in center midfield will have cost us in terms of trophies. It is not good enough, and it is a mistake plain and simple to have not strengthened in this area.
    atrteta would have worth a punt, the only problem he has a history of injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

@sneijder101010: Thanks for all the support, from all over the world!! I will stay with Inter next season. Have a good night everyone.”

I'm telling you lads we're getting him! Just wait. You'll see, you'll all see.

• Advertisement

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Im sorry, every time I see your username it just cracks me up :D
    touche

Your a ****ing moron.

"Your" = owned by you

"You're" = an abbreviation for "you are"

Better to keep your mouth shut nicklauski and have people think that you're a fool rather than proving that you're a fool by opening it.

are kids back school tomorrow?:p

people forget we didnt win a whole pile from 03 to 07....one fa cup v milwall and one carling cup v wigan.

out of the cl in the group stages one year beaten by benfica, beaten by porto another, beaten in the last 16 by milan another..

the youth policy took about 4 years to come good. if city win the league this year, do you think its acceptable we wait another 4 years like we did when chelsea came along. the players we waited on then were rooney and ronaldo, 2 players of a special breed, 2 in a million players. and cleverly and welbeck in that category??

I didn't forget we won shag all. Flah and others mentioned earlier in the summer that we are in a transition period now and success may not come as often as it has the last few years.

Signing two midfielders wouldn't guarantee another league success this year or any year. Just before that period you talk about United spent big on Veron, Ruud and Rio but it didn't guarantee success over the next few years (Well it brought one league title). Spending big on a younger player like Rio ended up a better long term deal.

I get your disappointment United didn't sign a midfield (or two) but I think the signings made make up for that disappointment. I think adding pace, youth, movement to the first team squad was as important as improving midfield.

This thread closes at 12 tonight for the new monthly superthread doesn't it?

I hope to **** it is coz it's a shambles.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement